Author Topic: READ THIS BEFORE YOU POST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  (Read 44567 times)

Offline chainmaille

• Administrator
    • View Profile
READ THIS BEFORE YOU POST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
« on: March 06, 2012, 07:29:40 PM »
Please remember that all items posted in this board should be handmade and jewelry.
All posts in the gallery should have a picture! Please use tinypic and upload message board size.
Or use the attachment feature below, tinypic is preferable as it inserts in the post and is picked up easier by social networks like facebook.
Also please use a detailed title, not just latest listing, or new. I say this because I have tested automated tweets today and they work. They post the latest thread in this board, so title is important as it is used in the tweet.
Just as long as everyone follows these simple rules, I'll leave the automation on.
The only reason I ask for a good title is because if we are tweeting a whole bunch of "new" or "necklace" or other boring titles the tweets will be ineffective.
 Anyway I've been looking forward to automating tweets on the forum as I've been doing it manually for 3 years and I'm tired LOL, so please be respectful and all will be well.
Thanks Andrew
« Last Edit: March 06, 2012, 07:32:04 PM by Chainmaille By MBOI »

Offline fairiebaubles

• View Profile
Re: READ THIS BEFORE YOU POST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2012, 08:07:53 PM »
Hi, I'm confused! I don't know what tinypic is! I just listed a bracelet and checked on twitter and it hasn't come up, they always do so I'm really really confused. Please help.
Thanks,ana (fairiebaubles)

Offline chainmaille

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2012, 09:04:06 PM »
Ana this post is for this forum thread you are speaking of the shop. The shop automation is and has been on. Unfortunately items get skipped. The automation looks every 2 to 3 minutes for new items. If there are a lot of items going up, some items get skipped. That is the best I can explain it, it is the luck of the draw. We can not flood tweets on twitter or we would eventually get shut down I'm sure. So we have to be respectful. If your item gets skipped for some reason it is nothing personal, it is just the luck of the draw. I would suggest putting up a tweet yourself and mark it with the hashtag #HAF or #HAS or #HAFshop. We retweet a lot and many of our artists retweet a lot. But our promotion is the best we can do, so any supplementation by others is greatly appreciated.

Offline fairiebaubles

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2012, 10:03:17 PM »
Hi again, Thanks for the answer! It was just a coincidence, and freaked me out! retweet others work at least once a day, hoping to help others out.
Thanks again,
Ana

Offline trusk4u

• Handmade is always a journey of discovery!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2012, 09:54:44 AM »
I can totally understand this. After awhile, you don't even look at headlines like that. They get passed over for something more interesting. Besides, if you use the name of the product won't the post, tweet or whatever point back to the listing?

cyicrochet

« Reply #5 on: March 08, 2012, 06:07:13 PM »
My Thread Crochet And Designed 5 cluster spiral earrings

cyicrochet

« Reply #6 on: March 08, 2012, 06:09:28 PM »
My Thread Crocheted 5-Cluster Spiral Lever Back earrings

cyicrochet

« Reply #7 on: March 08, 2012, 06:10:00 PM »
yay it worked

Nancy Pace

« Reply #8 on: March 12, 2012, 10:03:29 AM »
Oh My!! wonderful!

FidelaTresori

« Reply #9 on: June 13, 2012, 12:34:15 AM »
I don't have a twitter account so I'm not at all literate when it comes to this.  What I'm taking away from this is that if we want an item to be tweeted, we add a new topic under this section with a title and a pic and it will be tweeted for us thru HAF, is that correct?  And because the urls are so long we need to use tiny pic?  Which size option should we pic when we go there or do we just leave it at default? (I've never used tinypic, either.)

Thanx for setting this up.  What a great tool. :)

Offline thepeasantpailfull

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 13, 2012, 11:43:36 PM »
It's pretty easy as far as tinypic goes...I never heard of it before but figured it out easy.

Offline lisianblue

• View Profile
    • lisianblue
« Reply #11 on: July 15, 2012, 05:48:48 AM »
I admit, this is the 1st time I've read this! Andrew that is awesome that the tweets are automated.  I also figured out the other morning that it's not such a good thing to list items in the middle of the night - although I did another one! I guess there are other people up all night that may see the tweets!  that said, I'm waiting till later to post what I was going to post here!
The tweets I've done for items in the shop I've used #HandmadeArtists should I also include #HAFshop?
« Last Edit: July 15, 2012, 06:02:35 AM by lisianblue »
Kris 
"Art is not a handicraft, it is the transmission of feeling the artist has experienced."  Leo Tolstoy 

http://handmadeartists.com/shop/reflections
http://handmadeartistsshop.com/shop/lisianblue

http://twitter.com/lisianblue
http://lisianblue.blogspot.com

Offline Uniqlets

• View Profile
    • Uniqlets, Jewelry by Lisa
« Reply #12 on: July 15, 2012, 08:26:23 AM »
That must be my problem, I do everything in the middle of the night.  I haven't started tweeting.  Just another thing on my list of things to learn.
I admit, this is the 1st time I've read this! Andrew that is awesome that the tweets are automated.  I also figured out the other morning that it's not such a good thing to list items in the middle of the night - although I did another one! I guess there are other people up all night that may see the tweets!  that said, I'm waiting till later to post what I was going to post here!
The tweets I've done for items in the shop I've used #HandmadeArtists should I also include #HAFshop?

Offline Uniqlets

• View Profile
    • Uniqlets, Jewelry by Lisa
« Reply #13 on: December 19, 2012, 01:16:25 AM »
It's lovely, the post is fine except, in the section gallery, under jewelry start a new topic with the topic subject being a description of the piece you are posting, not simply new work, helps with promotion.

FleurDeLee

« Reply #14 on: March 03, 2013, 05:06:47 PM »
So, what is tinypic and where do I find it?