Author Topic: Shop Critiques  (Read 42229 times)

Offline beadthing

• Whatever you are be a good one. ~Abraham Lincoln
    • View Profile
Re: Shop Critiques
« Reply #15 on: August 04, 2012, 11:21:56 AM »
Thanks Sandi, I have changed my banner, hope it is better.  The one I had used was created by someone else based on my photo, this one I changed the photo myself and hope it is better. As for the rest, still working on that.

myeuropeantouch

« Reply #16 on: August 04, 2012, 01:16:21 PM »
Ok, give it a go...I have not had a sale....wnat to know why.... :-*

(exception a custom item I listed here so I can show at least 1 item sold.)

Anyone like to give it a go....I am not faultless you know.... :-\

Offline iKnitQuiltSew

• Global Moderator
  • ...one stitch at a time!
    • View Profile
    • i Knit Quilt Sew
« Reply #17 on: August 04, 2012, 02:28:02 PM »

I looked, Monika.  Your pieces are so unusual and gorgeous, and I'm coming up with very little to help with your shop, other than perhaps a bit more fill light in your photos.  I honestly think your things belong in a niche market...  Families with kids homes don't have your things; Singles aren't focusing on their decor; you get the idea.  Once that collectible, gracious, beautifully appointed home set finds you, I don't think you're going to be able to keep up.  I don't know how to tell you to market to that demographic, though, and I really think that's the issue.

So basically, I'm no help at all to you....  so sorry.............

Offline beadthing

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 05, 2012, 02:56:14 AM »
Ok, Sandi, I have made quite a few changes to the shop.  Take a look again and see if it is any better now.  I took your comments into consideration and did some editing to most of the photos, (I'm not finished yet).  I added some products that got edited today in my work.  So hopefully this is better now.  But if it is not, then let me know. 

As for the description on the bloodstone, Not sure whether to take out the information or what, don't really know what else to say about it.

Anyone else want to have a go at critique my shop, please 'let her rip'  I need the help I'm sure.

Pam

Offline iKnitQuiltSew

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • i Knit Quilt Sew
« Reply #19 on: August 05, 2012, 07:49:53 AM »
Ok, Sandi, I have made quite a few changes to the shop.  Take a look again and see if it is any better now.  I took your comments into consideration and did some editing to most of the photos, (I'm not finished yet).  I added some products that got edited today in my work.  So hopefully this is better now.  But if it is not, then let me know. 

As for the description on the bloodstone, Not sure whether to take out the information or what, don't really know what else to say about it.

Anyone else want to have a go at critique my shop, please 'let her rip'  I need the help I'm sure.

Pam

I'm really flattered, Pam, that you took me so seriously, but please remember that I am only one person!

I can't read the text on your new banner, in fact, at first I didn't even see that there was text in it.  Instead of stretching a photo to make it work, do you have one that you could crop to the correct size?

I looked at your two new items, and I think those descriptions are better.  But your titles still aren't going to get your pieces found by search engines, unless someone searching for a bracelet decides that they will type in/search for Wire Swirls.  If you were looking for that bracelet to buy, what words would you type into Google/Yahoo/Bing?  That's what needs to be in your title and description.

Nancy Pace

« Reply #20 on: August 05, 2012, 11:18:22 AM »

Pam

I'm really flattered, Pam, that you took me so seriously, but please remember that I am only one person!

I can't read the text on your new banner, in fact, at first I didn't even see that there was text in it.  Instead of stretching a photo to make it work, do you have one that you could crop to the correct size?

I looked at your two new items, and I think those descriptions are better.  But your titles still aren't going to get your pieces found by search engines, unless someone searching for a bracelet decides that they will type in/search for Wire Swirls.  If you were looking for that bracelet to buy, what words would you type into Google/Yahoo/Bing?  That's what needs to be in your title and description.
I have not sold in my shop yet either , but I do know I have made sales after people shopped and then I sold then items. I call it my online catalog sometimes:)
The very first thing that I noticed was your banner, I can't read it(
Then I was instantly drawn the this red bracelet:) http://handmadeartists.com/product-details/Jewelry/Bracelets/Red%20Swarovski%20Waves?pid=20120805035135a0b92
But I really couldn't appreciate it because your photos are fuzzy. The thing is, we can always improve our chances of sales by upgrading our shops constantly.
The thing I think you do most right is you have a wonderful product to offer! Jewelry is a very hard item to sell right now, there is so much out there. I believe if you keep working at making your photos clear and get a banner that looks professional it will help pull shoppers in:)

Offline beadthing

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 05, 2012, 04:12:26 PM »
Changed my banner.  Finally had to give up on my editor and download picassa and I think this is better.  Please look and let me know.

myeuropeantouch

« Reply #22 on: August 05, 2012, 06:29:25 PM »

I looked, Monika.  Your pieces are so unusual and gorgeous, and I'm coming up with very little to help with your shop, other than perhaps a bit more fill light in your photos.  I honestly think your things belong in a niche market...  Families with kids homes don't have your things; Singles aren't focusing on their decor; you get the idea.  Once that collectible, gracious, beautifully appointed home set finds you, I don't think you're going to be able to keep up.  I don't know how to tell you to market to that demographic, though, and I really think that's the issue.

So basically, I'm no help at all to you....  so sorry.............

Sandi, fist I thank you for even looking! I do not know what a "Niche Market " is....I hate to say this....but I did sell well on etsy.....(groan)...there, I said it. So the market is out there, whatever a niche market is, (help) just dont know how they will find me again.
Will work on the photo's....
« Last Edit: August 05, 2012, 06:31:22 PM by myeuropeantouch »

Offline iKnitQuiltSew

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • i Knit Quilt Sew
« Reply #23 on: August 05, 2012, 08:09:13 PM »
A niche market is one that is small, but out there.  It's just a matter of getting you and them together.

Offline ArtbyNancyPace

• The difference between can and do is the doing
    • View Profile
    • Art by Nancy Pace
« Reply #24 on: August 05, 2012, 08:52:45 PM »
Changed my banner.  Finally had to give up on my editor and download picassa and I think this is better.  Please look and let me know.
Now that is very interesting, very nice:)

myeuropeantouch

« Reply #25 on: August 06, 2012, 12:08:52 PM »
A niche market is one that is small, but out there.  It's just a matter of getting you and them together.

Well, looks like I will not find that Niche here on hadnmadeartists....uhmmmm......thanks for explaining.... :-*

Offline chainmaille

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 06, 2012, 01:01:59 PM »

Well, looks like I will not find that Niche here on hadnmadeartists....uhmmmm......thanks for explaining.... :-*

Just because your in a niche market doesn't mean you will not get found here. If you think about it a niche market can be as small as a buyers taste, We have art on handmade artists, but it doesn't mean it will fit into the buyers taste. So honestly all of our talents fit into certain niches if you look at it that way.

myeuropeantouch

« Reply #27 on: August 09, 2012, 06:20:48 PM »
Thanks Andrew, I will keep looking.... ;D

Offline JillyBeans

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 15, 2012, 08:55:41 PM »
 :o OK, so I have thick skin (and I'm going to need it) so go ahead and give it to me!! :-X :(

Offline ArtbyNancyPace

• The difference between can and do is the doing
    • View Profile
    • Art by Nancy Pace
« Reply #29 on: August 16, 2012, 01:24:28 PM »
Jilly, that is a great shop, love your model:) The thing I found was since you didn't leave a link for us, I clicked your name thinking it would take me to your profile and the link to your shop would be there,but it wasn't. BTW your banner is very cute:)
I did a search on your name and found you. The think I did notice you may want to think about rewording is your shop announcement,

Hello!!! I love to sew and craft, made my children's clothes as they were growing up and now want to make a business of it.
You have made a business out of it, it is not a want to now, it is happening, you are there!
Nothing major tiny tweeks so I say not bad my dear:)
Remember anything we say or suggest here is just that a suggestion, it's your shop, good luck.