Author Topic: What are you doing today?  (Read 793032 times)

Offline iKnitQuiltSew

• Global Moderator
  • ...one stitch at a time!
    • View Profile
    • i Knit Quilt Sew
Re: What are you doing today?
« Reply #12480 on: March 20, 2017, 03:11:56 PM »
No where near it, Bev...  fortunately, it looks like it will be out soon.

Offline myeuropeantouch

• Art is the most intense mode of individualism.
    • View Profile
    • https://handmadeartistsshop.com/shop/Myeuropeantouch
« Reply #12482 on: March 21, 2017, 05:47:48 AM »
Glad you are safe Sandi.....

thanks for the compliments. I am one of those lucky woman I always looked younger then my age. But my body will tell me and remind me... :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Now with this great weight loss it is a bit easier on my body and that was my goal.....makes a great difference. Maybe a bit
TMI, but I bought 4 Bikini's for my Water Aerobics class, since I have my hourglass figure back, at 70 I myself cannot believe it.  ^-^

Stay safe, be good to yourselves..... :-*

Offline Larissa

• Reef Botanicals
  • Global Moderator
  • Act well your part, there all the honour lies.
    • View Profile
    • Reef Botanicals
« Reply #12483 on: March 22, 2017, 09:55:01 AM »
Good morning!

Got up WAY early this morning, because Eric is sick and I had to take care of all the animals before leaving the house an hour earlier than normal for my allergy shot before work.  Actually, I got up WAY early yesterday too, because I thought yesterday was Wednesday and I had my allergy shot yesterday morning!  Whoops.

Work today, and tonight, I (and hopefully Eric if he's feeling better) am doing a talk at a local historical farm about beekeeping and becoming a beekeeper.  It should be a blast, but if E can't come, it'll be my first solo talk. 

The question is whether I bring my wasps nest also, to show people the difference between a beehive and a wasps nest.  We get SO many calls to come get "bees" that turn out to be yellowjackets.  On the other hand, this isn't so much about bees in general, but about beekeeping.  I'll see.

Offline Larissa

• Reef Botanicals
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Reef Botanicals
« Reply #12484 on: March 24, 2017, 01:20:07 PM »
So glad it's Friday!  It's been a hell of a week.

Our bee talk (Eric did end up coming with me) was phenomenal, and we inspired a lot of people!  So happy!

This weekend there isn't much planned.  The license plates for Firefly came in, so I'll get those tomorrow.  And while Eric goes to a Red Bulls game, I'll bring my wheel to a library for Maker's Day to spin.  And I'm making Bouchon Bakery lemon meringue tarts from lemons a friend in California shipped to us from his yard.

I actually need to get a ton of spinning done; we signed up for an Earth Day festival on April 22, and a weekly farmer's market from June to October.  Eric's been doing a lot of turning, and made me this absolutely gorgeous dragon fountain pen!  He's also made a music fountain pen (ebony) and a phoenix ballpoint pen (bloodwood).

Offline iKnitQuiltSew

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • i Knit Quilt Sew
« Reply #12485 on: March 24, 2017, 03:35:01 PM »
Those are beautiful, Larissa!

Offline myeuropeantouch

• View Profile
« Reply #12486 on: March 25, 2017, 05:02:43 AM »
Beautiful pens Larissa,  :)

I am treating myself to a matinee at our Alhambra Dinner Theater at noon to the musical "Show Boat". I will chose Salmon and all that wonderful food that comes with it and know already I need a to go box. The most well known song from that musical "Old man river".
I am so looking forward to this, a nice break in my tumultuous life right now.....you all have a good weekend

Offline MsMartyD

• View Profile
« Reply #12487 on: March 26, 2017, 09:48:53 PM »
I  love  SHOWBOAT!   I  sang  Make Believe   for   my  first  voice  recital  when  I  was  14.
The  whole  show  is  beautiful.
www.handmadeartists.com/shop/MsMartyD
www.etsy.com
www.shophandmade.com

"She seeks wool and flax and works willingly with her hands. She sees that her merchandise is good...."Prov 31:13 & 18

Offline myeuropeantouch

• View Profile
« Reply #12488 on: March 27, 2017, 05:15:05 AM »
Well Ms Marty there is a lil singer in you..... :D...I too have sung titles from Showboat as our church every year puts on a Broadway Show.
Never mind, it was beautiful food was delish and I set at a table with 5 ladies from the country, cow raising ladies, who didn't mince words, it was so funny, our table conversations. They tell it like it is and were also - what we would consider- way to nosy.... :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
Well that's just how they are....and all of them made sure I knew that they were Trump Supporters....I wont go there on here....but it was very entertaining....
Have a good week you all....

Offline Larissa

• Reef Botanicals
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Reef Botanicals
« Reply #12489 on: March 27, 2017, 11:22:34 AM »
OMG, I love Showboat!  I saw it on Broadway years ago, and the guy that sang Old Man River... I never wanted him to stop.  That VOICE.  I can hear it in my head even now.

Didn't get nearly everything done this weekend that I intended, but it was a good weekend regardless.

Tonight after work, I have to pop by the library for a book, go home and bake a cherry pie, and then when Eric gets home from his wood turners meeting, rebuild the bottom half of the guinea pig palace (we did the top half yesterday, which is part of why we didn't get everything done that we actually intended).  And spin yarn.

Offline Larissa

• Reef Botanicals
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Reef Botanicals
« Reply #12490 on: March 28, 2017, 09:55:32 AM »
Good morning!  Work today, and then dinner with E tonight for our 8th anniversary.  I made cherry pie (his fave), and he's cooking us lamb chops (my fave).

Offline iKnitQuiltSew

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • i Knit Quilt Sew
« Reply #12491 on: March 28, 2017, 11:05:29 AM »
Happy anniversary! 

Offline myeuropeantouch

• View Profile
« Reply #12492 on: March 28, 2017, 04:35:52 PM »
Good morning!  Work today, and then dinner with E tonight for our 8th anniversary.  I made cherry pie (his fave), and he's cooking us lamb chops (my fave).

Happy Anniversary to you two :-*

Offline Craftsfrom1900

• View Profile
« Reply #12493 on: March 30, 2017, 12:50:03 AM »
Jumping in to the forum here, but have scanned through many of the older postings, so I get the feel many of you are online (at least) friends. My name is Mary, I own Crafts from 1900, and make handmade greeting cards, gift tags, and paper crafts.  Those fountain pens are beautiful, Larissa, and happy anniversary. 
What was I doing today? In and out of the car errands, the tiring kind....and made two new cards for the shop. Tomorrow is the start of a new job-orientation really-and I'm hoping work won't cramp my crafting time! LOL.
Just wanted to say hi, and hope I can simply make myself welcome here 8)

Offline iKnitQuiltSew

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • i Knit Quilt Sew
« Reply #12494 on: March 30, 2017, 09:57:10 AM »
Welcome, Mary!  Please do jump right in!!!!