Author Topic: Board Etiquette  (Read 10623 times)

Offline MakinTheBest

• Administrator
  • Live everyday like you mean it!
    • View Profile
Board Etiquette
« on: June 29, 2009, 09:40:39 AM »
I just wanted to post a gentile reminder of how Mr. MBOI and I expect people to behave when posting on the forum...

Please remember that there is a living, breathing, feeling person behind the avatars.  Sometimes we say things from the safety of our computers that we would NEVER say in person.  Critiques are great; tactful criticism can help us all grow and improve our crafts!  I, for one, appreciate both positive and negative suggestions and look at it as a way to grow.  We all learn from each other and value the opinions of other artists, but remember to say what you mean respectfully.  Hurt feelings will bring this forum down, and that is not what we are after.

While I am happy overall with the decorum of the members of the HAF forum, I felt it was necessary to remind all members that it is made up of passionate people that put a piece of themselves into every work of art.  Putting yourself out there for the world to see is not easy sometimes, and we have to respect the work even if you do not care for the work.

Offline Dragonclaw

• DRAGONCLAW STUDIOS free-form, organic wearable art
    • View Profile
    • DRAGONCLAW STUDIOS
Re: Board Etiquette
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2009, 10:04:36 AM »
Amen to that!!

Offline lisianblue

• View Profile
    • lisianblue
« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2009, 08:31:55 PM »
I know there are times I have mentioned that an item isn't necessarily my cup of tea - but I can certainly appreciate the skill, the time and energy that goes into it - the item just may not apeal to me - I don't find "punk" stuff appealling - I'm an old lady - well not that old ( lo) - I love steampunk - most of it - I think chainmaille is just incredible - I don't especially like most of the colored ones - but it's still cool!~ so I hope people aren't taking that the wrong way!

So yeah - hopefully we can all play nicely together!  :)
Kris 
"Art is not a handicraft, it is the transmission of feeling the artist has experienced."  Leo Tolstoy 

http://handmadeartists.com/shop/reflections
http://handmadeartistsshop.com/shop/lisianblue

http://twitter.com/lisianblue
http://lisianblue.blogspot.com

Offline MakinTheBest

• Administrator
  • Live everyday like you mean it!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2009, 06:44:07 AM »
I don't want people to stop giving their opinions; it would be a painfully colorless world if we all liked the same thing!  I was just reminding everyone as our little HAF family gets larger by the day that we all view the world/art/color differently and that respect is a must have here.  I have watched too many groups and boards go belly up thanks to infighting and insults and do not want to see that happen here.  As long as you are respectful in your posting then there is never a problem with giving it.

Thanks again to all of those that are helping us keep this movement alive!

Offline MsMartyD

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 22, 2015, 05:33:49 PM »
I am continually reminded of what my  sister (now gone from the earth but still in my heart)   used to say to me.....  " Marty,  knitting and crochet go one stitch at a time!"  For that reason I appreciate ALL the  work here....   My  new motto (in hillbilly, of course)  " If it's made by hand it ain't  made easy!"
I  am so grateful to you,  Andrew and Kimberly,  for all you do to promote handmade.
www.handmadeartists.com/shop/MsMartyD
www.etsy.com
www.shophandmade.com

"She seeks wool and flax and works willingly with her hands. She sees that her merchandise is good...."Prov 31:13 & 18

Offline trusk4u

• Handmade is always a journey of discovery!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 24, 2015, 03:27:43 PM »
I was just re-reading this thread and it is a good reminder that we should always be respectful of other peoples craft whether we like it or not. Being mean and hurtful is just that, mean and hurtful.