Author Topic: copper solder  (Read 8450 times)

Offline Icon jewelleryuk

• hand made wire jewellery
    • View Profile
    • Icon jewelleryUK
copper solder
« on: September 21, 2011, 08:50:52 PM »
Hi all, I am in the UK and I am searching for copper coloured solder wire and cannot seem to find it even online.
I dont mind buying it from the USA if I have too.
Can anyone tell me where online I can get it from?

I need it to solder copper wire to copper sheet but I want the solder to be copper coloured and not silver like normal solder is.

Thanks very much for any help you can give. :)

Offline MichaelaJewelry

• View Profile
    • Michaela Jewelry by Design
Re: copper solder
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2011, 04:16:11 PM »
Hi there,

Have you tried Etsy?  I did a search on Etsy here in the States and there are a few shops selling it - this is one of them - http://www.etsy.com/listing/78485202/copper-solder-wire-hard-10-foot-coil?ref=sr_gallery_1&ga_search_query=copper+soldering+wire&ga_order=most_relevant&ga_ship_to=US&ga_view_type=gallery&ga_search_type=supplies&ga_facet=supplies.  It's $2.50 for a 10 foot coil 20 gauge and $5 shipping to the UK. Not sure if it's what you're looking for and/or if it's a good price but thought I'd let you know anyway. I've never shopped with HodgePodgerie before but they've got 100% feedback from other customers.  Hope this helps or at least gives you another direction to search.

Margaret

Offline Icon jewelleryuk

• hand made wire jewellery
    • View Profile
    • Icon jewelleryUK
« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2011, 04:27:40 PM »
Thankyou Margaret, thats just what I was looking for.. :)

Offline JennCraft

• Thank you for visiting my page!
    • View Profile
    • ImproveCraft.com
« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2019, 07:14:58 AM »
MichaelaJewelry, Thank you for telling you, I also need it, but according to the link that you sent, the product is not available, please tell me the alternative?

Offline Nárrína

• Handmaden Designs LLC
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Handmaden Designs LLC
« Reply #4 on: June 05, 2019, 05:05:45 PM »
If the copper solder doesn't work for you, another thing you can do is use silver solder and then put the piece in a contaminated pickle solution. It causes a reaction that will copper plate the solder.