Author Topic: Time to get some more Highlights Going!!  (Read 32734 times)

hippiescreations

Re: Time to get some more Highlights Going!!
« Reply #15 on: May 08, 2012, 06:20:46 AM »
of course those rules should be selbstverstaendlich ( darn it know only the german word)
but i mean, in Etsy you cannot include your items, you should not post members twice,
and a couple of other things i cannot remember

off topic.. I am glad I am not the only one who has problems knowing the word in my first language but not my second language... sigh yea selbstverstaendlich is obvious :)

Offline sandalee

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 10, 2012, 08:05:14 PM »
How do you post highlights?  There are other things on the site that I'm interested in but can't find instructions.  Can't anyone point me to a site tuturial?  LOL

Offline sandalee

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 11, 2012, 05:12:02 AM »
Never mind!  I found it.

Offline chainmaille

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 30, 2012, 09:00:30 AM »
We added a section on IBH for posting Highlights from Handmade Artists http://itsbetterhandmade.com/category/ibh-handmade-artists-highlights/
So have at it. You have to do a screen shot of the highlight for now. We do not have a code yet for it but it is on the list.

MarilynKelleyArt

« Reply #19 on: July 03, 2012, 04:25:47 AM »
Why are some of the highlights on IBH smaller than others?

Offline chainmaille

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 03, 2012, 07:38:38 AM »
Because you have to take a screen shot and crop it, some people have larger screens than others.

MarilynKelleyArt

« Reply #21 on: July 03, 2012, 08:15:04 AM »
Gotcha!

Offline RDHwirework

• View Profile
    • RDH wirework
« Reply #22 on: July 27, 2012, 07:04:46 PM »
I did get busy and forgot about highlights  :-[  But I'm making one right now! One thing I'm curious on and I can't remember if I saw anywhere is keywords. How critical are they? Should we be aiming for a certain number of keywords on average? Some that aren't so familiar with highlights might like to know too.

Also, and this could just be something to do with the way my computer is displaying the page, but when I create a highlight it asks for a description and when I view a highlight I don't see a description. Is this simply for indexing purposes or do I need to change a setting?

This seems to be Etsy's rules:
  • You may not use a Treasury list or comments to reference a specific member, shop or item in a negative way.
  • You may not knowingly harass or abuse another member in Treasury comments.
  • A Treasury list containing mature content or featuring mature content item listings must be tagged "mature" by the curator.
  • A Treasury list's title may not contain profane, racist or mature content.
Seems fair to me, I would hope that one of our members did not use the highlights to be mean to someone.

Does seem fair.  Also seems like common sense.  I can't see any of ours needing to be instructed not to be mean or racist.  At least not at this stage.

Hmm, those first two points sound suspiciously worded in a way that could actually be twisted to protect resellers and punish the handmade that make and comment on the spoof treasuries. Or maybe I'm extra cynical tonight.

Offline chainmaille

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 27, 2012, 07:08:09 PM »
You know we will not allow any resellers LOL

To answer your other questions your description will become your meta description in the search engines and you should use around 10 key words.
Hope that helps.

Offline RDHwirework

• View Profile
    • RDH wirework
« Reply #24 on: July 27, 2012, 07:31:55 PM »
I am not worried about that at all here! But there...

Thank you so much! I know I should know that but it seems like I'm forgetting things easier lately.

Hmm, a blog about keywords would be an interesting topic.

Offline beadthing

• Whatever you are be a good one. ~Abraham Lincoln
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 05, 2012, 11:28:32 AM »
Is there a way that I have not figured out yet to create highlights by saving certain products/pieces to a favorite list or something.  I am having hard time keeping up with writing down the urls for the pieces then when I go to do a highlight I have no idea what I am supposed to put there.  LOL maybe just my age catching up with me but could someone help.

Offline chainmaille

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 05, 2012, 12:06:52 PM »
All you have to do is copy and paste the url into the highlight, so it is best to work in multiple tabs.

Offline beadthing

• Whatever you are be a good one. ~Abraham Lincoln
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 05, 2012, 04:39:00 PM »

Ok, maybe I'm just slow, but I have never had so much trouble making a collection/treasury/highlight before. 

When I copy the image location into the little box there, all I get is a little note where the photo should be saying product already exists,

what am I not doing correctly.

Offline chainmaille

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 05, 2012, 05:04:45 PM »

Ok, maybe I'm just slow, but I have never had so much trouble making a collection/treasury/highlight before. 

When I copy the image location into the little box there, all I get is a little note where the photo should be saying product already exists,

what am I not doing correctly.

Copy and past the product url from the top address bar, not the image url. It will automatically pull the image in. :D