Author Topic: What are you doing today?  (Read 1696943 times)

Offline Larissa

• Reef Botanicals
  • Global Moderator
  • Act well your part, there all the honour lies.
    • View Profile
    • Reef Botanicals
Re: What are you doing today?
« Reply #11610 on: November 09, 2015, 11:23:48 AM »
Oh, that's good to know about the scissors that don't get sticky!  I'll have to look for those too.

My weekend was really fun, except for coming down with a cold, but at least it's just the basic sneezy/stuffy nose deal.  Not too miserable.

Saturday, Eric twisted balloons and I painted faces for two hours at a 1st birthday.  Well, he twisted for 2 hours... I didn't exactly paint for 2 hours because he was the hit of this party!  I only painted about half the kids (all the ones who wanted it), and they only wanted small, unimpressive designs.  It was weird.  But man, was he a hit!

On Sunday, he went to the Red Bulls playoff game, while I went skeet shooting with friends.  That was fun!  I actually hit one (out of 25) and was honestly impressed with myself.

Today is just work at the day job; that's about it.  I should get cracking on the scarf I'll be making for the gift exchange, I suppose.

Offline MsMartyD

• View Profile
« Reply #11611 on: November 09, 2015, 01:20:52 PM »
You might want to get an extra one for E.        I'm always having to  "steal"  mine out of Joe's workshop.   If I weren't so inborn  stingy I'd invest in a second  one. 
www.handmadeartists.com/shop/MsMartyD
www.etsy.com
www.shophandmade.com

"She seeks wool and flax and works willingly with her hands. She sees that her merchandise is good...."Prov 31:13 & 18

Offline Larissa

• Reef Botanicals
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Reef Botanicals
« Reply #11612 on: November 09, 2015, 01:27:18 PM »
You might want to get an extra one for E.        I'm always having to  "steal"  mine out of Joe's workshop.   If I weren't so inborn  stingy I'd invest in a second  one.

The scissors?  He already stole the ones I was using for sewing scissors (even though they weren't really) which is what led me to buy the new ones!

Offline Larissa

• Reef Botanicals
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Reef Botanicals
« Reply #11613 on: November 10, 2015, 11:16:48 AM »
Good morning!

Ended up going to the feed store last night for some cracked corn... and came home with two HUGE fluffy dog beds, the corn, a guinea pig hay manger, and some other stuff.  Sigh.  Who knew you could impulse buy at a feed store?!

E also did some research on containers for us... Reef Botanicals is getting a face lift.  We're going to streamline the soap/balm/candle product line down to 100% honey/beeswax-related (except for the Purity castile soap, which is way too popular to ditch), and then add in mushroom growing kits (that's what the container research was for) and some other stuff.  It'll be a while 'til we're ready for the real morph, but we need to do our testing and trials now so we can get it all going.  The cracked corn is also for the mushrooms, so that's growing (haha, pun!) soon.

We tried introducing the dogs to their new beds and moving the crates out of the way, which kind of confused the pups, but they did like the fluffiness for as much as they were on them.  Eric's working from home today, so hopefully he'll have them out and they can test out the beds more.  The big thing is getting them to understand not to EAT the beds.  They like to shred plush things... but haven't destroyed our couches, so they do understand some.

This morning, I packed up an order I got through Reef Botanicals & the mailman just took it for me, so that's on its way.

This afternoon, E's got the meeting with the hotel/restaurant executive board about putting the hives in there, and I'm on the edge of my seat to know the outcome of the meeting!

Meanwhile, I'm at the office, doing the usual.

I've got a sorely needed (haha, another pun!) massage appointment at 7 p.m., and then I'll be headed home to hopefully do mushroom stuff with Eric.

Offline trusk4u

• Handmade is always a journey of discovery!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11614 on: November 12, 2015, 10:53:42 AM »
Been stupidly busy lately, but I am back now. We were gone to Chicago for the weekend to see our daughter get her PhD. It was a nice ceremony and not too long. So she is officially a doctor now and done with school. The one thing she wants to get for herself is a tee shirt that "I'm not that kind of doctor." People automatically think she can diagnose various ailments  and try to show her stuff.  ::)

I am off to see an orthodontist today. I have an abscess that needs to be treated by them and not my regular dentist. I just hope it isn't too bad, though I am not in pain. Just a little uncomfortable.

Our fence is done and the pups are loving that. We can actually go and play for real now. Today however is super windy and they aren't liking it too much.

I've got to get some stuff done before my appt. I will be back around to bug you guys a bit more now. :)

Offline Larissa

• Reef Botanicals
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Reef Botanicals
« Reply #11615 on: November 12, 2015, 11:15:53 AM »
Halloo!

OMG, T, congrats to your daughter, that's phenomenal!

The massage on Tuesday was awesome!

Yesterday I was supposed to go to my monthly face painting guild meeting, but skipped it (too bad, because the instructor was awesome) in favor of getting stuff done around the house.  We got a TON done, so at least it was worth it, and I've started prepping my blanket for cutting the steek.  I've had it sitting in a bag, putting it off out of fear, all this time, but this Saturday a friend who happens to be a very experienced knitter is actually coming down from CT to help me start the cable border around it (the pattern instructions for this part read like Chinese to me), so I need to bite the bullet & get cracking.  I'll be cutting it tonight.  Eeek!

We also got the fruiting bags for the blue oyster mushrooms innoculated, and the bags ready for the pink ones.  The innoculated shiitake jars are starting to show mycelium growth, so that's really exciting.

Work today, then more housework tonight, plus innoculating the fruiting bags with the pink oyster mushrooms, then that steek - finish prepping, and cut.

Offline trusk4u

• Handmade is always a journey of discovery!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11616 on: November 13, 2015, 07:46:39 AM »
All this talk about inoculating makes you sound like a doctor Larissa. That is pretty cool with the mushroom thing though.

It's a chilly, windy day again. Even the dogs didn't want to walk this morning. Guess we'll try later.

Hubby is getting ready to go to NC again and do some more work around the house, winterize, etc. He is also meeting with a property manager in case we end up renting this place which is looking more likely everyday. Good news is she is excited about the property and feels she can rent it for a good price. Even after fees, we would still MAKE money. So we shall see how that goes. The fact that our good friend has used her for 7 years without issue makes me feel more comfortable with the whole idea.

Have a great day and weekend everyone!

Offline Larissa

• Reef Botanicals
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Reef Botanicals
« Reply #11617 on: November 13, 2015, 10:34:02 AM »
Hope the rental works out, T! 

Crazy, I have a friend near Chicago who said they've shut down a highway because of the wind & the fear that vehicles would just blow right off the road!  That's insane.

I was up 'til 5 a.m. working on prepping the steek on my knitted blanket (photo below), after being up 'til about 3 a.m. the night before.  I had no idea how time consuming this was!  I also had no idea that I was giving myself a harder time using acrylic yarn.  Ugh.  Thankfully, it's not terribly shiny & slippery acrylic, but still, I need to take precautions, because if all that work on the bee blanket unravels, I might have to shoot myself.

Working today, then face painting for 3 hours at a country club father/daughter dance tonight, then finally finishing the prep and cutting that damned steek!  I have to get it done, because my friend is coming at 9 or 10 a.m. tomorrow to help me with the next step, and tomorrow morning I'm getting up early to bake honeycake to serve her & her husband at lunch.  They're coming down from CT just so she can help me with this (and to hang out), so the least we can do is smoke some chicken and bake some dessert.  :)

myeuropeantouch

« Reply #11618 on: November 13, 2015, 07:22:41 PM »
Just a quick FYI, my Heart Ablation Surgery and whatever else they will find has been moved up to the 17th
of Nov. Next week Tuesday, 11:30 AM.

My friend Gretchen has access to my computer and will fill you in, should that be necessary. 

Have a wonderful weekend you all....

Offline iKnitQuiltSew

• Global Moderator
  • ...one stitch at a time!
    • View Profile
    • i Knit Quilt Sew
« Reply #11619 on: November 13, 2015, 07:37:48 PM »
Good to hear from you, Monika.  Prayers and positive thoughts are going with you.

myeuropeantouch

« Reply #11620 on: November 14, 2015, 06:21:12 AM »
Good to hear from you, Monika.  Prayers and positive thoughts are going with you.

Thank you Sandi......((((hugs))))

Offline MulchandMore

• View Profile
« Reply #11621 on: November 14, 2015, 11:16:35 AM »
(((hugs))) Monika. You are in our thoughts and missed when we don't see your smiling face. Prayers sent for Tuesday.

myeuropeantouch

« Reply #11622 on: November 14, 2015, 01:41:32 PM »
(((hugs))) Monika. You are in our thoughts and missed when we don't see your smiling face. Prayers sent for Tuesday.

Ahhhhh, thank you, really, but I hvae done nothing but running to the doc's and testing with the two problems I am having.....got my priorities straight,,,,,thank you Bev....have a great weekend. :-*

Offline Larissa

• Reef Botanicals
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Reef Botanicals
« Reply #11623 on: November 16, 2015, 01:11:40 AM »
Thinking about you and glad you're getting this done soon!

Offline chainmaille

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #11624 on: November 16, 2015, 06:32:18 AM »
Hang in there Monika!