Author Topic: Clearance sale!!!  (Read 3598 times)

Offline trusk4u

• Handmade is always a journey of discovery!
    • View Profile
Clearance sale!!!
« on: June 22, 2012, 10:44:28 AM »

http://handmadeartists.com/shop/trusk4u&secid=1193

In order to move product and make room for upcoming fall/winter stuff I have created a clearance section in my shop. I've put all kinds of stuff there and already taken the markdowns to make check out easier. Each title will say what the original price was and what the new price is. ;)

Nancy Pace

Re: Clearance sale!!!
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2012, 12:48:51 PM »
I will go check it out:) I came over here to do the same thing, good luck to us both! I am hopeing to make $$$ for paints and canvas:)

Offline Larissa

• Reef Botanicals
  • Global Moderator
  • Act well your part, there all the honour lies.
    • View Profile
    • Reef Botanicals
« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2012, 01:09:18 PM »
Tweeted, and posted on my personal FB page, Reef Botanicals FB page, Fabric of my Mind FB page, and a private FB group I'm in.

Offline dahlish

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2012, 02:30:23 PM »
Awesome!!!  :)  Good luck!

Nancy Pace

« Reply #4 on: July 08, 2012, 03:26:17 PM »
I tw'd and facebooked this too:)

Offline Dee38753

• Live life as if there was no tomorrow!
    • View Profile
    • Southern Country Creations
« Reply #5 on: July 08, 2012, 04:57:31 PM »
Good luck with your sale!! Shared around!

Offline ArtbyNancyPace

• The difference between can and do is the doing
    • View Profile
    • Art by Nancy Pace
« Reply #7 on: July 12, 2012, 08:09:35 AM »
Lisa, don't get discouraged, I have 10 more days on my sale and no bites yet. I love a sale but people are funny sometimes that way. I have never done a sale in my shop, this is the first but I have done specials at shows and they do not work there for me either . It is the same quality pieces I sell full price, they have just been around too long. They pass them by and buy more expensive pieces. They seem to think if I have it reduced it is lesser stuff ??? I learned not to point out my specials, they seem insulted. Some shows can be snobby like that.

Offline ArtbyNancyPace

• The difference between can and do is the doing
    • View Profile
    • Art by Nancy Pace
« Reply #9 on: July 13, 2012, 07:03:48 AM »
LOL!! Believe me they are out there:) It can be the same in retail, people are so funny. I can take a display with really good jewelry and put a sale on it and if I point it out I get a look, and they go pick up a very expensive piece and buy that. Or they browse through it and go to a piece not on sale and want it for the same sale price! I do not make deals at shows, if I put it on special it is for that item only.

It depends where the show is what part of the country or even my state, North or South.
I was invited to a debriefing/planning  meeting for next years Shawneefest and we had this same discussion last night. This was started by a winery owner, it is all in the presentation.

Offline trusk4u

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 13, 2012, 08:19:32 AM »
Thanks for the promos guys! In all the places I've had online shops,( and there have been many) I think I've had a handful of sales from a sale or clearance section. All of those were on Etsy.

You are so right about people being funny about that stuff. I see it everyday in my store. They won't but the handmade (and very well made) aprons in my store for $20, but they will go down the street and buy a cheap, imported one for twice as much because it's from "that" store. It makes me crazy! :-\

FidelaTresori

« Reply #11 on: July 13, 2012, 08:36:27 AM »
Pricing is always so problematic.  Price something low and people think it's substandard, price it higher and it's out of reach for many people, and how to get it before people for whom it's not?

I have tried so hard to keep my work affordable, probably not charging enough for my time investment, trying to strike a happy medium. 

Offline trusk4u

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 13, 2012, 01:02:33 PM »
Pricing is always so problematic.  Price something low and people think it's substandard, price it higher and it's out of reach for many people, and how to get it before people for whom it's not?

I have tried so hard to keep my work affordable, probably not charging enough for my time investment, trying to strike a happy medium.

You, me and many many others are in this boat. I have a woman here who does painted glassware, vases,jars and also carriers for things like cakes and stuff. Her things are so cheap. vases are as little as $3. I've talked to her about raising her prices, but she's happy with them . I think they should be double what they currently are.

Offline lisianblue

• View Profile
    • lisianblue
« Reply #13 on: July 15, 2012, 04:00:24 AM »
Thanks for the promos guys! In all the places I've had online shops,( and there have been many) I think I've had a handful of sales from a sale or clearance section. All of those were on Etsy.

You are so right about people being funny about that stuff. I see it everyday in my store. They won't but the handmade (and very well made) aprons in my store for $20, but they will go down the street and buy a cheap, imported one for twice as much because it's from "that" store. It makes me crazy! :-\

That's silly! My uncle told me once, if you want to have more money, be thrifty - or something like that - doesn't make sense to spend twice as much on something that you can buy a better quality of for a lot less!
I don't think I have ever had a sale when I've had things on sale.  I actually won't put my ornaments on sale - although they sort will be because they are in my new shop, Reflections,  - not on sale but I am putting in each listing to enter newshop into the coupon code for 20% off.   
Hope you both have some luck with this! tweets scheduled.
Kris 
"Art is not a handicraft, it is the transmission of feeling the artist has experienced."  Leo Tolstoy 

http://handmadeartists.com/shop/reflections
http://handmadeartistsshop.com/shop/lisianblue

http://twitter.com/lisianblue
http://lisianblue.blogspot.com

MarilynKelleyArt

« Reply #14 on: July 15, 2012, 06:22:41 AM »
For me, pricing is the hardest part of this business.  Take those napkin rings that I just finished. Those little buggers took 4 fires!  No one would have purchased them if I actually figured all my time.

I want to make money, obviously, but I also want to have fair prices. I sometimes price according to what I would pay for the same item.  I don't run alot of sales unless I'm just really trying to clear out some items.