Author Topic: Suggestions  (Read 51542 times)

ArmoredHearts

Re: Suggestions
« Reply #30 on: May 23, 2009, 09:29:25 PM »
I have a suggestion.  I don't know if I'm just not seeing well, but I often read a post and cannot find a name of the author.  If people could just put their name at the bottom?  I don't know.  Maybe it doesn't matter to people, or if I'm missing it somehow.  I just like to know who I'm addressing.
Kim
(see? like that)  ;D

I forget to do that a lot. I did, however add my name to my Signature, like Mrs. MBOI did... Good idea. Scrolling and scanning to find the person's name or at least their 'nickname' when posting can take a while.

Offline Lanee

• "Only a life lived for others is a life worthwhile
    • View Profile
    • My Studio
« Reply #32 on: July 29, 2009, 05:53:30 PM »
Hey - i don't know if this has been suggested yet, but..

I'd like to suggest that rather than using the board to promote a featured member per day or week, that we could use a hash tag on twitter.

All members could seach something like #HAF and use that tag when mentioning a fellow member's work or what not.

With all the links in every one's signature, sometimes i'm not really sure what i'm reading or where it may lead to here.
(this may be because I'm a night owl/browser) but i think this is a good idea =-)
Feel free to visit my blog http://crochetlanee.blogspot.com
=-)
as well as http://laneescrochet.artfire.com
and http://laneescrochet.etsy.com
I've also got a FB fanpage! Lanee's Crochet's fanpage>

Offline chainmaille

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: July 29, 2009, 06:34:27 PM »
The featured members are done on the blog but tweeting them is a great idea. I tweet every featured member. The HAF Etsy Team usally uses HAFteam as a tag. Hope that helps.

seedlingsjewelry

« Reply #34 on: August 19, 2009, 10:43:53 AM »
Do we have say a shameless self promotion area? I typically don't post a lot of listings but sometimes I would like to post that I was featured on somebody's blog etc. and haven't been very sure where to do that. Thanks!

Offline chainmaille

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: August 19, 2009, 11:40:13 AM »
I think general discussion would be fine unless everyone wants a shameless plug area.

Offline chainmaille

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: December 25, 2009, 09:31:21 PM »
This is what I feel is an important suggestion for HAFTeam members!  Now that Twitter has Groups, I have listed HAFTeam in my short Bio on my twitter page!  I would LOVE to be able to figure-out which of my twitter friends are HAFTeam members So I could create a HAFTeam list!  I have google alerts & when you have a twitter GROUP, every post made by a member of a specific group, is picked-up by Google!  The twitter user's name AND the name of the twitter GROUP! This could be a GREAT thing for all members to gain exposure thru Google!   My twitter ID is "ArtistryJewelry"

Suzzie's got a list here http://handmadeartistsforum.com/forum/index.php/topic,2095.0.html

Offline raedawn

• me at the beach, off the coast of Massachusetts
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: February 03, 2010, 01:37:27 PM »
Hi Andrew ~ I read all about the feeds and the turning off and on, and I still don't quite get it. But I have a question. Is the stuff you're talking about only applicable to people who have a shop, or is it applicable if you've joined as a member? Thanks ~ Linda

Offline chainmaille

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: February 03, 2010, 01:47:22 PM »
Hi Andrew ~ I read all about the feeds and the turning off and on, and I still don't quite get it. But I have a question. Is the stuff you're talking about only applicable to people who have a shop, or is it applicable if you've joined as a member? Thanks ~ Linda

Could you be more specific, I don't understand your question.
Thanks

Offline raedawn

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: February 03, 2010, 01:50:07 PM »
My question is do the RSS feeds and the turning of things on and off apply only to people with shops? I do notice that I have a minimal profile I can add to. I'm planning to open a shop, but wanted to read more of what's been posted and do some posting myself first. So far, I love it! (Raedawn)

Offline chainmaille

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: February 03, 2010, 01:54:46 PM »
The feeds are the orange blocks next to each board on the forum. That's all, you can use those feeds on a blog or something like that to display content.

Offline raedawn

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: February 03, 2010, 01:59:12 PM »
What does each board on the forum? Is that the posting forum? Sorry, but I am definitely not tech savvy when it comes to this stuff ~ Raedawn  P.S. I won't ask any more questions right now. Don't want to drive anyone nuts.

Offline chainmaille

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: February 03, 2010, 02:32:12 PM »
Don't worry your not driving anyone nuts. If you look at the front page you will see an orange icon next to each post. that is the RSS feed.

Offline speranzajewelry

• View Profile
    • Speranza Jewelry
« Reply #43 on: February 03, 2010, 10:20:42 PM »
Andrew, thanks...the RSS feed subscription is a great thing!

Offline iKnitQuiltSew

• Global Moderator
  • ...one stitch at a time!
    • View Profile
    • i Knit Quilt Sew
« Reply #44 on: March 17, 2011, 09:26:44 PM »
With the  new shop coming, could we have a WISH LIST thread here in the forum?  A place where buyers and artists/sellers could connect?  It might be a great way for different facets of this community to relate to each other.