Author Topic: Amazing Packaging!  (Read 2254 times)

Offline MakinTheBest

• Administrator
  • Live everyday like you mean it!
    • View Profile
Amazing Packaging!
« on: November 07, 2011, 12:48:07 PM »
I meant to post this earlier but life gets going and everything gets lost.  I firmly believe that the presentation is just as important as the product when selling handmade.  The packaging adds to the uniqueness of handmade that you will never get from a large retailer. 
That being said, I bought a journal from one of our amazing vendors recently, Blue Highways, and am thrilled with not only the product, but the packaging!  When I opened the box there was a beautiful package wrapped in old...I mean like 1960's newspaper comics and a brown polka dot bow along with a gift tag and postcard.  Funny that I spent so much time just admiring the wrapping, but what it did was make my purchase that much more special!

Moral of the story...take time with your presentation and it will make an impact on your customers.  They will remember you and they will be back!

Offline LisaE

• View Profile
    • Uniqlets, Jewelry by Lisa
Re: Amazing Packaging!
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2011, 06:26:15 PM »
It's also nice that the packaging is mostly recycled materials instead of adding to the waste stream.

Offline Blue Highways

• Global Moderator
  • Book Nerd
    • View Profile
    • My Shop and Blog
« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2011, 07:05:25 PM »
I have to laugh, when I saw the title of this thread I was super interested in reading it because I try to send my packages off nicely and I like seeing other peoples ideas...I clicked and did a double take - this was mine!
The newspaper has a little bit of a story behind it, I am a hospice volunteer and I have a 92 year old patient I've been visiting for 2 years (a record for me since it is hospice after all), anyway, she had a huge stack of old papers she's been hanging on to and she asked me if I'd be interested in taking them. Initially I was going to read them and do my best to toss them - well, after spending nearly a whole afternoon reading them from cover to cover I couldn't bear to chuck them into the trash; now I was the hoarder of old newspapers. One day I was packing up an order and was looking for something nice to wrap a book to ship in I spotted "the stack" and began using them ever since...I don't think I'll be using the ones of the Kennedy assassination though - I'll let my kids figure out what to do with those when I kick off  ;)

Offline MakinTheBest

• Administrator
  • Live everyday like you mean it!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2011, 09:24:27 PM »
Love the story!  I really had to do a double take when i saw the cartoons...I was trying to figure out what paper still printed those!  Well, in addition to an amazing journal that I LOVE I sat an read the paper just to see what was happening in 1965!

Offline Larissa

• Reef Botanicals
  • Global Moderator
  • Act well your part, there all the honour lies.
    • View Profile
    • Reef Botanicals
« Reply #4 on: November 09, 2011, 08:51:33 AM »
That's great!

Offline chainmaille

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 10, 2011, 09:09:40 AM »
Kimberly was smiling ear to ear unwrapping it :D

Offline MichaelaJewelry

• View Profile
    • Michaela Jewelry by Design
« Reply #6 on: November 10, 2011, 12:04:57 PM »
What an amazing story!!!! LOVE it!

Offline trusk4u

• Handmade is always a journey of discovery!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 10, 2011, 12:54:26 PM »
That is a great story!  Hmm, 1965- I was 8. Don't remember all that much. ;D