Author Topic: What are you doing today?  (Read 1526547 times)

Offline iKnitQuiltSew

• Global Moderator
  • ...one stitch at a time!
    • View Profile
    • i Knit Quilt Sew
Re: What are you doing today?
« Reply #12751 on: March 04, 2018, 08:42:46 PM »
Thanks!

myeuropeantouch

« Reply #12752 on: March 05, 2018, 05:27:33 AM »
Oh Sandi, that most have been horrific.....glad all went well, I cant even imagining....stay well, and prayers send your way. :-*

Offline iKnitQuiltSew

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • i Knit Quilt Sew
« Reply #12753 on: March 05, 2018, 09:46:25 AM »
Thanks, Monika!

myeuropeantouch

« Reply #12754 on: March 11, 2018, 05:44:50 PM »
I too,  have closed my shop here now! There is just nothing going on here anymore. I will be in the forums occasionally
but that's about it.

Really sorry to see this site go downhill this much....have a great week everyone.....   :)

Offline iKnitQuiltSew

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • i Knit Quilt Sew
« Reply #12755 on: March 11, 2018, 06:28:04 PM »
So sorry to hear it, Monika.  I have always done better at shows than online.  I think it has something to do with customers being able to see things in person.

Offline EasleyArtisanJewelry

• All that glitters is not gold.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12756 on: March 11, 2018, 09:59:13 PM »
Online is very difficult to generate a client base, you have to approach it as a fulltime job or it will not work.  However to follow the thread: today, I reassembled a 14 ft diameter trampoline in my backyard for the grandchildren.  My daughter and her four children have taken up residence here, temporarily, while they save and find a place near to brandon's work.  they were given less than 24 hours to vacate their house when they told the landlord that they would be moving.
John

myeuropeantouch

« Reply #12757 on: March 12, 2018, 03:37:10 AM »
Online is very difficult to generate a client base, you have to approach it as a fulltime job or it will not work.  However to follow the thread: today, I reassembled a 14 ft diameter trampoline in my backyard for the grandchildren.  My daughter and her four children have taken up residence here, temporarily, while they save and find a place near to brandon's work.  they were given less than 24 hours to vacate their house when they told the landlord that they would be moving.

Sorry to hear about your children's dilemma....John.....

and as to my shop, this was a full time job for me......(smile)

Offline Nárrína

• Handmaden Designs LLC
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Handmaden Designs LLC
« Reply #12758 on: April 07, 2018, 10:26:07 PM »
Sorry to hear about your store, Monika!

I'm finally able to breath a little easier now! The last couple months have been crazy as I decided I wanted to redo my bookcover, get back into making jewelry again (which has been on a bit of a hiatus), and set up an author's website.  (Plus this last month has been filled with one doctor's appointment after another, however, I'm, hopefully, one step closer to having surgery done on at least one of my hips and then (again hopefully) we can move onto the second hip; all depends on what my last MRI/arthrogram shows). I've also been teaching myself new digital art skills to try and go freelance as an illustrator/concept artist (trying anything that might help me get out of my library job that much faster). Finished the cover redo and website this week!  :D Most of the artwork I painted digitally in Corel Painter and just added the finishing details/text with Photoshop.

myeuropeantouch

« Reply #12759 on: April 08, 2018, 05:03:56 AM »
Sorry to hear about your store, Monika!

I'm finally able to breath a little easier now! The last couple months have been crazy as I decided I wanted to redo my bookcover, get back into making jewelry again (which has been on a bit of a hiatus), and set up an author's website.  (Plus this last month has been filled with one doctor's appointment after another, however, I'm, hopefully, one step closer to having surgery done on at least one of my hips and then (again hopefully) we can move onto the second hip; all depends on what my last MRI/arthrogram shows). I've also been teaching myself new digital art skills to try and go freelance as an illustrator/concept artist (trying anything that might help me get out of my library job that much faster). Finished the cover redo and website this week!  :D Most of the artwork I painted digitally in Corel Painter and just added the finishing details/text with Photoshop.

Thanks Narrina, it is really OK, the shop wasnt going anywhere on here, even though I promoted the heck outta it....

Congrats on all your accomplishments, that is AWeSOME, hopefully that job at the library will soon be history (smile)

Offline MsMartyD

• View Profile
« Reply #12760 on: April 28, 2018, 08:40:20 PM »
Just  checking in,   Monica....   How  did  your  hip  surgery  go?   I  had  both  of  mine  done  in  1989  and   am  still  doing  great!  I  am  sold  on  that   process. 
www.handmadeartists.com/shop/MsMartyD
www.etsy.com
www.shophandmade.com

"She seeks wool and flax and works willingly with her hands. She sees that her merchandise is good...."Prov 31:13 & 18

Offline iKnitQuiltSew

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • i Knit Quilt Sew
« Reply #12761 on: April 28, 2018, 08:46:51 PM »
Nice to see you, MsMarty!

Offline MsMartyD

• View Profile
« Reply #12762 on: April 28, 2018, 11:23:33 PM »
Thank  you!
www.handmadeartists.com/shop/MsMartyD
www.etsy.com
www.shophandmade.com

"She seeks wool and flax and works willingly with her hands. She sees that her merchandise is good...."Prov 31:13 & 18

myeuropeantouch

« Reply #12763 on: April 29, 2018, 04:29:04 AM »
Just  checking in,   Monica....   How  did  your  hip  surgery  go?   I  had  both  of  mine  done  in  1989  and   am  still  doing  great!  I  am  sold  on  that   process.

Nice to see you MsMartyD,  :)  I did not have Hip surgery, I fell and hurt my knees in November that is all.  :'(
Good to see you here, have you forgotten about the BillDana for my friend?  :-*  Monika

Offline iKnitQuiltSew

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • i Knit Quilt Sew
« Reply #12764 on: May 13, 2018, 09:43:29 AM »
Happy Mother's Day!