Author Topic: What are you doing today?  (Read 1608145 times)

Offline iKnitQuiltSew

• Global Moderator
  • ...one stitch at a time!
    • View Profile
    • i Knit Quilt Sew
Re: What are you doing today?
« Reply #12240 on: November 09, 2016, 10:59:33 AM »
I completely understand, Teresa.  But please drop in and chat with us!

myeuropeantouch

« Reply #12241 on: November 10, 2016, 06:15:28 AM »
So sorry Teresa, I too sometimes think all the effort is not worth it anymore to sell online.....I found that I made more money at Shows.....thank God my last one was OK, compare to the one before....
Please keep checking in if you can....

Hello everyone else, I cannot keep up with you all ;D

Larissa is busy as ever and makes me still dizzy, by just reading what she is into now....LOL

Anywho, my last show was good, made good money and now I have room to create again....down 51 lbs, yes it slows down now and that is ok. I am fine with it,,....going to my Water Aerobics later and will work out some under water....today we have the drill Sargent, she talks like that....in a sing song voice, gives directions what we are supposed to do, funny

Have a great day you all

Offline trusk4u

• Handmade is always a journey of discovery!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12242 on: November 10, 2016, 09:02:50 AM »
I will continue to create. I have to or I will go crazy! Right now I am putting together simple things to clear out stock and donate. It's mostly just strung beads, so it should appeal to more people. It will be going to our local St. Vincent de Paul store since they use the money for the food bank. I'm also making a bunch of earrings for a Christmas gift drive by our town fire department. We will also make a monetary donation as well as canned food.
I am still working on this house too. Still have stuff that needs painting. We will be working on our bathrooms this winter hopefully. So anyway, I will NOT be sitting around being bored.  ;D

Offline chainmaille

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #12243 on: November 21, 2016, 06:39:53 AM »
Finally finished the shed! Now to get the yard ready for winter. Got a ton of leaves to get rid of and put the plow on the tractor. Looking forward to a short week though. Hope all is well with everyone!

Offline iKnitQuiltSew

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • i Knit Quilt Sew
« Reply #12244 on: November 21, 2016, 09:58:12 AM »
Beautiful shed!  When can we move in?   :laugh: :laugh:

Offline MsMartyD

• View Profile
« Reply #12245 on: November 22, 2016, 10:18:20 PM »
I  just  jumped  in  today  to  see what  is  going   on.....    I  want to tell you   that  shed  is   sooooooooooooooo  nice!    I  love  the  doors.   It  doesn't  look like  a shed  at  all    except  for  the  fact  that  it  has  no  windows.
www.handmadeartists.com/shop/MsMartyD
www.etsy.com
www.shophandmade.com

"She seeks wool and flax and works willingly with her hands. She sees that her merchandise is good...."Prov 31:13 & 18

Offline MulchandMore

• View Profile
« Reply #12246 on: November 22, 2016, 11:28:33 PM »
Nice shed, Andrew.

Wishing everyone a Happy Thanksgiving and safe travel if you have plans to go somewhere.

Offline iKnitQuiltSew

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • i Knit Quilt Sew
« Reply #12247 on: November 23, 2016, 04:33:06 PM »
Happy Thanksgiving to all tomorrow!

myeuropeantouch

« Reply #12248 on: November 24, 2016, 06:45:15 AM »
Have a blessed Thanksgiving everyone......

Offline iKnitQuiltSew

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • i Knit Quilt Sew
« Reply #12250 on: November 24, 2016, 09:30:58 AM »
Lovely Thanksgiving card, Monika!  Happy Thanksgiving to one and all.  I am thankful that you are all here to listen when I need to share and vent!

Now, I'm off to set-up for a show that is tomorrow and Saturday.

Offline iKnitQuiltSew

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • i Knit Quilt Sew
« Reply #12251 on: November 28, 2016, 02:29:01 PM »
Had a TERRIFIC show this weekend!  Now I have three days to get ready for the next one.  So I have made a mess in my work room....

Offline MulchandMore

• View Profile
« Reply #12252 on: November 28, 2016, 03:48:33 PM »
Monika, thanks for the beautiful card and wishes. Hope your day was great too.We had a lovely family gathering at our daughter's.

Sandi, so glad your show went well and hope the trend continues for the next one. Happy crafting in the meanwhile.That's a pretty organized table from my viewpoint :)

My shows are over for the year so now is my time to play catch up on scheduling for next year, posting  more on my blog, and making some new things while replenishing the things that sold.

Offline Larissa

• Reef Botanicals
  • Global Moderator
  • Act well your part, there all the honour lies.
    • View Profile
    • Reef Botanicals
« Reply #12253 on: November 28, 2016, 03:52:27 PM »
Bev!  I used that gorgeous roving I bought from you and made yarn!  I plied it to itself after watching a video on how to do that from the inside & outside ends, so it's a 2-ply.  I need to set it still, and I've chosen a pattern to make myself a keyhole scarf with it, mixing it with some other yarns, since I ended up with 49 yards or so, if I'm doing the math right.  Eric is totally impressed.  :)

Hi, all!  Been busy, obviously. 

Eric and I did a holiday show that wasn't stellar, but he sold his biggest cutting board, in addition to some other stuff and we had a ton of fun, plus met a farmer who's got babydoll sheep and another couple we really liked (the wife's a pro baker).

Eric's been turning a ton of gorgeous pens and making cutting boards.  He had an order for a custom board in cherry & zebrawood that was 2'x3'!  It was like a tabletop!  Crazy.  And beautiful.  You can see his stuff at www.bladesandboard.com.

He's also been turning ornaments that I've been painting and selling.  The photo's an Instagram collage, so it's not the best but you can get an idea.  I've also been listing these in Fabric of my Mind.

We had no Thanksgiving of note... both of us came down with the horrid stomach bug that's been going around on Tuesday on our respective trips home from work, so we were out of commission all through Thanksgiving (we had Saltines and ginger ale, and then late night finally some turkey Hungry Man dinners to placate us), and canceled our Friday plans to host a dozen people for Friendsgiving.  It was sad.

Today I've been at work, and tonight we need to do some housework and then I'll probably spin more yarn... because I'm a straight-up addict at this point.

Offline Larissa

• Reef Botanicals
  • Global Moderator
  • Act well your part, there all the honour lies.
    • View Profile
    • Reef Botanicals
« Reply #12254 on: November 28, 2016, 03:56:16 PM »
Oh, and I brought my spinning wheel to the show and got a TON of attention with it, and got to teach some kids how spinning works.  :)

I also got to spin with Santa helping me!