Author Topic: Special characters not allowed in listing titles  (Read 1548 times)

Offline RiverRockArts

• View Profile
Special characters not allowed in listing titles
« on: April 20, 2012, 05:17:42 AM »
Is it possible to allow special characters like hyphens and punctuation marks in the listing titles?  It would be a great help not to have the words run together that should have commas between them or use hyphens to separate parts of the title.  It would make the titles much easier to read for buyers.

Offline Larissa

• Reef Botanicals
  • Global Moderator
  • Act well your part, there all the honour lies.
    • View Profile
    • Reef Botanicals
Re: Special characters not allowed in listing titles
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2012, 06:50:23 AM »
That was discussed and explained here:  http://handmadeartists.com/forum/index.php/topic,6951.0.html when I brought it up recently myself.

Really, shop issues are discussed in the HAFshop section rather than Site Support, so if anyone has any issues or questions about the shop, you should check there to see if there's info on it.

Offline RiverRockArts

• View Profile
Re: Special characters not allowed in listing titles
« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2012, 07:54:26 PM »
I read the thread you mentioned.  It seems we will have to figure out a better way for the titles so that they are understandable.  I put the main key words first then color, etc. afterward for SEO purposes.  I don't know how it would pick up if I put it in correct order grammatically.