Author Topic: Yarn  (Read 2662 times)

Offline Blue Highways

• Global Moderator
  • Book Nerd
    • View Profile
    • My Shop and Blog
Yarn
« on: May 23, 2012, 08:32:13 AM »
Hey all, I see many of you are doing some beeeeutiful things with yarn and I thought I'd pass along a source for fabulously priced name brand yarn I've used often:
It's an online shop called Smileys Yarns they also have a B & M store in Jamaica NY if you're ever in the neighborhood, Trudy often runs in store only sales.
I hope I have this in the right category  :o 

ETA: I just saw she has a $50 minimum order now...still, if you are a fiber artist you will get a TON for 50 bones

Offline Larissa

• Reef Botanicals
  • Global Moderator
  • Act well your part, there all the honour lies.
    • View Profile
    • Reef Botanicals
Re: Yarn
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2012, 08:54:14 AM »
Thanks for the info!  E's family lives in Queens, so it's not hard for me to get to at all.

Offline YankeeBurrowCreations

• View Profile
    • Yankee Burrow
« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2012, 09:43:24 AM »
Wow, what great prices.   :-*
thanks so much for the link.  I for one, can never have enough yarn (or beads, or paint, or shoes, etc)  :laugh:
Debbi

Offline Blue Highways

• Global Moderator
  • Book Nerd
    • View Profile
    • My Shop and Blog
« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2012, 09:54:22 AM »
hehehee Debbi, we are all hoarders of one thing or another aren't we?

Larissa, be sure to check her hours, I think she is open only Fri & Sat unless she is having an in-store sale...and lucky you to be so close!

Offline MakinTheBest

• Administrator
  • Live everyday like you mean it!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2012, 01:53:16 PM »
thanks so much for the link.  I for one, can never have enough yarn (or beads, or paint, or shoes, etc)  :laugh:
Debbi

I don't know what you are talking about?!?  :-[   Me, hoard treasures?  Me, have extra odd and ends that will be something someday?  Never...

Well, at least that is what I tell myself, though my stash is why my boys have to share a room!

Offline CrochetHooked

• Supporter of all things Handmade
    • View Profile
    • CrochetHooked
« Reply #5 on: May 23, 2012, 03:12:41 PM »
Hey all, I see many of you are doing some beeeeutiful things with yarn and I thought I'd pass along a source for fabulously priced name brand yarn I've used often:
It's an online shop called Smileys Yarns they also have a B & M store in Jamaica NY if you're ever in the neighborhood, Trudy often runs in store only sales.
I hope I have this in the right category  :o 

ETA: I just saw she has a $50 minimum order now...still, if you are a fiber artist you will get a TON for 50 bones

:o :o :o :o  WOW! Now that’s what I call a sale  :o :o :o  Smileys Yarns here I come! Thank Andrea
Cari (CrochetHooked)

I have a desire to create, a passion for my craft, and maybe… just maybe I will inspire another.

About Me
My Shop
Website

myeuropeantouch

« Reply #6 on: May 25, 2012, 06:53:39 PM »
I cant buy all that yarn, someone wants to in with me on the 50 bucks and share

Offline Blue Highways

• Global Moderator
  • Book Nerd
    • View Profile
    • My Shop and Blog
« Reply #7 on: May 25, 2012, 06:59:07 PM »
LOL Good thinking Monika! I was going to suggest the same thing.

Hope you are feeling better  ^-^

Offline Larissa

• Reef Botanicals
  • Global Moderator
  • Act well your part, there all the honour lies.
    • View Profile
    • Reef Botanicals
« Reply #8 on: May 25, 2012, 07:23:06 PM »
Phenomenal idea!

Offline Dee38753

• Live life as if there was no tomorrow!
    • View Profile
    • Southern Country Creations
« Reply #9 on: May 25, 2012, 07:52:24 PM »
I would love to go in with someone and split the cost.

Offline lisianblue

• View Profile
    • lisianblue
« Reply #11 on: May 25, 2012, 08:44:30 PM »
Debbi

I don't know what you are talking about?!?  :-[   Me, hoard treasures?  Me, have extra odd and ends that will be something someday?  Never...

Well, at least that is what I tell myself, though my stash is why my boys have to share a room!
hehehe really? that's funny - the sharing the room part!

oh wow what great deals!  I just dropped about $60. on yarn not too long ago, so I think I have enough to keep me well supplied for a while, but I'm going to keep this in mind for the next time I'm on a yarn shopping spree! Oh, btw, the newest yarn is on top of 5 dresser drawers stashed pretty full, along with 3 large drawers in my plastic storage drawers!  I needed more variety though! like that excuse??hehehe
Thanks so much for posting this!!!
Kris 
"Art is not a handicraft, it is the transmission of feeling the artist has experienced."  Leo Tolstoy 

http://handmadeartists.com/shop/reflections
http://handmadeartistsshop.com/shop/lisianblue

http://twitter.com/lisianblue
http://lisianblue.blogspot.com

Offline MakinTheBest

• Administrator
  • Live everyday like you mean it!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 26, 2012, 06:25:00 AM »
Debbi

hehehe really? that's funny - the sharing the room part!

oh wow what great deals!  I just dropped about $60. on yarn not too long ago, so I think I have enough to keep me well supplied for a while, but I'm going to keep this in mind for the next time I'm on a yarn shopping spree! Oh, btw, the newest yarn is on top of 5 dresser drawers stashed pretty full, along with 3 large drawers in my plastic storage drawers!  I needed more variety though! like that excuse??hehehe
Thanks so much for posting this!!!

The boys share a room for a couple of reasons.  1. Our house is small (little rancher) but two of the three bedrooms are huge!  There really is plenty of room for both of them.  2. The third room now houses my washer and dryer AND there is a door to the outside which I didn't want either of my boys to have in their room.

Solution, they share one of the big rooms, with a temporary wall we built down the middle so they each have some privacy, and I get a craft room!