Author Topic: Postage Calculators  (Read 2643 times)

Offline Blue Highways

• Global Moderator
  • Book Nerd
    • View Profile
    • My Shop and Blog
Postage Calculators
« on: May 29, 2012, 07:49:44 AM »
In setting up my own .com I have come to see that I pretty much need a real-time USPS postage calculator, especially since my parcels are normally 1 pound plus and the rates are pretty much all over the place, plus I'd love for it to be able to calculate international shipping and have the ability for a customer to choose faster shipping methods. Anyone know of one that won't cost me an arm and a leg AND is easy enough for this web page simpleton to install?

PS I am NOT leaving HA, my shop here will always stay - I'd have to be kicked out  :police:

Offline thepeasantpailfull

• View Profile
Re: Postage Calculators
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2012, 09:23:23 AM »
Maybe this is overly complicated and I haven't used it in years but can't you just use click and ship? Even if your packages are over a pound I think you can still get the rate and cancel.  Is there a PayPal complication,I must admit I have never used it?

If not,I'm pretty sure you can use it for packages over a pound too,you just have to take those to the post office. People complain about it but I never had a problem ever.

Offline Blue Highways

• Global Moderator
  • Book Nerd
    • View Profile
    • My Shop and Blog
« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2012, 10:35:08 AM »
I need one that I can integrate in to the shopping cart for my website. You know, when someone checks out they can choose their method of shipping - it's then added to their total.

Offline Larissa

• Reef Botanicals
  • Global Moderator
  • Act well your part, there all the honour lies.
    • View Profile
    • Reef Botanicals
« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2012, 11:01:59 AM »
I'm pretty sure there's one on the USPS site, no?  I think Eric used that for the first incarnation of our stand-alone site.

Offline Blue Highways

• Global Moderator
  • Book Nerd
    • View Profile
    • My Shop and Blog
« Reply #4 on: May 29, 2012, 11:31:09 AM »
Pahahaha! Well that was stating the obvious - which I did not think of. Doh.
I signed up for USPS Web Tools API - now we'll see if I have the brains to use it  :-\

myeuropeantouch

« Reply #5 on: May 30, 2012, 07:43:06 AM »
Andrea, dont feel bad....I just learned something new....LOL

Offline MakinTheBest

• Administrator
  • Live everyday like you mean it!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 17, 2012, 07:40:19 AM »
Number one we would never kick you out since I need more journals for some upcoming trips! 

Isn't setting up your own site fun?  With all the widgets and gadgets and stuff that you have to learn how to use! :P

Offline lisianblue

• View Profile
    • lisianblue
« Reply #7 on: June 18, 2012, 01:36:48 PM »
Number one we would never kick you out since I need more journals for some upcoming trips! 

Isn't setting up your own site fun?  With all the widgets and gadgets and stuff that you have to learn how to use! :P
and things that go whirl too?

lo

If you do a label through USPS, paid for and all that, you can ship over 13 oz from your home.  You can even schedule a pick up.   I love it.  I need a better scale tho. my small kitchen scale gets off so easily.

Maybe I ought to put lisianblue.com to good use, it actually gets more hits than the other blog that I post more on!
Kris 
"Art is not a handicraft, it is the transmission of feeling the artist has experienced."  Leo Tolstoy 

http://handmadeartists.com/shop/reflections
http://handmadeartistsshop.com/shop/lisianblue

http://twitter.com/lisianblue
http://lisianblue.blogspot.com