Author Topic: ARTIST'S & CRAFTERS for an ARTIST CO-OP.  (Read 2211 times)

Offline sunstonevalley

• Sunstone Valley Jewelry
    • View Profile
ARTIST'S & CRAFTERS for an ARTIST CO-OP.
« on: July 18, 2012, 01:33:43 PM »
Hello Everyone! I've long had a dream of opening an Artist's Co-Op. I will be funding this venture, but I am in need of participants. My media of choice, at this time, is metal. I am a metalsmith, working in mostly sterling silver, but I also work with gold, brass, nickel silver & copper. I attended James Madison University in 1998, where I received a 4.0 in Arts & Metals. I have dealt with, & sold the majority of my work in art galleries. Now I am blessed to be in a position of being able to do what I've been wanting to do. All of that being said, I am looking for individual, & unique artist's, who are interested in displaying & selling their craft in a retail, art gallery setting. Each artist would contribute, depending on the sq. footage needed to display their craft, $50.00 to $125.00 per month, for their individual space. I know that some people like the craft show/flea market environment, it's just not for me. Although I enjoy my craft, my prices are set for a reason, & I am not in this to lose or break even. This would be a clean, very unique store, with each artist's work uniquely & creatively displayed in their own individual space. As I'm sure we can all agree, our unique talent, materials & time are valuable, so this will be a, PRICES ARE NON- NEGOTIABLE, retail environment. I'd also like to mention that, although I make jewelry, I also like other jewelry artist's creations, so please don't let that stop you if you are interested in what I'm proposing. I will also consider collectors if their wares are VERY high quality, rare or unique. I have  several prospective store locations that I'm looking at, but I NEED ARTIST'S! My location is on the Illinois/ Wisconsin border. The location of the stores that I'm interested in, are all within a 30 mile radius of my home. PLEASE contact me if you're interested in this venture, or if you have questions, helpful ideas, suggestions or feedback. So, please don't hesitate to contact me via email at  lriley1959@gmail.com
« Last Edit: July 18, 2012, 04:01:10 PM by sunstonevalley »

Offline chainmaille

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: ARTIST'S & CRAFTERS for an ARTIST CO-OP.
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2012, 02:59:30 PM »
Hey good luck with your venture, I moved your topic to an appropriate category. We have members from all over the country and all over the world so who knows you may get some interest :D

Offline MakinTheBest

• Administrator
  • Live everyday like you mean it!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2012, 04:32:56 AM »
Wish we lived closer so we could join you on this adventure!  Best of luck

Offline ArtbyNancyPace

• The difference between can and do is the doing
    • View Profile
    • Art by Nancy Pace
« Reply #4 on: July 19, 2012, 12:50:24 PM »
I am simply too far away to join you, but I wish I could. It sounds like great fun! Good luck!

Offline trusk4u

• Handmade is always a journey of discovery!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 20, 2012, 11:04:49 AM »
I'm curious what town you are in? Lived in that area for many years and still have family there.