Author Topic: Suggestions  (Read 30679 times)

Offline chainmaille

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Suggestions
« on: April 15, 2009, 02:40:10 PM »
Post any of your suggestions or needs here so that we can continue to provide for the group.

Offline youvegotmaille

• View Profile
    • You've Got Maille
Re: Suggestions
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2009, 07:58:00 PM »
Is there a way to put new messages on an RSS feed or something?  Just trying to figure out if there's a way to gently remind people to visit ;)

Offline chainmaille

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2009, 08:12:12 PM »
I'm checking into a feed now, good idea

Offline chainmaille

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2009, 08:22:10 PM »
You asked for it you got it!
Now next to each board there is a RSS symbol where you can subscribe to the feed.
Also if you go to your profile you can subscribe to email notifications so that you can watch posts and replies that you involved in.
Enjoy

maillemystique

« Reply #4 on: April 15, 2009, 08:45:13 PM »
Would someone explain RSS feed to me please?

Offline chainmaille

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 15, 2009, 08:55:26 PM »
Would someone explain RSS feed to me please?

Hey Deb great to see you here.
Basically a feed is a list of all the action.
If you go to the oange symbol next to each board on the main page and click on it you will see a feed or list of all the posts if you subscribe to it you can have it go to your google reader if you choose so that you can keep up with multiple feeds. You can use google reader to follow feeds from multiple places and have it all go to one place.
Just click it and try it out.

IcedAdornments

« Reply #6 on: April 22, 2009, 09:01:23 AM »
Ya know.. I think a Help! section would be awesome. Someplace where we could post 'Help! I'm stuck.' or "Help! How do you...?' You get the idea. Since I tend say 'Help!' so often and I hope I'm not alone. lol

Offline Haffina

• Just a little bit crazy
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • HaffinaCreations
« Reply #7 on: April 23, 2009, 09:32:51 AM »
I dont know if this is the right place to put this, but my boss on the SMF forum I admin on is a coder who does themes. If you want I could ask her to do this forum a theme.. probably for free. This is her theme website  - http://tcc.theacforum.com/index.php. There is also a site that does free themes specifically for SMF forums - http://www.smfthemes.org/index.php?theme=42

Offline chainmaille

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 23, 2009, 10:08:42 AM »
This is as good of place as any. I've looked at many custom themes and there are some pretty cool ones out there. My only problem is I'm not a coder and I've noticed many mods don't work with the themes that come with the standard package. Most of them is probably a simple fix but I'm not qualified. Anyway if your boss wants to do something that's fine It's just got to be simple or come with some sort of support. I know the theme we are using is pretty bland but it works for now. We can discuss this further I'm up to try anything new I just don't want to break something that is working and cause a whole bunch of headaches.

Jeanne

« Reply #9 on: May 01, 2009, 01:47:57 PM »
Have you given any thought to posting tutorials?  Especially free ones?  I know that there are alot of good ones on the web, but maybe we could at least post links to our favorites.

Just thinking out loud, wishing I could chainmaille like some people,
Jeanne

Offline chainmaille

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 01, 2009, 01:52:37 PM »
Start a thread Jeanne and people will post its a great idea

Offline Manic Butterfly

• View Profile
    • Manic Butterfly Jewels
« Reply #11 on: May 03, 2009, 03:55:04 AM »
I have to say the 'simple' look of this forum is part of why I'm enjoying spending time here-it's easy on the eyes, without all the extra junk that usually accompanies other sites. I find it easy to navigate, post responses, and generally just look around at everything there is, without getting confused by all the usual distracting stuff you see on most sites. They say blue has a calming effect-maybe that's what keeps me coming back here!! lol :P

I say, keep it simple, keep it real! :D

Offline chainmaille

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 03, 2009, 07:56:03 PM »
Personal messages... check your personal message options and if you so choose check the box to receive email notifications and/or a pop up notification. This is under your profile. I think a lot of members aren't seeing there PM's as these options are not default.
Thanks.

Offline Dragonclaw

• DRAGONCLAW STUDIOS free-form, organic wearable art
    • View Profile
    • DRAGONCLAW STUDIOS
« Reply #13 on: May 04, 2009, 04:34:21 PM »
Personal messages? Am I missing something?

Offline chainmaille

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 04, 2009, 07:15:28 PM »
At the top of the board you will see my messages you can send personal messages to any member. The main thing I was pointing out is that in your respective profiles you will see personal message options that you can manage your notifications. One thing you can turn on is a pop up window, so that when you open another screen or log on it will pop up and say you have a message. You can also turn on email notifications that way if someone sends you a PM you will get an email saying you got one and go check it.
Unfortunately the default option have these two things turned off and I know that I have sent messages to many members and they don't know thay have messages. Unless you turn on these options the only way you will know you have a message is to look up by where it says My Messages and you will see a number next too it. It's easy to miss, I missed my first one by several days. So go check your personal options. Also check while were talking about everyone should check in their profile your email and notifications settings. You can set it to your liking so that you receive emails for threads you started and are watching. Let me know if you have any more questions.
Thanks