Author Topic: What are you doing today?  (Read 1703036 times)

myeuropeantouch

Re: What are you doing today?
« Reply #11625 on: November 16, 2015, 08:00:47 AM »
Thinking about you and glad you're getting this done soon!

Thanks Larissa.....?

myeuropeantouch

« Reply #11626 on: November 16, 2015, 08:01:32 AM »
Hang in there Monika!

Thank you I am in good hands, God's.... :)

Offline Larissa

• Reef Botanicals
  • Global Moderator
  • Act well your part, there all the honour lies.
    • View Profile
    • Reef Botanicals
« Reply #11627 on: November 16, 2015, 10:53:44 AM »
Thinking about you and glad you're getting this done soon!

Thanks Larissa.....?

I'm running on the assumption that you're going to come through this absolutely fine, so as far as I'm concerned, the faster you get it done, the faster you start to heal.  So I'm glad it's happening tomorrow and you can be on your way to healing!

My weekend was awesome.  Friends came down Saturday for lunch/knitting help, I made honeycake, and we had a blast.  Then Saturday night, we went to Midnight Bowling with other friends and had a great time, getting home after 2 a.m.  I really need to bowl more frequently; my skills are questionable these days.

Sunday we slept in & then I face painted at a 1st birthday for an hour, where I was really on my game and a big hit.

Today is work, and then tonight the environmental commission meeting.  And I really need to get started on the cowl/infinity scarf I'm planning to knit for a gift exchange in early December.

Offline Larissa

• Reef Botanicals
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Reef Botanicals
« Reply #11628 on: November 16, 2015, 10:58:06 AM »
Oh!  And the mushrooms are in progress! 

First picture:
Colonization of blue oyster mushroom mycellium on used coffee grounds. Once this bag is fully colonized, it'll go into the fruiting chamber and we should have a nice flush of mushrooms within a few weeks.

Second picture:
Rye grain beginning to colonize with shiitake mycellium. When the jar is fully colonized, it'll be transferred to several bags of a sawdust blend substrate and ultimately produce a few flushes of fresh shiitake mushrooms.

Woohoo!

Offline MulchandMore

• View Profile
« Reply #11629 on: November 16, 2015, 11:24:54 AM »
Larrisa, getting and keeping the proper humidity for all this to happen must be the challenge. Good luck and keep us posted. mmm...mushrooms :P
How did your knitting(cutting) come out?

I'm going to spinning guild this afternoon, painted some angels for the next craft shows, and still struggling to wrap my head around word press! I'm mulchandmorecrafts.com if anyone wants a sneak peek before I'm ready to add it to my places I can be found. Suggestions are welcome, but don't know if I have the knowledge yet to follow them :laugh:

Offline Larissa

• Reef Botanicals
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Reef Botanicals
« Reply #11630 on: November 16, 2015, 11:34:11 AM »
Site looks good!  Pretty colors and fonts.

Right now because the packages are all sealed, the humidity is fine for the 'shrooms, but we picked up some PVC last night.  We've got a huge basement & bought a metal wire shelving unit, plus plastic sheeting (it's really a clear plastic dropcloth) and a humidifier, and Eric built a humidity controller.  So we're going to build a PVC frame around the shelves, attach the plastic as a greenhouse, and set up the humidifier with the controller so it turns on and off as necessary on its own.  As soon as the 'shrooms are colonized enough and ready to fruit, we'll move 'em down there in the fruiting bags, cut 'em open, and let them go.  I really can't wait!  The blue oyster mushrooms may very well be this week!  We have pink oyster mushroom spores to get into bags too, and pasteurized one bag of coffee grounds last night for them.  The shiitakes take longer.

The blanket is cut, and I've picked up two of the four sides of it on the longest circular needle I could find (36") to then start doing the border.  It'll be soon; I just want to make sure I get the infinity scarf done on time for the swap.

Offline trusk4u

• Handmade is always a journey of discovery!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11631 on: November 17, 2015, 08:18:00 AM »
Monika:
I'm running on the assumption that you're going to come through this absolutely fine, so as far as I'm concerned, the faster you get it done, the faster you start to heal.  So I'm glad it's happening tomorrow and you can be on your way to healing!

I'm with Larissa on this. You are going to be good as new when this is all said and done!! I have NO DOUBT!

Same old stuff for me. Painted our master bath and it looks so much better. It still needs some stuff done though and eventually we hope to gut it and start over. I am coming near then end of all this painting. Just have the living room left to do on the main level. The downstairs isn't too bad, so I will wait to do that.

We are still on the fence with the whole rental vs. selling thing with our old house.There are pros and cons with each and we have to decide what is best for us at this point. I think we are leaning more towards just doing the fixes and putting it back on the market. :-\
« Last Edit: November 17, 2015, 08:19:44 AM by trusk4u »

Offline Larissa

• Reef Botanicals
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Reef Botanicals
« Reply #11632 on: November 17, 2015, 11:57:02 AM »
So pretty, Teresa!  Nice job!

We're talking about painting our bathroom too, though what Eric really wants to do is retile, which we'd need to get permission from the landlord for.  'Cause, y'know, not our house.

Work today, book club tonight.  I made honeycake.

Offline Larissa

• Reef Botanicals
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Reef Botanicals
« Reply #11633 on: November 18, 2015, 12:26:15 PM »
Halloo!

Work today, FINALLY picking up all my Halloween stuff from the party host's house (from the Newcomers & Neighbors Halloween party on 10/30) tonight.  I think I'm allergic to getting my stuff, because we were supposed to last weekend, but I felt like crap & like I was getting a cold, and now today I feel like crap & like I've got a cold.  What the heck?

On the niftier side of things, Eric and I ordered new leather winter jackets.  They were on crazy sale (his was $750 down to $225 & mine was $400 down to $135, and free shipping!), and we both needed them.  They came yesterday, so I got to wear mine today.  I love it so much... I've wanted a biker jacket for 30 years, but my mother would never let me get one (they were "for hoodlums"), and it's taken years for the last jacket she bought me to finally die so I could justify the purchase.  I'm so happy!

Last night, E revamped the guinea pig "castle" to accommodate all 5 better, since one was being bullied by his two brothers.  It looks amazing.

Offline MsMartyD

• View Profile
« Reply #11634 on: November 18, 2015, 12:44:44 PM »
Woooo Hoooooo!    Love the jacket  almost as much as I love a  good sale   price!    Good Job!
www.handmadeartists.com/shop/MsMartyD
www.etsy.com
www.shophandmade.com

"She seeks wool and flax and works willingly with her hands. She sees that her merchandise is good...."Prov 31:13 & 18

myeuropeantouch

« Reply #11635 on: November 18, 2015, 05:40:57 PM »
Hi everyone......what a nightmare that was...

had two (2) heart ablations instead of one and he found more A fib and PVC
Spots. Had planned on only one. He stated because they all are in the same
chamber, he could not kill all the tissue in just that one chamber.
He said he found the first one that showed in the EKG, nuked/lasered it
waited a while to make sure he got it all and a second one popped up. He did
the same thing on that one and waited to make sure he got that one all good
and a third popped up. So decided to stop for now and I still have A-fib and PVC’s.
My groin wound just opened up again need I need to take care of that.

He did not wish to destroy all the tissue in this one session of one
chamber. I was under for about 3.5 hours. The heart muscle needs to heal and
I am glad he stopped.
He hopes when the irritation and inflammation from the laser goes away in
about 2 weeks, that maybe, maybe the a-fibs and pvc’s are gone on that 3rd
spot. He hopes it just came from the treatment.
Because my heart hurt all night, I was first on Morphine and then on
Percocet until this morning.  I guess ablation is different for everyone, I
was told I would not have any pain, but did I ever, afterwards.

Cant talk at all right now, because of special intubation, Bronchi in pain,
swellings and swallowing  problems. Basically squeaky voice and painful too.

And I am not a wimp, but I am sure still concerned. They kick you out of the Hospital so fast these days.
Back to bed..... :)

Offline Larissa

• Reef Botanicals
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Reef Botanicals
« Reply #11636 on: November 18, 2015, 06:22:31 PM »
Lots of positive and healing wishes for you, Monika!

Offline iKnitQuiltSew

• Global Moderator
  • ...one stitch at a time!
    • View Profile
    • i Knit Quilt Sew
« Reply #11637 on: November 18, 2015, 06:57:56 PM »
Thanks for the update, Monika.  You KNOW you're in all of our prayers.

Offline trusk4u

• Handmade is always a journey of discovery!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11638 on: November 18, 2015, 06:59:47 PM »
Oh my goodness Monika, what an ordeal. I'm sending you a big hug and loads of prayers and well wishes too.

Larissa, that jacket is awesome! Hoodlums  ;D sounds like something my Mom would have said too! I saw the new digs for the boys on FB. Looks great and now everyone can be comfy in their own space. I'm sure it puts your minds at ease too.

Tomorrow is my dental procedure. I sure hope that this abscess is not too bad. I don't think it is since I have no real discomfort or pain. I will tomorrow though. :(

Good evening to all and I'll try and pop by tomorrow.

Offline MulchandMore

• View Profile
« Reply #11639 on: November 18, 2015, 07:02:05 PM »
Great to hear from you Monika. Healing thoughts from Michigan too. Take care of yourself. Don't over-do.

Here's a picture that I just shared on my blog in a post about writing cats ;) Sorry about it being so large.

Wind is blowing and lights flickered out once, so think I will shut computer down for tonight