Author Topic: What are you doing today?  (Read 1827392 times)

Offline iKnitQuiltSew

• Global Moderator
  • ...one stitch at a time!
    • View Profile
    • i Knit Quilt Sew
Re: What are you doing today?
« Reply #8085 on: October 27, 2013, 03:02:47 PM »
Thank you so much, Bev!  I am so glad you see it...  It's an optical illusion.  All of the pieces are parallelograms. 

Offline beadthing

• Whatever you are be a good one. ~Abraham Lincoln
    • View Profile
« Reply #8086 on: October 27, 2013, 05:15:53 PM »
Love the quilt Sandi, and yes I see the 3-d effect as well.  It is awesome.  It almost makes me wish I could quilt.  I said ALMOST.  Yeah, no, not trying this out anytime soon :laugh: :laugh:

Offline iKnitQuiltSew

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • i Knit Quilt Sew
« Reply #8087 on: October 27, 2013, 05:18:06 PM »
 :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:, Pam!

myeuropeantouch

« Reply #8088 on: October 28, 2013, 06:46:27 PM »
I AM IN !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Now we start the hole process backwards , unpacking , finding room, of which I have much more now....
THE VERY VERY BEST PART, I HAVE A STUDIO AGAIN....... ;) :D ;D :laugh: :-*
OMG , love it.....

Hey yallllllllll........ :-*
I still will be scarce, though, because of above, unpacking. I am one of those people who cant stand to look at this mess.....at least not very long.... :laugh: :laugh: :P

Have a good night everyone

myeuropeantouch

« Reply #8089 on: October 28, 2013, 06:59:38 PM »
Just one more thing.....

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Offline iKnitQuiltSew

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • i Knit Quilt Sew
« Reply #8090 on: October 28, 2013, 07:10:12 PM »
Congratulations, Monika and I LOVE your full moon poster!  :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

myeuropeantouch

« Reply #8091 on: October 29, 2013, 06:30:36 AM »
 :laugh: Sandi....

Good Morning everyone.....real quick, I should be "tip toeing" through the  boxes and start I think - unpacking ....(groan)

Offline Beth

• View Profile
« Reply #8092 on: October 29, 2013, 09:16:48 PM »
Monika, congrats on your new place.  Be good to yourself and take lots of breaks while you're unpacking!

I did have a nice quiet birthday.  Got my first sale on Zibbet, which helped make it even more special.  Spent the day alone and kept busy.

I somehow have lost the memory stick for my camera.  I piled through trash cans, looked under and in everything I could think of, but to no avail.  At least I have an extra one...it just doesn't hold as many pics as the other one did.

Been busy making a bunch of Holiday gift tags for all three shops.  Trying to have a variety of different ones.  I posted my newest ones down in Creative Creations.

It's also been a crazy couple of days.  My friend down here went in for a heart cath only to find out she had a big blockage in a tiny vein.  Ended up having angioplasty, but that didn't work and had a heart attack while on the table.  She spent the night and is home today.  They gave her a bunch of drugs to see if the blockage will go away on its own.  They don't want to do open heart surgery yet until she is stronger.

My oldest daughter was in the ER trying to figure out why she has been having pains x 5 days on her right side.  All tests came back with nothing, so she's frustrated.

Meanwhile, I'm dealing with my own head demons again, but I at least can escape them most of the time.

Time to relax I guess.  Hope everyone is doing well.

myeuropeantouch

« Reply #8093 on: October 30, 2013, 06:21:04 AM »
Good Morning everyone.....

Beth, please do the same and be good to yourself too!

I was treated to something very, very  nice last night and afternoon, one of my girlfriends came over and we tackled 16 boxes for the kitchen and living room. The items are unpacked and all stashed away, not pretty yet, I can do that later.
From 4:30 with Dinner in between until 8:30 we made it......I am so grateful for friends, of course I would do the same thing in a heart beat.

Today another friend will come with the right tools - Hammer Drill and masonry bits
to hang all my drapery. Glen will help, he just didn't have the right tools.
We are getting there...

Wishing you a great day and sales galore....

Offline YankeeBurrowCreations

• View Profile
    • Yankee Burrow
« Reply #8094 on: October 30, 2013, 10:54:48 AM »
hi everyone...it's been a long time since I've stopped in this thread.  hope and pray everyone is doing well.
congrats on the house Monika.  I got your message but I don't have your area code to call you.   :(
we are enjoying our vacation here in sunny Florida.  playing with great grandbabies and just relaxing!  it's been years since we've just relaxed.  spending our days playing and watching cable tv. I'm willing to pay money now just to watch Duck Dynasty and Lizard Lick!  ;D

be good everyone and have a wonderful week(end)
Debbi

Offline trusk4u

• Handmade is always a journey of discovery!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8095 on: October 30, 2013, 11:02:16 AM »
Sounds like everything is moving along Monika and I know you will be happy when it's done! :) Love the full moon too. So funny!

Beth congrats on your Zibbet sale! I hope your friend recovers quickly and your daughter finds out what the issue is. PLEASE take care of yourself too!

I had quite a weekend. Terry was in Denver visiting his sister, so it was me and Farrah. I have decided to close Hollyhocks after Christmas. So many factors have gone into this decision. Turns out that the shop across the street that opened last year is also closing. It has been really tough here. So, I'm not sure what will come next for me. Much depends on if we move closer to Terry's job. Who knows, I may give this a go again.  ??? 

Offline Blue Highways

• Global Moderator
  • Book Nerd
    • View Profile
    • My Shop and Blog
« Reply #8096 on: October 30, 2013, 12:53:40 PM »
Fantastic quilt, Sandi!

Go easy, Monika, that stuff isn't going anywhere and we don't need you hurt!

Offline YankeeBurrowCreations

• View Profile
    • Yankee Burrow
« Reply #8097 on: October 30, 2013, 06:39:46 PM »
Just got home from a wonderful dinner with a wonderful friend.  You gotta love the people here.  My family and I met Monika at Olive Garden for good food and great fellowship.

Debbi

Offline normasbathandbody

• View Profile
    • Norma's Bath and Body
« Reply #8098 on: October 30, 2013, 07:40:23 PM »
Hey Guys!
Fixing some pumpkin Muffins from scratch. GOOD ;)

Offline Blue Highways

• Global Moderator
  • Book Nerd
    • View Profile
    • My Shop and Blog
« Reply #8099 on: October 30, 2013, 09:21:33 PM »
Just got home from a wonderful dinner with a wonderful friend.  You gotta love the people here.  My family and I met Monika at Olive Garden for good food and great fellowship.

Debbi
Great!! That's terrific that you guys got together :D