Author Topic: A Pinterest Promotion Ring idea  (Read 15206 times)

Offline Uniqlets

• View Profile
    • Uniqlets, Jewelry by Lisa
Re: A Pinterest Promotion Ring idea
« Reply #30 on: September 26, 2012, 12:10:19 AM »
Apologies to all for not having pinned before.  Life is crazy sometimes.  I pinned for each person on Handmade Artists and started on the list on IBH.

Offline ArtbyNancyPace

• The difference between can and do is the doing
    • View Profile
    • Art by Nancy Pace
« Reply #31 on: September 26, 2012, 12:53:10 PM »
Lisa, life does get a bit out of hand sometimes:0 It's all good dear:)

I keep getting lost and forget who I pinned for the day before, so I just pin from the list, someone, anyone:) I just pin away:)

Offline beadthing

• Whatever you are be a good one. ~Abraham Lincoln
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: October 02, 2012, 12:11:37 AM »
Is this continuing? I think I am beginning to pin the same things again.  I always have to play catch up so I just pin for everyone when I do it.

Offline kmarie0218

• my current picture
    • View Profile
    • My Lil' Craft Shoppe
« Reply #33 on: October 02, 2012, 07:36:08 PM »
Hi....

I've been distracted these days.  The real job is pretty crazy and draining these days.

We can continue if there is interest....but I agree....we're going to start having to repin and that kind of defeats the purpose.

Has anyone had any sales, boosts in visits/views, etc. from this?

We have 118 people on Pinterest following the board....and I have seen some things get liked or repinned by others so that's good!

Any ideas or suggestions?

buddingcreations

« Reply #34 on: October 06, 2012, 11:26:53 PM »
Hi....

I've been distracted these days.  The real job is pretty crazy and draining these days.

We can continue if there is interest....but I agree....we're going to start having to repin and that kind of defeats the purpose.

Has anyone had any sales, boosts in visits/views, etc. from this?

We have 118 people on Pinterest following the board....and I have seen some things get liked or repinned by others so that's good!

Any ideas or suggestions?

Well, i dont  know if it is directly related to the ring, but i have gotten alot of sales at least from what i am used to. I made 5 sales in sept. and already 2 this month! That is a record for my shop!

The only suggestion that I have would be to find a way to get more people involved on the list. I try to pin as much as i can but i get backed up from time to time especially when i make alot of sales! Hopefully, more people will see the fun behind the promotion of it and decide to join in :)

Offline Uniqlets

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: October 07, 2012, 03:03:47 AM »
After I noticed that I had pinned an item that someone else had pinned, I started checking the board before adding to it.  I think that would solve the repin issue.  I agree that the ideal would be to add more people.  I still haven't had sales.  I haven't check looks from items posted.

Offline kmarie0218

• my current picture
    • View Profile
    • My Lil' Craft Shoppe
« Reply #36 on: October 07, 2012, 06:15:13 PM »
Of course it also doesn't hurt if we are adding new inventory to our stores, too.  I finally added a few things the other day....and need to add more.  But it's hard to decide which I should do - work on new items, or add finished things to the store!  I've got some shows coming up soon so right now I'm focused on making new stuff....

I try to look at the board before I post things, too.

Offline ArtbyNancyPace

• View Profile
    • Art by Nancy Pace
« Reply #37 on: October 09, 2012, 09:23:11 AM »
I think I may pull out because a painting is slower to do than jewelry that I used to do, and mine are being repinned and repinned, the same ones, no way can I add things fast enough.
Please take my name off the list and I will just pin for everyone else. If you decide to stop please let me know, I hate to pin alone:)

Offline Uniqlets

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: October 09, 2012, 02:33:39 PM »
It is up to you, but if I see that there are any of your paintings that have not yet been pinned, I would be happy to continue pinning your things until I run out.
Of course it also doesn't hurt if we are adding new inventory to our stores, too.  I finally added a few things the other day....and need to add more.  But it's hard to decide which I should do - work on new items, or add finished things to the store!  I've got some shows coming up soon so right now I'm focused on making new stuff....

I try to look at the board before I post things, too.

Offline ArtbyNancyPace

• View Profile
    • Art by Nancy Pace
« Reply #39 on: October 10, 2012, 08:54:17 AM »
Thanks Lisa, if you want to add the new things that's great, I just don't want to spoil a cool board because I am a slower producer. I am not sure it is getting me hits, and I am not getting sales, but it may be helping someone else so I want to continue to pin you all.

Offline beadthing

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: October 23, 2012, 12:35:11 PM »
I have a question.  Is this Pinterest ring continuing.  I have not had a chance to read all the way through the post just a bit about there being so many duplicates that maybe we had reached a point of hmmm I don't know. 

My apologies for not having pinned anything in a while, been a bit busy.  If this is going to be a continuous ring, has the list of participants been updated.  I am sorry for sort of being out of it here, just checking in.

Offline ArtbyNancyPace

• View Profile
    • Art by Nancy Pace
« Reply #41 on: October 25, 2012, 01:27:05 PM »
I am bowing out of the Pinterest ring I just have to focus on personal things right now, sorry everyone, and thanks for all the pins.

Offline kmarie0218

• my current picture
    • View Profile
    • My Lil' Craft Shoppe
« Reply #42 on: October 25, 2012, 06:57:42 PM »
I am kinda here and there these days.  Been pretty busy with the real job and life, etc. and now that I've got several events coming up over the next few months I'm trying to spend my rare free time making jewelry! 

No one new has signed up recently.  I do come out here from time to time and try to pin some things, but yes the board has gotten a few duplicates and I hate to perpetuate that.  I suppose what we could do, tho, is to "like" or "comment" on some of the pins.  That way there is still a little activity.

Maybe we can try again in a month or so and see if we get more takers to join in....

Karen

Offline Uniqlets

• View Profile
« Reply #43 on: October 25, 2012, 08:42:16 PM »
Because it had petered out, I stopped doing it.  I am posting things on Pinterest regularly, but by simply from new listings.

Offline beadthing

• View Profile
« Reply #44 on: October 25, 2012, 08:43:57 PM »
Not a bad idea, to try again later.  I will do as Lisa, try to keep pinning a little along with new listings.