Author Topic: Creating listings...I can't!  (Read 3259 times)

FischerFineArts

Creating listings...I can't!
« on: April 19, 2012, 04:06:26 PM »
I know this was posted before, but I'm still unable to post any new listings. http://handmadeartists.com/forum/index.php/topic,6977.0.html

I go into the create new listing, but when I click on the final post, it takes me back to where nothing I had before was saved. Let me know if you need me to recreate this scenario for a better diagnosis.

Offline Larissa

• Reef Botanicals
  • Global Moderator
  • Act well your part, there all the honour lies.
    • View Profile
    • Reef Botanicals
Re: Creating listings...I can't!
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2012, 04:40:09 PM »
What web browser are you using?  I had trouble doing listings in IE, but have no issues in Chrome or Firefox.

FischerFineArts

« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2012, 04:54:54 PM »
I use chrome, but can also use Firefox. I don't use IE at all.

Offline Larissa

• Reef Botanicals
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Reef Botanicals
« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2012, 05:04:21 PM »
Try Firefox just to see.  Beyond that, Andrew needs to see if there's an issue with the site.  Just for kicks, I'll list something now too.  Using Firefox.

Offline Larissa

• Reef Botanicals
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Reef Botanicals
« Reply #4 on: April 19, 2012, 05:12:50 PM »
Yup, worked for me in Firefox.

FischerFineArts

« Reply #5 on: April 19, 2012, 05:49:57 PM »
It worked then in Firefox for me, but Chrome does not work at all....now I have to go back and fix the tags and such on this, but I'm glad it finally worked! Thank you so much!

Offline chainmaille

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 19, 2012, 05:58:41 PM »
Glad it worked, never had an issue with chrome though. I thought it might be your image size, that is usually the only thing that will make a listing stall like that.

FischerFineArts

« Reply #7 on: April 19, 2012, 06:07:26 PM »
No, used the identical things to do this, but Chrome wouldn't take, but Firefox did:http://handmadeartists.com/product-details/Art/Painting/Steampunk%20Rabbit%20Fine%20Art%20Print/?pid=20120419184800a6f75

Image size shouldn't be an issue there, used the same on both. Andrew, would you like me to test a few things out, using the same for both browsers? I don't mind...

Offline chainmaille

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 19, 2012, 06:09:26 PM »
I'll never turn down help! LOL
Funny but chrome has never given issues before so, I was surprised to hear that.

FischerFineArts

« Reply #9 on: April 19, 2012, 06:18:10 PM »
Well, it is, and I'm not using anything diferent either in trying to make the listings. If you want me to beat it up, I will.

Chrome lets me get to the final point of posting, then it just puts me back at my shop stuff. I get no warnings that photo sizes may be wrong (which they can't be, if FF can do them), nothing.

Offline chainmaille

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 19, 2012, 06:36:43 PM »
I just listed this one with chrome http://handmadeartists.com/product-details/Chainmaille/Necklaces/Copper%20Chainmaille%20Byzantine%20Necklace/?pid=2012041919333509a6f no issues. Weird, do you have the most current version of chrome?. Very strange.. perplexed, anyone else having issues with chrome?
Thanks for the help FischerFineArts

FischerFineArts

« Reply #11 on: April 19, 2012, 06:50:20 PM »
I had an update for chrome yesterday, plus I also got the latest for Adobe flash and such. Not long ago, there was also an update for Firefox, which I also did. I try to stay on top of these.

Love the chain you made, btw! Totally awesome! My rabbit should be wearing such a thing, hehe...

Well, I will beat up Chrome some more, but not sure what to tell you other than right now, it won't work for me.

Offline chainmaille

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 19, 2012, 07:08:04 PM »
hmmm, but I can't find where to put my "signature".
Debbi
Debbie go here http://handmadeartists.com/forum/index.php?action=profile;area=forumprofile;u=5263 to your forum profile and you can add your signature.

I had an update for chrome yesterday, plus I also got the latest for Adobe flash and such. Not long ago, there was also an update for Firefox, which I also did. I try to stay on top of these.

Love the chain you made, btw! Totally awesome! My rabbit should be wearing such a thing, hehe...

Well, I will beat up Chrome some more, but not sure what to tell you other than right now, it won't work for me.
Could be the update, I did not do a recent update. I'll test later, I do not have the time right now. Thanks so much for the help, like I said, I'll never turn down any help.