Author Topic: My obsession with pink....(swoon) where is the smelling salt....  (Read 3778 times)

FidelaTresori

Re: My obsession with pink....(swoon) where is the smelling salt....
« Reply #15 on: June 19, 2012, 09:19:54 PM »
Love that story...I am not a pink girl, though I love to look at it I can not wear it because when I was little my mom wanted me dressed like a girl; all ruffles and lace; and I am not a ruffle and lace type of girl.  Give me my jeans and TShirt and I am happy; ruffle and lace and I feel like a 6' Barbie Doll.

You're 6' tall?

Your mom was like mine and it reminds me of a story my mom used to tell about how she loved to dress us all up like dolls when we were little.  She had five of us 6 yrs. old and under at one time, me being the oldest and she dressed us like that no matter where we were going.  One time she was trying to get us all ready to walk to the doctor's office and I can't imagine trying to get five toddlers all dolled up at once to make an appointment.  But all along the heavily traveled street, she said I was bending over picking up small rocks and tossing them.  When our examinations were over, she accused the doctor of stealing my underpants.  He just laughed at her because he was like another grandpa to all of us, and he knew she'd just managed to forget to put them on me in all the chaos.  And then, then she thought about me picking up rocks along the way...

Offline MakinTheBest

• Administrator
  • Live everyday like you mean it!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 20, 2012, 04:29:31 AM »
My entire family is tall, in fact, my brothers dwarf me!  When Andrew and I started dating I was so excited because I could wear heels and he was still taller than me!

And your mom...I think I would have jumped off a bridge having all those toddlers at once!  I had a hard enough time with my boys being only 2 years apart!

myeuropeantouch

« Reply #17 on: June 20, 2012, 08:17:44 AM »
Kimberly you are 6'.......wow....I am 5'12".......(giggles)

Am cracking myself up..... :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

I love my jeans too these days, but a pink Tshirt....OH my.... :-\ I am going bananas....

:laugh:  Hurrahs for tall girls!

You know there is such a thing as a Tall Girl Club here in Amarica and all over the world. I belonged to one in the 80's...I got tired of short guys wanting to dance with me and having their ears between my Boobies.....mwhahahahahahahaaaaaa...... picture that!
 :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: ROTFLOL

BTW...my Dad was 6'7"........and my Mom 4'9"....picture that one too.....LOL
« Last Edit: June 20, 2012, 08:20:02 AM by myeuropeantouch »

myeuropeantouch

« Reply #18 on: June 20, 2012, 03:58:02 PM »
Oooops, I do hope I have not been to forward.....sheesh.....just tell me to shut up. It's OK....I can take it....

Offline MakinTheBest

• Administrator
  • Live everyday like you mean it!
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 20, 2012, 04:06:43 PM »
Oooops, I do hope I have not been to forward.....sheesh.....just tell me to shut up. It's OK....I can take it....

I would never tell you that!  At Andrew's company Christmas dinner this year I found out that most Portuguese men are short and swore that next year I an wearing flats for that same reason.

myeuropeantouch

« Reply #20 on: June 20, 2012, 06:12:49 PM »

I would never tell you that!  At Andrew's company Christmas dinner this year I found out that most Portuguese men are short and swore that next year I an wearing flats for that same reason.

Now I spit my water.....excuse me while I clean my monitor up real quick....LOL

FidelaTresori

« Reply #21 on: June 20, 2012, 06:52:48 PM »
My entire family is tall, in fact, my brothers dwarf me!  When Andrew and I started dating I was so excited because I could wear heels and he was still taller than me!

And your mom...I think I would have jumped off a bridge having all those toddlers at once!  I had a hard enough time with my boys being only 2 years apart!

I'm a mere 5'2", luckily hubs is only about 5'8". 

And believe me, I know there were times when my mom considered it.  Back before post partum depression was known of, one time she got so distraught, she called our doctor immediately.  He told her to call my dad to come home and lock herself in the bathroom until he got there.  Hence we all survived another day.