Author Topic: What are you doing today?  (Read 1530083 times)

Offline iKnitQuiltSew

• Global Moderator
  • ...one stitch at a time!
    • View Profile
    • i Knit Quilt Sew
Re: What are you doing today?
« Reply #12735 on: December 21, 2017, 10:43:06 AM »
Good for you!  Renovations are interesting....  the vision of what could be, the struggles of getting through it and then the sigh of relief when it's finished!

TinkerMill looks like a wonderful resource.  I would love to hear/see more about your adventures there!

myeuropeantouch

« Reply #12736 on: December 22, 2017, 06:03:11 AM »
Good morning, wishing everyone on here a fabulous, peaceful, joyous Christmas and a very healthy, happy New Year. Don't do anything I wouldn't do.... :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
Just click the link for a beautiful card.

https://www.jacquielawson.com/ecard/view?code=7188976401508&ob=1&cont=1

Offline iKnitQuiltSew

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • i Knit Quilt Sew
« Reply #12737 on: December 22, 2017, 11:05:13 AM »
I love the card!  Merry Christmas to all.  No matter what you celebrate, may the season bring you joy, peace and happiness!

Offline MulchandMore

• View Profile
« Reply #12738 on: December 22, 2017, 01:17:55 PM »
Merry Christmas to all. For whatever Holidays you celebrate, may your days be filled with Love, Peace and Joy.
Safe travel if you are on the road and Happiness to carry throughout the new year.

Offline MsMartyD

• View Profile
« Reply #12739 on: December 24, 2017, 05:52:47 PM »
First,   I  want  to  thank  you  for  the  card....   I  love  Ms Lawson's  work.   It's  been  a  day  or  two  since  I  checked  in.....  Monica,  I hope   your "fall down"   is  all  well  now.     Have  a wonderful  holiday  season  and   2018!
And  "God Bless  us Every one!"
www.handmadeartists.com/shop/MsMartyD
www.etsy.com
www.shophandmade.com

"She seeks wool and flax and works willingly with her hands. She sees that her merchandise is good...."Prov 31:13 & 18

myeuropeantouch

« Reply #12740 on: January 06, 2018, 12:54:13 PM »
First,   I  want  to  thank  you  for  the  card....   I  love  Ms Lawson's  work.   It's  been  a  day  or  two  since  I  checked  in.....  Monica,  I hope   your "fall down"   is  all  well  now.     Have  a wonderful  holiday  season  and   2018!
And  "God Bless  us Every one!"

You are welcome  Ms Marty, my Christmas and New Year were wonderful, hope yours was too.

I still am dealing with the fall, if your Bone Marrow got damaged and you have internal bleeding all around the knee inside, that takes 3 mo to heal. I am currently in PT and have a salve I am supposed to use. Thank you for caring.

Hope your 2018 will be just "maaaavelous".....
Monika

Offline iKnitQuiltSew

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • i Knit Quilt Sew
« Reply #12741 on: January 15, 2018, 02:55:47 PM »
Compared to the "old days," it is so quiet here.  Being an optimist, I am assuming that everyone has a busy life.....

I have been sewing woman for the past many days.  There's a new quilt on our queen-size waterbed.  I absolutely did NOT want to make this quilt as I am not set up to deal with something this size (which is why my usual quilts are crib or lap size).  But after a year of searching for a quilt or comforter to purchase, it became crystal clear that to get what we wanted, I was going to make it.  19 yards of material and days later, it's done!  Paul picked the materials, since we were replacing the quilt I made him a bit more than 13 years ago. 

Offline chainmaille

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #12742 on: January 19, 2018, 07:54:26 AM »
Love the quilt Sandi.
Yes it has been slow, I've personally going through a bout of unemployment, so my head has been elsewhere trying to find a job. Everything else is pretty good here, just a lot of changes this last year.
Keeps life interesting to say the least.

Offline iKnitQuiltSew

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • i Knit Quilt Sew
« Reply #12743 on: January 19, 2018, 12:01:15 PM »
OMG!  You relocated for that job!  That is awful.  Positive thoughts coming your way.

Offline MulchandMore

• View Profile
« Reply #12744 on: January 19, 2018, 01:14:55 PM »
Sandi- Beautiful quilt, what a lot of work to keep you warm for years :D .

I haven't been doing much to post about, just knitting and more knitting...Need to finish booking this year's shows.

Andrew, keep to looking, one constant in life is change! :-\ But when a door closes, there's always another door or window of opportunity nearby. Hoping you find yours soon.

Stay warm everyone, we are having a brief warm-up (30's) before it gets cold again!

Offline chainmaille

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #12745 on: January 26, 2018, 02:12:53 PM »
Hopefully the job hunt is coming to an end. I have one reasonable offer on the table, and am expecting 2 more. I also have an interview with a different company on Monday. Hopefully this will be all over by the end of next week.

Offline iKnitQuiltSew

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • i Knit Quilt Sew
« Reply #12746 on: January 26, 2018, 03:57:08 PM »
Fingers crossed for you!

Offline iKnitQuiltSew

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • i Knit Quilt Sew
« Reply #12747 on: March 04, 2018, 07:25:36 PM »
I have been so quiet for a while.  After a serious discovery in the search for the reason for why my head hurt, I had 4+ hours of brain-tumor-removal surgery about three weeks ago. But I  survived it and am on the mend.  Perhaps the best news of all is that it was NOT malignant and was in a "quiet" part of my brain.  So I should be good as new in another month or so.

What's up with all of you?

Offline MulchandMore

• View Profile
« Reply #12748 on: March 04, 2018, 08:16:17 PM »
Wow, so glad to hear from you and that it wasn't malignant! That must have been very scary for both you and your husband. Wishing you a speedy recovery!

I haven't been doing much of interest, filled a candle order, organizing of show lists for the season, and trying to finish some knitting, spinning, and labeling. It's spring in some parts of Mi but we still have snow on most of our lawn, with spots of ice on the driveway and path! I'm anxious to put away boots and heavy coats, but won't be for a while!

Offline iKnitQuiltSew

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • i Knit Quilt Sew
« Reply #12749 on: March 04, 2018, 08:29:32 PM »
"Terrified" was our operative word.