Author Topic: What are you doing today?  (Read 1699938 times)

Offline Larissa

• Reef Botanicals
  • Global Moderator
  • Act well your part, there all the honour lies.
    • View Profile
    • Reef Botanicals
Re: What are you doing today?
« Reply #11745 on: December 30, 2015, 11:12:54 AM »
As the year ends, we are having another day of extensive rain. the lake (front yard) is being replenished.  If I get off the gravel in the driveway, tires just spin in the mud.  Walking to the mailbox causes shoes to become saturated, and walking the dog causes me to have to change clothes as I get soaked.  The good thing is that the Red Cross teams have been having a slow time, so I have not had to do much with data entry for them. 

My hope is to get back into my groove and start making more jewelry.  My granddaughter showed me what the students at Florida were buying; so I am making a different style bangle bracelet than I have been.  These take a bit of time, but we will see.  Also means that I hope to become active with HA again.  Posting, etc. 

May all my friends have a great new year for 2016.

John

Can't wait to see!  And glad you're ok, albeit soggy, with the weather you've been having.

Offline Larissa

• Reef Botanicals
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Reef Botanicals
« Reply #11746 on: December 31, 2015, 10:09:09 AM »
Good morning and happy new year!

Work today, big party tonight (attending, not throwing, thankfully)!

myeuropeantouch

« Reply #11747 on: December 31, 2015, 03:41:11 PM »
Wishing all a very happy, healthy New Year, may it meet all your expectations and give you everything you deserve.
Be blessed

Offline trusk4u

• Handmade is always a journey of discovery!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11748 on: December 31, 2015, 03:42:30 PM »
Great to see you back John!

To all my HA friends, have a wonderful and safe celebration tonight! See you next year!

Offline MulchandMore

• View Profile
« Reply #11749 on: January 01, 2016, 06:33:58 PM »
And the New Year is Here!
Hope everyone is off to a good start on their new year!
Nice to see some faces that have been scarce, but understand when "life" gets in the way of hanging out here! Wishing everyone a year of health and happiness (and good sales) ;)

[/size]

Offline iKnitQuiltSew

• Global Moderator
  • ...one stitch at a time!
    • View Profile
    • i Knit Quilt Sew
« Reply #11750 on: January 01, 2016, 07:32:21 PM »
Happy New Year to everyone!  May it be filled with happiness, health and prosperity.  It was .6 degrees here when we got up this morning.  BRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR...............

Offline Larissa

• Reef Botanicals
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Reef Botanicals
« Reply #11751 on: January 04, 2016, 11:30:07 AM »
Good morning!

I've been having a great new year so far, and hope all of you are too.

On NYE, we attended a party at the house of friends, which we attend most years.  It was fun, as usual. 

We had a great time January 1... went to an open house party/gathering at the bee supply shop where we buy most of our equipment, and then that night we went to dinner at a pub/restaurant we love & there was a great cover band playing.

On January 2, we did stuff around the house, and were pretty low key, and then yesterday I did a body painting on Eric's back.  First time he ever let me paint him!

Today is work and home; I need to get out the minutes from the last EC meeting; I'm really overdue.  And I need to finish some other big paperwork.

Offline iKnitQuiltSew

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • i Knit Quilt Sew
« Reply #11752 on: January 04, 2016, 12:22:06 PM »
Snowing here today, and forecast is that the next day we will have without snow is Sunday!  Good thing I have a quilt to work on... 

Offline Larissa

• Reef Botanicals
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Reef Botanicals
« Reply #11753 on: January 04, 2016, 01:00:42 PM »
Wow!  All we've had so far is about a minute and a half of flurries last week.  But today the high is in the 20s, so winter has definitely (finally) arrived.

... which means I can start worrying about the bees and chickens, of course.

Offline chainmaille

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #11754 on: January 04, 2016, 03:37:24 PM »
Well we are all back from vacation and back to the daily grind. Spent time with Kimberly's family over the holidays  and had a good time. Hope all is well with everyone and here's to a safe and prosperous 2016!

Offline trusk4u

• Handmade is always a journey of discovery!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11755 on: January 05, 2016, 09:55:47 AM »
Hurrah for sunshine! It's not warm but at least the sun is out today. Still fighting this miserable cold, so outside time is very limited. Doing chores and then resting.

I received my fabulous headband that I ordered from Sandi and I love it! It goes really well with my jacket and it's perfect for when I am out walking. Keeps my ears warm! Once I kick this cold I'll be able to use it a lot more.

Not much else going on right now. I need to let the dogs back in since I hear them barking up a storm in the back yard.

Offline iKnitQuiltSew

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • i Knit Quilt Sew
« Reply #11756 on: January 05, 2016, 10:45:04 AM »
Hurrah for sunshine! It's not warm but at least the sun is out today. Still fighting this miserable cold, so outside time is very limited. Doing chores and then resting.

I received my fabulous headband that I ordered from Sandi and I love it! It goes really well with my jacket and it's perfect for when I am out walking. Keeps my ears warm! Once I kick this cold I'll be able to use it a lot more.

Hooray!  I am so glad that it got there safely!  Hang in there fighting your cold...  it's a nasty strain this time around but it does go away eventually.

Offline Larissa

• Reef Botanicals
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Reef Botanicals
« Reply #11757 on: January 05, 2016, 12:04:58 PM »
Halloo!  We've got sun here too, albeit cold, cold sun.

Can we get a photo of you wearing the headband, T?  I'd love to see.

I've got a LOT going on.  One really big thing that may or may not pan out (body painting related, not bee or crafting related) that I'm not really ready to discuss yet.  We'll see how it goes.  But at any rate, it led me to ask for volunteers to get body painted over the weekend (no one was both willing and available, so I ended up painting E's back because he's awesome and sucked it up and let me)... which made a local journalist take notice!  So last night, we had a phone interview, and then I emailed her a bunch of photos, and she expects the story (a feature on ME!) to run this week!  It's a local online paper (like the patch, if you have that in your area), but they've got a good readership, and it's pretty incredible.  Just another way to better my business!  Wheeeeeeeeeeeee!

Today, I'm at work, and tonight I really, really need to finish drafting the EC minutes (I started last night, but got so tired I wasn't sure I could write in actual English anymore), and then just normal stuff at home.  We got a TON of mushroom mycelium transferred last night and have a bunch more to do tonight; it's growing fast!

The only other thing I really want to do is watch a new MTV show (I know, I know, MTV), The Shannara Chronicles.  It'll probably be cheesy as hell, but as a kid I read the whole Sword of Shannara series by Terry Brooks, and this is based on those, so it piqued my interest.  I'll see how the first episode looks and go from there.  I don't even know what channel MTV is on!  LOL

Offline Larissa

• Reef Botanicals
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Reef Botanicals
« Reply #11758 on: January 06, 2016, 10:52:10 AM »
Good morning!  My day started off so good... awesome songs on the radio, made it in to work on time even though I got up late, three eggs in the nesting box... and then I got to work and found that the zipper on the lining in my new jacket got screwed up and I need to bring it to the store and see if I can make them fix it.  And found out that what I was working on at work this morning wasn't what the boss wanted me to work on first.  And one of my credit cards' website is screwy so I can't pay the bill yet.

I'm really hoping it picks up from here.

We've got a TON of mushroom stuff to do tonight and I'd really like to have a good day.

Offline MsMartyD

• View Profile
« Reply #11759 on: January 06, 2016, 12:27:17 PM »
At least you had a good start....
www.handmadeartists.com/shop/MsMartyD
www.etsy.com
www.shophandmade.com

"She seeks wool and flax and works willingly with her hands. She sees that her merchandise is good...."Prov 31:13 & 18