Author Topic: SNOW!!  (Read 33914 times)

Offline Colette

• View Profile
    • Colette's Boutique
Re: SNOW!!
« Reply #15 on: March 12, 2015, 08:55:58 AM »
I love snow too, but it does get old after awhile.
The kids here have missed quite a few days too, so what they are doing in this county is adding 20 minutes to regular school days to make up the time. They were proposing kids go on Saturdays, and cut into spring break. People were NOT happy, so they came up with this. I like the idea very much.
I agree, and it's been the same around here. The kids have missed so many days of schools, I think they might be going to school until the end of June. Yeah, after the end of January, I was just over the snow situation.

Offline MakinTheBest

• Administrator
  • Live everyday like you mean it!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 16, 2015, 09:29:21 AM »
Well, after a week of rain the snow is pretty much gone here with the exception of the mounds from the plows but since we are hitting upper 50's for the next few days those might go also!  Happy Dance here!

Offline Larissa

• Reef Botanicals
  • Global Moderator
  • Act well your part, there all the honour lies.
    • View Profile
    • Reef Botanicals
« Reply #17 on: March 16, 2015, 09:32:22 AM »
We're starting to see actual ground!  I don't even care that it's brown at this point... still better than white!

Offline trusk4u

• Handmade is always a journey of discovery!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 16, 2015, 06:18:57 PM »
Yes! Ground is good.

Offline haloooridaa

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 25, 2015, 01:22:55 PM »
wooooww beautiful snow, cool blue white ahhhh my favvvvvvvv time of the yr. I hate summer!  :-\

Offline trusk4u

• Handmade is always a journey of discovery!
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 26, 2015, 09:58:33 AM »
wooooww beautiful snow, cool blue white ahhhh my favvvvvvvv time of the yr. I hate summer!  :-\

I like summer, but not when it's so hot and humid. My childhood summers had temps in the 70's mostly, we might get some mid 80's in August. That seems to have changed though according to friends who still live in the area. We went swimming in Lake Superior and in August it might be around 70 degrees or so.

Offline Larissa

• Reef Botanicals
  • Global Moderator
  • Act well your part, there all the honour lies.
    • View Profile
    • Reef Botanicals
« Reply #21 on: May 26, 2015, 10:53:25 AM »
Eric was just mentioning yesterday that he knows he's a summer person, but he forgets how much the cold and snow negatively affects him until spring when it's light longer & warmer and we're outside all the time and he sees the contrast with how happy he is now versus how he felt all winter.  I'm not as bad in winter, but I definitely prefer summer.

Offline MsMartyD

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 28, 2015, 07:57:16 AM »
Snow is for  calendars and Kinkade  pics!   
www.handmadeartists.com/shop/MsMartyD
www.etsy.com
www.shophandmade.com

"She seeks wool and flax and works willingly with her hands. She sees that her merchandise is good...."Prov 31:13 & 18