Author Topic: Handmade Artists' Forum Blog!!!!!!!!!  (Read 120823 times)

Offline chainmaille

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Handmade Artists' Forum Blog!!!!!!!!!
« Reply #30 on: May 26, 2009, 10:54:10 AM »
Thanks Haffina, send any of your articles to Jeannie of Manic Butterfly or Armored Hearts or all of the above.

Offline Dragonclaw

• DRAGONCLAW STUDIOS free-form, organic wearable art
    • View Profile
    • DRAGONCLAW STUDIOS
« Reply #31 on: May 26, 2009, 11:30:34 AM »
OK you guys.... Sheeeesh  :-[  flattery will get you anywhere ;D If you have a set of questions to answer I would be willing to give it a go. but remember I type about 8 words a miniute (plus sometime I cant spell. And the bathroom is too far away to drink 14 pots of coffee a day I usually limit myself to drink coffee till I have my jaw clenched :P

Jeanne

« Reply #32 on: May 26, 2009, 12:08:52 PM »
Good Luck Armored
I'm not scared you guys by the way 8)

We'll have to change that~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ >::D Why won't that lil devil show up?

ArmoredHearts

« Reply #33 on: May 26, 2009, 08:43:54 PM »
Andrew, if you have to say you are not afraid, you are.

Matt, it's not smoke, it's admiration. I love stones or rocks as you like to call them but wrapping them is going to be a trip. Thanks for the inspiration. As for the keeping up with 14 pots of coffee: you are male... ARC it for goodness sake!

Jeanne, I've already stirred up the muck enough.... for today anyway, as Scarlet said:
 " Tomorrah, iz anothah day!"

Didn't put my 'beaded froo froo' stuff in the shop I went to. The lady wanted to do 60/40 commission. I can sell them better on Etsy with NO overhead but a 21 cent fee. I almost laughed at her.

Offline chainmaille

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: May 27, 2009, 09:47:30 AM »
So now we have 4 editors. Now we need blog posts.
So again what should we post about on the handmade forum blog. I know someone is heading up a featured member deal weather we do it daily or weekly, I'm assuming the new street team is going to be posting some stuff. That's it so far. So what else can we post.

Well I would love to get as many posts as we can get and would like to get the blog to one post a day and with over 250 members that's not to hard.

Ideas:
Tutorials
Posts about sales or specials your running on your shop
events on where your doing a show
business tips
etsy, artfire, 100o markets tips advice
Post about you one of our members, I'm not opposed to this and it doesn't have to a featured member but our editors will need content
Shameful plug day maybe, pick a day and let members submit a  blatant plug about their shop
And anything else you can think of.

Who are the editors?
Jeanne
Armored Hearts
Manic Butterfly
lisianblue

I'm not going to post their email here you as member can get it from their profile, guests cannot.
How to post?
Send them an email and attach any pictures. That's it. If there are any questions I'm sure they will contact you. Please realize the editors will need to some liberty at times with your content, maybe fix a spelling error change a title, rework a phrase if they so choose.

So that's it now we need authors to write posts, credit will be given to the authors and links can be posted to their work.

Enjoy, Now go submit a blog post to the editors >:(

Offline chainmaille

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: May 29, 2009, 11:58:34 AM »
We have a few blog posts up now and more coming so stop by the blog http://handmadeartistsforum.com and check it out. We need to people to participate and righrt articles and also leave comments on the blog posts. to leave a comment you must register with the blog. You can use your same username and password if you choose but unfortunately you need to reenter the information.

Offline Manic Butterfly

• View Profile
    • Manic Butterfly Jewels
« Reply #36 on: May 30, 2009, 12:20:54 AM »
Ok I've been planning to build a new lightbox for photos and finally purchased some materials. I was thinking I can take pics of each step as I complete it for a tutorial of sorts, for an article for the blog, along with some photos of items taken inside once it's finished.

I've built (improvised) a couple of different lightboxes using ideas from online, and I'm hoping this one will turn out to be the one that has all the qualities I want-easy to setup and take down, easy to use and easy to store.

The last one I made included a large handmade wooden box I believe was originally built to use with negatives-very sturdy and well built, but too cumbersome and heavy. That will now be taken apart and recycled into a seed starter planter for my vegetable plants  ;D

Handmade  :) Recycled  :) Reused  :)

Offline Haffina

• Just a little bit crazy
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • HaffinaCreations
« Reply #37 on: May 30, 2009, 12:58:54 AM »
Ok I've been planning to build a new lightbox for photos and finally purchased some materials. I was thinking I can take pics of each step as I complete it for a tutorial of sorts, for an article for the blog, along with some photos of items taken inside once it's finished.

I've built (improvised) a couple of different lightboxes using ideas from online, and I'm hoping this one will turn out to be the one that has all the qualities I want-easy to setup and take down, easy to use and easy to store.

The last one I made included a large handmade wooden box I believe was originally built to use with negatives-very sturdy and well built, but too cumbersome and heavy. That will now be taken apart and recycled into a seed starter planter for my vegetable plants  ;D

Handmade  :) Recycled  :) Reused  :)
I made one out of the box my daughter's car seat came in! Its not perfect but its pretty good.

Offline chainmaille

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: May 30, 2009, 08:47:10 AM »
Great idea Manic can't to see the article

Offline mygrandpaspen

• Handcrafted Cards, Albums and More!
    • View Profile
    • MyGrandpasPen
« Reply #39 on: June 01, 2009, 09:00:07 AM »
I wrote a very simple and short article on what I do for lighting and pictures that I've put on my own blog www.mygrandpaspen.blogspot.com - if you're interested (and if you're not that's totally ok!!) I can expand it and submit it to the handmade artists forum blog - my setup is very temporary and very low cost!. I think Manic Butterfly's setup will be much more professional. Let me know - Jeanine

Offline chainmaille

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: June 01, 2009, 09:03:31 AM »
I wrote a very simple and short article on what I do for lighting and pictures that I've put on my own blog www.mygrandpaspen.blogspot.com - if you're interested (and if you're not that's totally ok!!) I can expand it and submit it to the handmade artists forum blog - my setup is very temporary and very low cost!. I think Manic Butterfly's setup will be much more professional. Let me know - Jeanine

I'm totally ok with it, I think there is room for many different varieties and ideas. Just get with Jeanne and she'll hook you up. Jeanne PM me if you need any help.

Jeanne

« Reply #41 on: June 01, 2009, 07:45:47 PM »

I'm totally ok with it, I think there is room for many different varieties and ideas. Just get with Jeanne and she'll hook you up. Jeanne PM me if you need any help.

What I did was put Jeanine's idea up and my link.  At the end I put more to come from Manic Butterfly.  That way we all contributed. :D

Offline mygrandpaspen

• Handcrafted Cards, Albums and More!
    • View Profile
    • MyGrandpasPen
« Reply #42 on: June 02, 2009, 08:41:51 AM »
Thank you - looks great - and I like having several different styles of light boxes in there - what works for me won't necessarily work for other people.

Jeanine

Offline chainmaille

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: June 02, 2009, 12:06:41 PM »
New blog post for those who enjoy reading here http://handmadeartistsforum.com/?p=213
I put together a quick write up on how to get your shop noticed, just a few business tips, I probably wrote some more in the future so go check it out and leave some comments.

Offline chainmaille

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: June 03, 2009, 02:57:44 PM »
New blog post Featured Member Manic Butterfly http://handmadeartistsforum.com/?p=229  go read and find out more about the Manic of the Butterfly.....oooooh the Drama.
And leave a comment please.