Author Topic: Chat sign in  (Read 4013 times)

Offline KilnGoddess

• Clay sings, can you hear it?
    • View Profile
Chat sign in
« on: May 24, 2012, 08:48:01 PM »
altho I am signed into the site, I am not signed into chat, when I try to sign into chat it says my password is invalid. It was working fine up to this afternoon...something change?

Edited to add: i signed out of my shop on my account on my computer and tried to sign back in and it wouldn't let me back into my shop account. When i couldn't get back in i picked up my ipad and luckily am still signed in on it in my account so can edit this. I am not going to sign out so i can still post from my ipad. I still can not sign into chat on ipad or computer nor into my shop account once i sign out.

HELP!!!!!!
« Last Edit: May 24, 2012, 09:30:57 PM by KilnGoddess »

Offline Blue Highways

• Global Moderator
  • Book Nerd
    • View Profile
    • My Shop and Blog
Re: Chat sign in
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2012, 09:38:40 PM »
Are you signed in in your shop? I always have to be signed in there then I can pop right in to chat

Offline KilnGoddess

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2012, 09:48:05 PM »
It won't let me sign in. Says user name and password does not match but its the one i have been using. I'm signed into the forums on my ipad but if i sign out i can't sign back in anywhere neither on my ipad or laptop.

Offline chainmaille

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2012, 05:56:03 AM »
I sent you a new password.
The reason you're logged into the forum and not to the shop is a cookie issue, the cookies expire on the shop and the cookies on the forum are set to not expire.
We have it on the list, I thought I may have been fixed but not yet. The key to making sure you are logged into the whole site including chat, is to look at the top tool bar on the shop and see if you see your name there.

Offline KilnGoddess

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 25, 2012, 10:11:25 AM »
Why did my password stop working? I know I was typing it right, I had written it down in my little password book and it had been working fine.

Offline chainmaille

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 25, 2012, 10:14:08 AM »
Honestly I highly doubt your password stopped working. I think you might have not typed it in right, maybe you had cap lock on as I believe it is case sensitive. I'm assuming you were able to reset your password ok?
Hope that helps

Offline KilnGoddess

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 25, 2012, 10:30:34 AM »
Actually I sill am using the one you sent... (i'm chicken to reset it ;) I will but I need to get brave.

but I am very very sure I was typing the right one and no lock was on(i checked that first and I don't even know how to cap lock my ipad) and it was not working across 2 devices both ipad and laptop.

Does resetting my password reset it across shop, forum, and chat? When I signed into the shop it also signed me into chat.

Offline chainmaille

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 25, 2012, 10:45:10 AM »
Yes resetting your password resets it across the whole site. Not sure what to say about the password not working. We have not had an issue with that yet. So who knows. If you change your password in the shop you'll be fine.

Offline Jhowarth

• Head of Development Roo
  • Code Monkey of Lurve
    • View Profile
    • FnFHost
« Reply #8 on: May 26, 2012, 03:43:00 AM »
Actually I sill am using the one you sent... (i'm chicken to reset it ;) I will but I need to get brave.

but I am very very sure I was typing the right one and no lock was on(i checked that first and I don't even know how to cap lock my ipad) and it was not working across 2 devices both ipad and laptop.

Does resetting my password reset it across shop, forum, and chat? When I signed into the shop it also signed me into chat.

Kiln, I'm still getting the lay of the land, so to speak, for this site.  ;D I'd recommend trying to change your password anyway.  Always best to have a secure password that only you know and that has not been sent in plaintext across the internet.   

If you change it and you run into issues, we can continue to fix it until your account is solid and working consistently. :)  But we can't do that till you try.  Would you do me a huge favor and try to change your password and login and then tell us if it has worked or not? :) 
This Code Monkey of Love says, "Thrive on Passion"

Offline chainmaille

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 26, 2012, 11:01:41 AM »
All you have to do to change your password is log into your shop and go to your account change  the password and hit save. It works fine and will change your password in all areas of the site.

Offline KilnGoddess

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 26, 2012, 05:22:34 PM »
I changed it but have not signed out anywhere since changing it.

Offline Jhowarth

• Code Monkey of Lurve
    • View Profile
    • FnFHost
« Reply #11 on: May 29, 2012, 12:42:55 PM »
I changed it but have not signed out anywhere since changing it.
Okay, let us know here if you run into any more issues.

Offline Dragonclaw

• DRAGONCLAW STUDIOS free-form, organic wearable art
    • View Profile
    • DRAGONCLAW STUDIOS
« Reply #12 on: June 08, 2012, 10:08:33 AM »
I tried to sign in to chat last night using the newest password sent to me but it did not work? this is the second time I have had trouble getting into chat :(

Offline Blue Highways

• Global Moderator
  • Book Nerd
    • View Profile
    • My Shop and Blog
« Reply #13 on: June 08, 2012, 10:18:29 AM »
I tried to sign in to chat last night using the newest password sent to me but it did not work? this is the second time I have had trouble getting into chat :(

Did you copy and paste or actually type in the new password? I think you have to type it in - that's the reason I think a couple of my customers that forgot their password, request a new one then copy and pastes it have problems. I think Andrew mentioned that you cannot paste it.....is this correct?

Offline Jhowarth

• Code Monkey of Lurve
    • View Profile
    • FnFHost
« Reply #14 on: June 08, 2012, 10:20:12 AM »
[

Would you do me a favor please and walk me through the process you use to get into the chat?  For example:

1. I log into my shop.
2. I click on "this link" etc..

Or are you trying to get to the chat through a bookmark or a link.  All the information you can get me in regards to this can help me figure out just what may be happening.