Author Topic: Considering Some Major Changes to all the Sites  (Read 24039 times)

Offline chainmaille

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Considering Some Major Changes to all the Sites
« Reply #90 on: February 24, 2012, 02:10:24 PM »
Thanks for the update....  I think! :o
:evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

???  Huh?  :o

(just teasing… got it… loud and clear… thanks ;D )
:evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

Offline CrochetHooked

• Supporter of all things Handmade
    • View Profile
    • CrochetHooked
« Reply #91 on: February 24, 2012, 02:14:28 PM »
 :evil: :evil: That’s Right! :evil: :evil:
Cari (CrochetHooked)

I have a desire to create, a passion for my craft, and maybe… just maybe I will inspire another.

About Me
My Shop
Website

Offline chainmaille

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: February 29, 2012, 08:54:40 PM »
Here's a peak, first draft of the new forum theme. Not done but close!!

Offline iKnitQuiltSew

• Global Moderator
  • ...one stitch at a time!
    • View Profile
    • i Knit Quilt Sew
« Reply #93 on: February 29, 2012, 10:02:23 PM »
I like it!

Offline CrochetHooked

• View Profile
    • CrochetHooked
Cari (CrochetHooked)

I have a desire to create, a passion for my craft, and maybe… just maybe I will inspire another.

About Me
My Shop
Website

Offline chainmaille

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: March 01, 2012, 02:38:46 PM »
Tentative forum move is Scheduled for this Saturday afternoon around 3pm EST if all goes well. Our themer is making some tweaks and will hopefully upload it to the new forum later today or in the am. We need to to some testing but if all is well. The forum should move Saturday.
Reminder
If you are using a different email address on the shop than on the forum you should change your email address on the forum to match the
shop.

If you don't do this you will have two accounts. I personally don't care how many accounts you have but it will be a pain in the butt for you.
We will touch on any manual account changes after the merge if needed.
I will send out a newsletter prior to the move and will most likely put the forum down for maintenance during the move so no posts are lost.

Few things the new forum will not have:
The Link Directory will be gone.
Ads will be Gone
Featured Member Ads will be Gone
Chat will be gone, hopefully just a week or two, building a custom one.

Once we move everything, I'm sure we'll need to tweak some things so patience would be appreciated. I'll start a post on the new forum for bugs or tweaks.

Here's to the future......... It will be good........... when this is all over..........I'm sleeping for a month!!! :-\

Offline chainmaille

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: March 04, 2012, 08:43:37 PM »
Ok, it looks like stage two is done. Ironing out the bugs but the forum is officially moved. There is a support thread for forum bugs here http://handmadeartists.com/forum/index.php/topic,6709.0.html
The next and last step is to merge the blog http://handmadeartistsforum.com to http://handmadeartists.com/blog
That should be easy I hope but the way things are going who knows. Nothing seems to go completely smooth with this stuff.
As far as the chat goes there is none right now, our developers are working on a chat module now and will hopefully have one done within a week or two. So the weekly chat may not happen this week.
We have many other site changes on the list but the huge site merge is almost complete, we'll keep you posted.

Offline Larissa

• Reef Botanicals
  • Global Moderator
  • Act well your part, there all the honour lies.
    • View Profile
    • Reef Botanicals
« Reply #97 on: March 04, 2012, 09:34:59 PM »
Thanks so much for making everything so beautiful and clean, for creating this joint in the first place, and for spending all this time dedicated to handmade - the free ads you hosted, the free forum, the inexpensive and awesome shop, and just everything.

Offline lisianblue

• View Profile
    • lisianblue
« Reply #98 on: March 05, 2012, 03:33:04 PM »
You two are so awesome! 
Kris 
"Art is not a handicraft, it is the transmission of feeling the artist has experienced."  Leo Tolstoy 

http://handmadeartists.com/shop/reflections
http://handmadeartistsshop.com/shop/lisianblue

http://twitter.com/lisianblue
http://lisianblue.blogspot.com

Offline chainmaille

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: March 05, 2012, 04:17:15 PM »
Thanks Lisian!

Just so everyone knows the blog has been moved now as well. Unfortunately I'm having issues with the redirects. The main page redirects but the inner pages do not. We have our host looking at it as well.
The only issue with moving the blog is now I have to go through and tweak 300 posts!
Not good, but I'm getting through. All the info has been moved, everything is there, just needs a little tweaking.
So I'm grateful for that.
I'll keep everyone posted as we go.

Offline CrochetHooked

• View Profile
    • CrochetHooked
« Reply #100 on: March 05, 2012, 11:38:40 PM »
Thanks so much for making everything so beautiful and clean, for creating this joint in the first place, and for spending all this time dedicated to handmade - the free ads you hosted, the free forum, the inexpensive and awesome shop, and just everything.

DITTO!  ;D  X2  ;D
Cari (CrochetHooked)

About Me
My Shop
Website

Offline chainmaille

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: March 06, 2012, 07:19:43 AM »
You guys are too sweet

Offline chainmaille

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: March 09, 2012, 03:07:42 PM »
Quick update.
I finally got all the redirects from the old blog switched over to the new blog. So we are officially moved and 100% redirected. Handmadeartistsforum.com and handmadeartistsshop.com are gone!. Well not gone they are still sitting on the server telling all the people clicking old links where to go.
Now saying that, any links that you have to the old forum and shop should be changed when you get a chance. No rush, but as you run across them just change them if you don't mind.

Update on the chat module, we are hopefully testing on Monday, it is much nicer than the old one, so I'm excited. Hopefully it integrates well with the site.

Offline chainmaille

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: March 14, 2012, 06:36:10 PM »
Well still waiting for our chat module! Tomorrows chat is still pending we'll see if they pull a rabbit out of their hat or not.
We did add some social networking buttons after each post. To see open up a post and scroll to the bottom of the first post in the thread and you'll see the buttons. I think the pinit button needs tweaking, let me know id you can get it to work right, Having issues with it on my end. Anyway the buttons are there to use so hopefully everyone will have fun with that and make sharing easier for you. Thanks

Offline chainmaille

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: March 15, 2012, 06:20:01 AM »
The buttons are under the first post on each thread. So if your reading this, hit page 1 of this thread and look under the first post