Author Topic: Check this out.....  (Read 5261 times)

Offline Blue Highways

• Global Moderator
  • Book Nerd
    • View Profile
    • My Shop and Blog
Check this out.....
« on: May 27, 2012, 03:34:47 PM »
As some of you know I've been on a quest to replenish my random glass beads - many thanks to Teresa for the fabulous assortment she sent me - anyway, Fire Mountain Gems was having a sale and they had a 1 pound grab bag of just random beads and findings (their site said it was a customer favorite) It was fairly cheap ($10) for 1# bag of goodies so I bought one. I am pretty disappointed, the beads and findings were fine BUT 4 (FOUR) of the beads weighed nearly half a pound - it's true! So half my bags weight was 4 beads. I know this was a random grab bag but never in a million years would I have ever dreamed this scenario. Should I suck it up and chalk it up to experience or should I contact them and let them know they have a very unhappy camper out here. I attached a photo so you can see these enormous things - what in the world can I uses them for besides a weapon? (Anyone remember "Clackers"?) Please, hold your laughter.

myeuropeantouch

Re: Check this out.....
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2012, 04:05:48 PM »
Ahem.....(holding my laughter)......I woudl nicely write an email. Other then that there is nothing you can do because of the "grab Bag" thing.....Use them for Christmas decoration maybe, fix tem up a bit purty..... :D

Offline Blue Highways

• Global Moderator
  • Book Nerd
    • View Profile
    • My Shop and Blog
« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2012, 04:41:24 PM »
I think I will contact them - if for nothing else than to show them it is NOT as they had it in the item description - you cannot use these for jewelry...you'll put an eye out or get a hernia even.. :-X

"Contains a constantly changing wonderful assortment of beads, findings, cabochons and all different kinds of fun jewelry-making stuff!

Offline MakinTheBest

• Administrator
  • Live everyday like you mean it!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2012, 04:58:39 PM »
Sorry, but you made me laugh at the thought of using those in jewelry!  You would throw your back out!

I would definitely write them and tell them you are NOT happy and see if they will do anything for you.

Offline chainmaille

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 27, 2012, 04:59:48 PM »
Um Um Um Um
That's a nice set! of um beads in your hand..  ???

Offline Blue Highways

• Global Moderator
  • Book Nerd
    • View Profile
    • My Shop and Blog
« Reply #5 on: May 27, 2012, 05:02:03 PM »
Ahahahaaa! Yah. Nice beads.  ::)  I wrote them, we'll see

Offline Blue Highways

• Global Moderator
  • Book Nerd
    • View Profile
    • My Shop and Blog
« Reply #6 on: May 29, 2012, 01:40:04 PM »
Dear Andrea,
Thank you for your email.  We apologize for the dissatisfaction that you have experienced with our Boss' Bead Bag.  This package contain any range of items in many different sizes, shapes, colors and types.  The beads that you have referenced can often be used as statement pieces in larger necklaces or pieces.  Often the items included in the Boss' bead bag can provide inspiration or expose people to items that they may not have considered using in their items before.

Wow. I want to know WHO would wear these huge heavy glass balls from their neck...maybe if you wanted to off someone...you know hang 'em around their neck and have 'em swimmin' wit da fishes...

Meh..I guess I'll send the whole kit n kaboodle back

Offline chainmaille

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 29, 2012, 03:03:07 PM »
You could use those beads to take out Goliath

Offline Blue Highways

• Global Moderator
  • Book Nerd
    • View Profile
    • My Shop and Blog
« Reply #8 on: May 29, 2012, 03:53:11 PM »
Good idea, Andrew. I'll go sit by the mailbox with my slingshot and these 1/4 pounders and wait for Goliath to show his nasty giant self.
 >:)

So, I went to the PO to return the beads - the postage was $8.85, the beads were only $9.95 - guess who is stuck with two great big blue ba....glass beads. Jackholes. I am not happy
  >:(

Offline iKnitQuiltSew

• Global Moderator
  • ...one stitch at a time!
    • View Profile
    • i Knit Quilt Sew
« Reply #9 on: May 29, 2012, 05:00:21 PM »
That's ridiculous!  You could make yourself a little statue with them.  Hot glue them together on a sturdy surface.  Add a little sign to the base/front which reads, "Fire Mountain Gems - reasons I don't deal with them," then use it as a paperweight on your desk!

Offline MakinTheBest

• Administrator
  • Live everyday like you mean it!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 29, 2012, 05:46:00 PM »
Statement piece??  Are you kidding me??  Those beads are bigger than my boobs!   :laugh:   

Nancy Pace

« Reply #12 on: May 29, 2012, 05:51:25 PM »
Kimberly, you are so funny, LOLLOLOL!!! Imagine using those for jewelry!

Offline Blue Highways

• Global Moderator
  • Book Nerd
    • View Profile
    • My Shop and Blog
« Reply #13 on: May 29, 2012, 05:54:18 PM »
HA!!!! Kim!

I think I just might take Sandi's advice and make a sculpture, hang a sign from it and make it my avatar all over the internet  >:)

Offline Blue Highways

• Global Moderator
  • Book Nerd
    • View Profile
    • My Shop and Blog
« Reply #14 on: May 29, 2012, 07:40:21 PM »
So I started out taking Andrews advice in a way... I brought my issue to the Goliath aka Fire Mountain Gems facebook page...photos and all! Here is their response:

Fire Mountain Gems and Beads- We're sorry for the disappointment Andrea. I'll be taking this forward to be reviewed and someone will be contacting you. Thanks for bringing your concerns forward.

I may get some satisfaction yet