Author Topic: Handmade Artists' Forum Blog!!!!!!!!!  (Read 120530 times)

Offline chainmaille

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Handmade Artists' Forum Blog!!!!!!!!!
« Reply #15 on: May 25, 2009, 11:52:29 AM »
That's a great idea. For those of you who want to post and handle the posts of others send me an email or pm with your user name and password and I'll set you up as an admin on the blog.

Offline lisianblue

• View Profile
    • lisianblue
« Reply #16 on: May 25, 2009, 12:29:17 PM »
I think Jeanne has a good idea - maybe we could take turns doing a daily article - have assigned days maybe- I do much better knowing when I'm going to have something done, than just random.   If we could come up with a set of standard questions to email people, I think that would help.  Maybe just 3 -5 questions that could be answered briefly.  and of course permission to post one or two pictures of their items.   
Should we just randomly pick people, or maybe go down the list of members - although if someone has joined but not joined in any discussions........................maybe we could do them later, just a thought!  or go with the highest amount of replies and work our way down - although that will change, so that might get confusing. 

Have a sign up "page," first come first served?  There is an Artfire Crazy Train - people signed up to be on it - so everyone on the list blogs, tweets, etc about the person whose turn it is - but it's done in the order of when people signed up.  I'm not saying we should have everyone blogging and tweeting other people - although that would be cool too - but it's the sign up idea I was trying to get at!   Kind of like you are doing with the ad thing, Andrew. 

Well, I'm outta here for now - Hobby Lobby has glass on sale!  and I need foil!  have a good one!

Kris 
"Art is not a handicraft, it is the transmission of feeling the artist has experienced."  Leo Tolstoy 

http://handmadeartists.com/shop/reflections
http://handmadeartistsshop.com/shop/lisianblue

http://twitter.com/lisianblue
http://lisianblue.blogspot.com

ArmoredHearts

« Reply #17 on: May 25, 2009, 11:52:13 PM »
Because of the fact that the more you post on a blog, the more exposure you get, why don't we do a daily feature to start out.  It doesn't have to be a huge article, but maybe start with the people that post the most like Matt, etc or who joined first and show a pic or two and list all their sites and info.  Sort of an expanded steampunk...get the idea?  Then we can do an in-depth weekly article on members. 

What do you think?

I'm all for an I Heart (insert an Artist you love) Feature.

Matt would be high on my list, as would others.

Offline Manic Butterfly

• View Profile
    • Manic Butterfly Jewels
« Reply #18 on: May 26, 2009, 01:31:00 AM »
Seems like a simple rotation of members-like the featured member ads on here-would be the best way to 'feature' an artist on a weekly basis?

Offline Haffina

• Just a little bit crazy
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • HaffinaCreations
« Reply #19 on: May 26, 2009, 02:06:38 AM »
Id like to help out if you still need helpers, taking into account I am fairly busy with my HMN job, and several blogs of my own to maintain, plus everything else I do... but I will make time for this - I think its important to promote handmade as much as possible.

Offline CassandrasCreations

• View Profile
    • My site
« Reply #20 on: May 26, 2009, 05:51:36 AM »
I thinks Jeanne's ideas are great.   Also the most post on down selection sounds fair to me.  LOL, I also vote for Matt going first.   Isn't it great we all agree.   :)

I'm not so great on the technical work, but I will help out where it's needed.  So Andrew, if you have anything that needs done for the blog, that you think I can handle, just ask.   It may not show here, lol, but I'm a pretty good writer.  Have to do it all day at my day job.

Offline chainmaille

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 26, 2009, 07:00:29 AM »
Jeanne and Manic Butterfly have been added as editors as they sent me a username and password they have been signed up and given permission to post. All others that want to be able to post should send pm me a user name and password. If we get say 4 or 5 people with access to post that should be good. Then any member can post an article by emailing our editors and they will post your article.

So If you want to be an editor pm me a username and password, I'll set you up and send you a link and directions. The beginning of this process is organizational, brainstorming, and getting used to the software's' back end. The editor's can posts test or actual posts to get used to the software as we develop the site.

So if you don't want to be an editor that's fine but we do need all the writers we can get.

Offline chainmaille

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 26, 2009, 07:51:31 AM »
Ok Armored Hearts is now an Editor also with Jeanne and Manic Butterfly.

Any others send me a pm with username and password.

Jeanne

« Reply #23 on: May 26, 2009, 07:56:32 AM »

You are in trouble now...wait and see what the three of us have cooked up... :o

ArmoredHearts

« Reply #24 on: May 26, 2009, 07:58:44 AM »

You are in trouble now...wait and see what the three of us have cooked up... :o

Jeanne, hush. Don't warn him... sheesh... *furiously types for 4 more minutes before I have to leave for a biznuss lunch. Cross your fingers so I can get a collection of my wares in store number 2*

Offline chainmaille

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 26, 2009, 08:18:35 AM »
Good Luck Armored
I'm not scared you guys by the way 8)

Offline AmongTheRuins

• must create!
    • View Profile
    • AmongTheRuins
« Reply #26 on: May 26, 2009, 08:41:14 AM »
I just read through this entire thread and I don't know how you all do it.  I have a hard enough time just making new items and getting them listed every few days!!  I am so impressed wtih the energy and the hard work you all put in.  Just amazing!!  What a lucky woman I am to be associated with such a great group of people!!
Plus you are all so creative and so kind...really the best group of people here.
Thank God for you all!
Kim

ArmoredHearts

« Reply #27 on: May 26, 2009, 08:48:12 AM »
I just read through this entire thread and I don't know how you all do it.  I have a hard enough time just making new items and getting them listed every few days!!  I am so impressed wtih the energy and the hard work you all put in.  Just amazing!!  What a lucky woman I am to be associated with such a great group of people!!
Plus you are all so creative and so kind...really the best group of people here.
Thank God for you all!
Kim
14 pots of coffee, the ability to type 80+ words per minute, 6 browsers open including Tweet Deck and an unlimited texting feature on my cell phone.
What the HECK is going to happen when I go back to work in the Fall? I gotta find a desk job that has a T3 or better for internetz!

Offline chainmaille

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 26, 2009, 08:55:27 AM »
Gotta love you Frann you are apiece of work. If I could type 80 words a minute imagine what I could do. But I can keep up with you on coffee very easily.

Offline Haffina

• Just a little bit crazy
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • HaffinaCreations
« Reply #29 on: May 26, 2009, 09:27:40 AM »
I think I will just contribute posts, probably less stress for me lol. So if you have an idea for an article or you want certain member/s featured let me know and I will whip something up.