Author Topic: What are you doing today?  (Read 1696433 times)

Offline Larissa

• Reef Botanicals
  • Global Moderator
  • Act well your part, there all the honour lies.
    • View Profile
    • Reef Botanicals
Re: What are you doing today?
« Reply #11730 on: December 23, 2015, 10:20:36 AM »
Good morning!  Work today, and tonight is just laundry & finishing that scarf.  The blue oyster mushrooms in the fruiting bags are starting to grow and Eric is REALLY excited.  He's also working on completely redesigning our logo to reflect the new direction & it's coming out really cool.

Offline trusk4u

• Handmade is always a journey of discovery!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11731 on: December 23, 2015, 01:26:11 PM »
Yeah, he's pretty stoked about the whole thing.

Got the little bit of baking done that I had planned to do. Took the dogs out for 2 walks before the storm front hits us. It's already blustery, but very mild. It's like 62 degrees outside. NOT normal at all!

As promised, I am sharing a couple pics of the updated bathroom. Sometime in the future we will rip out the shower and replace that , tile the floor, and replace the sink and vanity. At least for now it's clean, brighter and usable. Seems a bit odd to say, but I love the new toilet we put in. We will put the same one in the other bathrooms too.

I hung a clock that Terry made in the front hall too. Looks really good and it's nice to be able to see the time.

myeuropeantouch

« Reply #11732 on: December 23, 2015, 06:00:49 PM »
Wishing you all a very, merry Christmas, be blessed and spend some quality time with family and friends.
I plan on doing the same...

Offline Larissa

• Reef Botanicals
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Reef Botanicals
« Reply #11733 on: December 24, 2015, 11:05:29 AM »
I love that clock!  And your tree, Monika.

Merry Christmas, all!

At work today, but I'm sure we're getting out early, just don't know when.  I know some people are picking up eggs later; we sold our first two dozen last night.  And I managed to finish that infinity scarf for my friend's fiance.

Tonight, RELAX!

Offline FabricOfMyMind

• View Profile
« Reply #11734 on: December 25, 2015, 12:33:18 PM »
Hope you're all having a terrific day!

We exchanged gifts last night; Eric got me a vertical battery grip for my good camera, which I didn't even know existed and is awesome.

We got up late and are hanging out with the puppies, having coffee and watching the 1947 Miracle on 34th Street (my favorite).

We're gonna get the garlic ready today and see Star Wars tonight!

Offline iKnitQuiltSew

• Global Moderator
  • ...one stitch at a time!
    • View Profile
    • i Knit Quilt Sew
« Reply #11735 on: December 25, 2015, 12:35:13 PM »
No matter what or how you celebrate, the very best to all!

Offline trusk4u

• View Profile
« Reply #11736 on: December 25, 2015, 02:28:06 PM »
Merry Christmas!

Happy Holidays!

Have a fabulous weekend everyone!

Offline Larissa

• Reef Botanicals
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Reef Botanicals
« Reply #11737 on: December 28, 2015, 11:25:04 AM »
Haha, realized I was logged in as my FOM account on the 25th when I posted.  Hope you all had a great holiday and weekend!

We went to see the new Star Wars Friday night (it was really good, SO much better than the last three episodes they did), and the new Hunger Games movie last night (excellent until the very last scene, which was unnecessary; they should have gone to credits one scene before).  In between, we got a bunch of mushroom stuff going and planted the garlic finally - 103 bulbs!  And I did a bunch of drawings to list as adult coloring pages.  Some are listed, 4 I still need to photograph and scan.

Today is just work & home.  Nothing much going on.

Offline Larissa

• Reef Botanicals
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Reef Botanicals
« Reply #11738 on: December 29, 2015, 10:48:08 AM »
Good morning! 

We got a tiny tan egg yesterday, so I think Miranda's laying now!  That's all 6!  Look how small it is compared to the others, it's obviously the one all the way to the right.

Also, I'm really excited because last night I found out one of my closest friends is pregnant & having a baby at the end of January!  We don't see each other much and she wasn't telling people she didn't see in person (because it got tough to hide from those people), so she just called me yesterday after work.  It's awesome, because she's 2 years older than I am, got married late, and I know she's wanted kids since she was in her early 20s.  I was worried it wouldn't happen for her, and now it did.  And she's going to be a terrific mom!  She told me what bedding she's got for the baby (Carter's zoo garden in purple from Buy Buy Baby), so I decided as part of her present I'm going to do a painting themed on the set!  I'm not going to copy, but use the color scheme and the animals (plus add an animal or two that they don't use) and put it in a jungle scene.  I started sketching it out last night.

Today is work and then I have to pop by Staples for some stuff.  And home.  Probably to work on mushroom stuff.  We prepared a bunch of jars and bags for more mushrooms over the weekend and last night, so we'll continue that tonight too.

Offline MulchandMore

• View Profile
« Reply #11739 on: December 29, 2015, 11:18:52 AM »
Nice eggs Larissa!

Lights are back on here, after about 10 hrs out, not bad for sleeping, and our wood furnace kept our house warm, and we had drawn buckets of water for flushing! We were lucky in getting the snow they had predicted, much better than the freezing rain to the south of us! Husband is out snow-blowing the packed drifted snow we did get! I've been busy cutting nylon netting and crocheting scrubbies for next year's shows. Have a list of business goals written for next year....one of which is to increase my par inventory on many of my items!

Wishing each of you a Happy New Year!

Offline trusk4u

• View Profile
« Reply #11740 on: December 29, 2015, 02:24:34 PM »
It has finally stopped raining here! 3 days straight and nearly 4". WE are not nearly as bad as some places though, so I am grateful for that. Now it's getting colder, but still not real bad. We did have an awesome visit over the weekend with our  family and especially our granddaughter. She had fun going up and down the stairs. She eventually warmed up to the dogs. Her first dog experience was not a good one so she tends to be apprehensive. She has learned that not all dogs are crazy.

I decided to close my ZoZo's Jewelry For Girlz shop. I just am not into it at all these days which is evident by the lack of new stuff , no sharing, posting, etc. I will keep my other shop open for the time being, but that may go to at some point. I still love making jewelry, but the whole online thing has changed so much. I am just not feeling it anymore, if you know what I mean. FB won't verify my jewelry page because I don't have a physical address resulting in little to no traffic there. I would think their list of business types would include online, but if it's there, I am not seeing it.  I think I am going to try and concentrate more on local stuff and see what happens.

We have no plans for New Years. Maybe we will go out for dinner. Too busy getting stuff together to stage our other house. Terry is going down in a couple weeks to do some work, meet with the new agent again and get the place ready. We have to wait 31 days before listing again so that it hits the market as a new listing. We are taking out all of the bamboo floors we laid there since no one seems to like them. We will reuse them in this house. The NC place will get carpet.

Off to take the girls out again. See ya later!

Offline Larissa

• Reef Botanicals
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Reef Botanicals
« Reply #11741 on: December 29, 2015, 03:45:56 PM »
I guess we got the freezing rain you were supposed to get, Bev, but thankfully no blackouts.  I had to scrape off my car this morning, encased in ice.  And last week it was 70 degrees.  Craziness.

Glad you all are doing well.  The temps have dropped here too, and it's been raining (and icing).

We're going to a huge house party for NYE.  I like to go out for the night, and it'll be fun; we've been to this party before.

Offline MsMartyD

• View Profile
« Reply #11742 on: December 29, 2015, 06:53:05 PM »
Larissa,   I wanted to share a story with you.....    After all 3 of my older boys were grown....(17, 20, and 22)   I got pregnant at age 40.   Steve,  who was the 17 yo,   was telling all his friends   and then went about telling  all his brothers'  friends.   One guy,  who was  a drugged out hippie said....  "Man, moms don't get pregnant!"  We were in a town of 35,000  so that story spread like wildfire....   Poor   guy.
www.handmadeartists.com/shop/MsMartyD
www.etsy.com
www.shophandmade.com

"She seeks wool and flax and works willingly with her hands. She sees that her merchandise is good...."Prov 31:13 & 18

Offline Larissa

• Reef Botanicals
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Reef Botanicals
« Reply #11743 on: December 30, 2015, 10:25:23 AM »
Haha, funny!  Poor kid.

Crashed last night without doing much of anything useful, other than transferring oyster mushroom mycelium from two jars into straw bags and putting them in the fruiting chamber to start growing.

Today is just work & home.  Picked up ink for the printer/scanner last night so it'll work again (our stupid machine won't even scan to a flash drive if some of the ink is out, no idea why), so tonight I can scan pdfs of some new adult coloring pages.  Of course, I can't get outdoor photos of them 'til the rain & fog and drizzle stop, but that's another story.  I'm hoping to do that on New Years Day.

Offline gemlover

• Contributor
  • All that glitters is not gold!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11744 on: December 30, 2015, 11:08:20 AM »
As the year ends, we are having another day of extensive rain. the lake (front yard) is being replenished.  If I get off the gravel in the driveway, tires just spin in the mud.  Walking to the mailbox causes shoes to become saturated, and walking the dog causes me to have to change clothes as I get soaked.  The good thing is that the Red Cross teams have been having a slow time, so I have not had to do much with data entry for them. 

My hope is to get back into my groove and start making more jewelry.  My granddaughter showed me what the students at Florida were buying; so I am making a different style bangle bracelet than I have been.  These take a bit of time, but we will see.  Also means that I hope to become active with HA again.  Posting, etc. 

May all my friends have a great new year for 2016.

John
John Atwell Rasmussen, PhD, AJP
Lapidary, Gemologist, Geologist, Artisan Jeweler
email: john@rasmussengems.com