Author Topic: HAFshop acrylic pens  (Read 2810 times)

Offline trusk4u

• Handmade is always a journey of discovery!
    • View Profile
HAFshop acrylic pens
« on: June 01, 2011, 07:35:19 PM »

Terry made this pen yesterday. I love the green! It's acrylic too. Listed in my HAFshop.

I'll add this one tomorrow.

« Last Edit: June 02, 2011, 07:01:51 AM by trusk4u »

Offline MakinTheBest

• Administrator
  • Live everyday like you mean it!
    • View Profile
Re: HAFshop acrylic pens
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2011, 07:40:49 PM »
Love it and Facebooked it!  What can I say?  I have a thing for cool pens!

Offline chainmaille

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2011, 07:22:10 AM »
I would have a thing for cool pens too....
if I had any cool pens :(

Stumbled, plurked, facebooked, and scheduled tweet!

Offline trusk4u

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2011, 08:39:47 AM »
I would have a thing for cool pens too....
if I had any cool pens :(

Stumbled, plurked, facebooked, and scheduled tweet!

Thanks! You could always buy one you know!  ;)

Offline dahlish

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 02, 2011, 10:35:55 AM »
Fun!  I love pens as well :)

Offline trusk4u

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 02, 2011, 04:15:03 PM »
Thanks! I heard today that they will NOT be teaching cursive writing in school anymore. Don't know if that's just here or nationwide. Sad. :(

Offline dahlish

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 02, 2011, 07:28:16 PM »
Thanks! I heard today that they will NOT be teaching cursive writing in school anymore. Don't know if that's just here or nationwide. Sad. :(

That's too bad :(  While I can't say I have perfect handwriting, I remember being so excited to learn how to write cursive!  My  mom of course has perfect penmanship!

Offline trusk4u

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 03, 2011, 06:44:13 AM »

That's too bad :(  While I can't say I have perfect handwriting, I remember being so excited to learn how to write cursive!  My  mom of course has perfect penmanship!!

Hey, I remember being excited to learn it to. Meant you were a big kid. It was nice when we went from using stone to paper though! LOL! Just kidding!
In my opinion, it's just another way of "dumbing down America."

Offline MakinTheBest

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 03, 2011, 03:10:07 PM »

That's too bad :(  While I can't say I have perfect handwriting, I remember being so excited to learn how to write cursive!  My  mom of course has perfect penmanship!!

Hey, I remember being excited to learn it to. Meant you were a big kid. It was nice when we went from using stone to paper though! LOL! Just kidding!
In my opinion, it's just another way of "dumbing down America."

I think this is all over and very sad!  I teach in a High School and there are a lot of these kids that can not read or write in cursive!  Sad that I have to print any notes that I make for them or they can't read it.  To top it off, many can not tell time on a regular clock either...dumbing down will be our downfall if we are not careful.

Offline lisianblue

• View Profile
    • lisianblue
« Reply #9 on: June 05, 2011, 02:30:48 AM »
Teresa - those pens are so pretty.
My grandson is 11, he does not know how to read cursive nor does he know how to write in cursive - When I write - I almost always use cursive!  I have to print anything  I send to him.  I think it's really sad! There is a lot to be said for writing by hand - I know for me, I remember things a lot better if I write it down - "writing" it with a keyboard doesn't work the same!   
Kimberly - what do you teach??
Kris 
"Art is not a handicraft, it is the transmission of feeling the artist has experienced."  Leo Tolstoy 

http://handmadeartists.com/shop/reflections
http://handmadeartistsshop.com/shop/lisianblue

http://twitter.com/lisianblue
http://lisianblue.blogspot.com

Offline MakinTheBest

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 05, 2011, 06:03:56 AM »

I took a long term sub job at a High School this last year (only 8 more days left and I am free!) and I am working with the troubled kids-gangs, family issues, basic trouble makers-that can not be in a regular classroom for one reason or another.  I work in Social Studies/American History and with a work program where the kids make minimum wage for a few hours a day working with the custodian and kitchen staff.  Gives them a couple of bucks made legally and boosts their confidence that they can do something. 

It has been a great experience and they asked me to come back, but I turned them down because of problems with administrations and the political BS.  They make life tougher on the teachers and these kids.  I will continue to sub and work on the sites instead.

Offline lisianblue

• View Profile
    • lisianblue
« Reply #11 on: June 05, 2011, 02:47:14 PM »

I took a long term sub job at a High School this last year (only 8 more days left and I am free!) and I am working with the troubled kids-gangs, family issues, basic trouble makers-that can not be in a regular classroom for one reason or another.  I work in Social Studies/American History and with a work program where the kids make minimum wage for a few hours a day working with the custodian and kitchen staff.  Gives them a couple of bucks made legally and boosts their confidence that they can do something. 

It has been a great experience and they asked me to come back, but I turned them down because of problems with administrations and the political BS.  They make life tougher on the teachers and these kids.  I will continue to sub and work on the sites instead.
ooo I bet that can be tough! but also rewarding when some of those kids have a good year.
I took 1 sem of elem. ed - switched to a BUS (bach of University Studies) so I could take what I wanted - sort of scarey in a way - concentration on  drawing, painting, & communications - worked out in the long run because it got me the best job I ever had - until I got sick anyway.  I am sure I would not have been able to deal with the political stuff in the schools.  I probably would have been fired my 1st year teaching!
Kris 
"Art is not a handicraft, it is the transmission of feeling the artist has experienced."  Leo Tolstoy 

http://handmadeartists.com/shop/reflections
http://handmadeartistsshop.com/shop/lisianblue

http://twitter.com/lisianblue
http://lisianblue.blogspot.com

Offline trusk4u

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 05, 2011, 03:58:17 PM »
My daughter worked with kids like that too Kim. Troubles with the law, bad homelife,drugs, etc. She was the "Intake Supervisor" at a most sought after school in CT. After several years of that she decided she had to go back for her Doctorate (Clinical Psychology)so she could better help these  kids. Like your situation, admin problems, overworked Socialworkers who can't or won't do their jobs, political stuff. She did not like leaving her clients, but it was a dead end job.