Author Topic: [SOLVED] Keeps signing me out  (Read 2665 times)

Offline KilnGoddess

• Clay sings, can you hear it?
    • View Profile
[SOLVED] Keeps signing me out
« on: June 08, 2012, 09:12:04 PM »
from one page to the next I get signed out. I was in the middle of listing my first item and from one page to the next it signed me out and I had to sign back in and everything I had wrote for that item disappeared.

« Last Edit: September 17, 2012, 09:16:53 AM by Jhowarth »

Offline chainmaille

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Keeps signing me out
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2012, 12:37:03 PM »
from one page to the next I get signed out. I was in the middle of listing my first item and from one page to the next it signed me out and I had to sign back in and everything I had wrote for that item disappeared.

Once signed into the shop you shouldn't be signed out from one page to next, but it will sign you out in an hour or so. This is also on the list to correct, so that you are not automatically signed and stay signed in.

FidelaTresori

« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2012, 12:14:56 AM »

Once signed into the shop you shouldn't be signed out from one page to next, but it will sign you out in an hour or so. This is also on the list to correct, so that you are not automatically signed and stay signed in.

I only experienced a problem with this when it happened the first time (I had to stop what I was doing to pack hubs lunch for work) and I came back, finished typing in my entry and when I hit save it was all gone.  Once I realized that was the case, I just made sure to finish the entire entry before getting sidetracked by something else, so then it was no longer an issue.  But thank you for having that on the list to change. 

Not sure if the routine has to be written in a certain way to accomplish this but it would be good if it signed you out upon closing the browser entirely, but not when closing just the tab.  And I don't know about anyone else but I get a bit peeved at sites like Etsy, eBay, and Facebook when they autocheck the "Keep me signed in" button at random so I have to deselect it before I do sign in.  They all warn you at one time or another to keep your account information private, but it seems to me this is not the way to go about it.  I've pulled up FB on a shared computer at work to find it coming up with someone else still signed in.  Not cool since any of us can become sidetracked or get called away suddenly and forget that was checked when we did sign in.  To my thinking, that should always be an opt-in.

Those are just my suggestions, not earth-shattering or anything. :) 

glitterfrogdesigns

« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2012, 01:42:16 PM »
And oddly enough, I love the stay signed in  buttons! Of course, the only people on my computer are me and my daughter, though. And I have to admit, it makes it easier for me to check up on her because she NEVER signs out!

:evil: MUAHAHAHAHAAAAAAAA

FidelaTresori

« Reply #4 on: June 13, 2012, 03:40:33 PM »
Well, it's not a problem at home and I can understand why you would prefer it that way, too.  I imagine there's a sizable portion of users on those sites for whom it isn't the case.

glitterfrogdesigns

« Reply #5 on: June 13, 2012, 06:56:19 PM »
Well, it's not a problem at home and I can understand why you would prefer it that way, too.  I imagine there's a sizable portion of users on those sites for whom it isn't the case.

I know, I was just being silly. I can certainly see how it would be a problem if a lot of people have access to the same computer!

FidelaTresori

« Reply #6 on: June 13, 2012, 09:03:06 PM »

Hey, Andrew...I haven't timed this or anything, but it seems like it signs me out more like every 15-20 minutes.  Is that possible?

MarilynKelleyArt

« Reply #7 on: July 18, 2012, 04:41:44 AM »

Hey, Andrew...I haven't timed this or anything, but it seems like it signs me out more like every 15-20 minutes.  Is that possible?

Andrew, I experience the same thing. I try to stay logged in all day....don't ask me why....I don't know. lol  Anyway, I don't think I've ever been logged in for more than 30 minutes or so. The forum has never been a problem, only the shops.

Offline chainmaille

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 18, 2012, 05:51:46 AM »
Marilyn,
We aware of it and will hopefully be making changes soon. Our full time guy is on board now and will be working with Josey to start on making improvements shortly. So hang in there.
Thanks,

MarilynKelleyArt

« Reply #9 on: July 18, 2012, 06:45:13 AM »
OK. It's not a big issue, just annoying sometimes. Love the shops and the forum!

Offline chainmaille

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 09, 2012, 01:19:53 PM »
Well it took a couple of months, but Josey seemed to get this fixed, we are testing, but I've been logged into the site overnight with no issue. I'm sure Josey will advise us more later. Just thought I'd let everyone know :D

Offline Larissa

• Reef Botanicals
  • Global Moderator
  • Act well your part, there all the honour lies.
    • View Profile
    • Reef Botanicals
« Reply #11 on: September 09, 2012, 04:31:58 PM »
Nice!