Author Topic: Shipping 1st class  (Read 1987 times)

Offline kpdreams

• View Profile
Shipping 1st class
« on: May 01, 2012, 10:21:49 PM »
I recently received an order, when I went to paypal to ship it as I do with my Etsy shop, it would not allow me, it only showed 'refund'.  I then went to USPS to ship it 1st class and it would not allow me to print a label online for 1st class. 

I am certain the jewelry designers on here use 1st class.  How do you do it?

Offline MakinTheBest

• Administrator
  • Live everyday like you mean it!
    • View Profile
Re: Shipping 1st class
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2012, 04:42:01 AM »
I'm not sure what the problem is since I ship first class all the time.  Was the payment completely cleared?  I know that I've had a few e-checks that had not cleared yet and PayPal wouldn't let me ship.

Offline kpdreams

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2012, 06:06:43 AM »
It shows payment type "Instant" and the payment type is completed, but where I usually go to print a label, the only option it gives me is "refund".  Not sure what that is about, but it won't allow me to print a label.

Offline Blue Highways

• Global Moderator
  • Book Nerd
    • View Profile
    • My Shop and Blog
« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2012, 06:29:13 AM »
For some reason sales from here only have the refund option. There is also no buyers address so a label wouldn't be able to be printed thru Paypal anyway. I can only suggest that you print one through the USPS site - I hand write mine and go to the post office to pay because mine are normally over the 13oz max. to drop in a box weight

Offline kpdreams

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 02, 2012, 06:42:52 AM »
I was trying to avoid the post office trip.  I have several packages the carrier is picking up, so wanted to send it with her.  Are they going to fix that so we can mail through paypal, as a lot of my shipments are 1st class, and really don't want to take time from my other work to go to post office

Offline Blue Highways

• Global Moderator
  • Book Nerd
    • View Profile
    • My Shop and Blog
« Reply #5 on: May 02, 2012, 06:47:56 AM »
I do not know, I hope so, did you try going thru USPS for your label? At least you can print from there and won't have to go to the PO

Offline MakinTheBest

• Administrator
  • Live everyday like you mean it!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 02, 2012, 08:29:03 AM »
Yes we will fix it!  I'll email Andrew right now, he is on the road today and I am working, so he can get with the developer.

Offline chainmaille

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 02, 2012, 08:39:17 AM »
On the list  8)

ohioartist

« Reply #8 on: May 09, 2012, 10:11:41 AM »
I believe that you can not ship anything 1st class through paypal anymore ..except through ebay. I had that same issue before..went to print 1st class shipping and nope it wouldnt do it. I talked to my post master and they said the same thing. It has something to do with the post office only wanting to ship flat rate so they can make more money.

If anyone has been able to ship 1st class through paypal that sells here please let me know cause if it works I can change my shipping from flat rate to 1st class