Author Topic: Suggestions  (Read 37096 times)

Offline VibrantShadows

• Jordan Schwartz - Vibrant Shadows Paper Art
    • View Profile
    • Vibrant Shadows Paper Art by Jordan Schwartz
Re: Suggestions
« Reply #105 on: February 23, 2013, 12:13:37 PM »
So, unless this already exists and I can't find it...

How about a link to our shops from our profile? Like when I click on someone's name in the forums, I can only click through to their shop if they have specifically posted it there, and many haven't.  ^-^

Offline chainmaille

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: February 23, 2013, 03:38:31 PM »
We might be able to get something like that worked out.
Just so you know this is an smf forum, the software is much better than you see on other sites (not to mention names)
So we integrated smf into the site, so what gets weird is you have multiple profiles.
What I'm thinking is when we build the new version the shop that we integrate the other way.
Right now there are two pm systems, instead of one, one on the forum, and one on the shop.
The forum one is honestly better. So instead of building another pm system I'm thinking we just link back to the forum one.
Anyway better integration is our goal.

Offline Beth

• View Profile
« Reply #107 on: March 06, 2013, 06:59:18 PM »
Just a grammatically correct idea:

I had my first order this morning and on the Order Details, it has Congratulation...not Congratulations...maybe you could fix that....sorry, my Mother was an English and Typing teacher and my Father a lawyer...grew up with big words and grammar corrections on a daily basis...LOL

I know my customer had a devil of a time trying to order from my site.  She was using Firefox.  She finally switched to IE and was able to get it paid for.

Also, don't know if she put in 2 separate orders or not, but I ended up with two emails, with one item per email.  The total PayPal was all in one.  Just wondering if that is common practice to send out one email per item transaction?

She also noticed that the shopping cart disappears when you're in the forums.  She was trying to find help.  Why does the cart vanish?

Ok, enough from me.

Thanks.

Offline armartin98

• View Profile
« Reply #108 on: July 01, 2015, 07:31:39 AM »
A suggestion: When I first signed on it says "username" I didn't know it meant, the name of your shop. When I went to change it I got this from you "Unfortunately no, your user name is yours from the start. Sorry, but this is pretty standard practice across the net."

Yes, I know it's common but it's also common to have a username name and a display name separately. Now I have a username as my shop name.  :P

Offline chainmaille

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: July 02, 2015, 08:09:58 AM »
You can display a different name on your shop

Offline armartin98

• View Profile
« Reply #110 on: July 03, 2015, 08:42:36 AM »
Yes, I added my business name to the top. Just a suggestion.