Author Topic: What are you doing today?  (Read 1696513 times)

Offline Larissa

• Reef Botanicals
  • Global Moderator
  • Act well your part, there all the honour lies.
    • View Profile
    • Reef Botanicals
Re: What are you doing today?
« Reply #11715 on: December 17, 2015, 01:59:40 PM »
Larrissa  ....   all who know me are aware of my mean streak.....    You could tell people that  you have a really vile STD  which can be transmitted  by sneezing  or touching things you have touched.

LOL!  Too cool!

Offline Larissa

• Reef Botanicals
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Reef Botanicals
« Reply #11716 on: December 18, 2015, 12:07:49 PM »
Halloo!

Stayed up late again last night; I really need to stop that.  Working today, beekeeping association holiday party tonight.

Offline trusk4u

• Handmade is always a journey of discovery!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11717 on: December 19, 2015, 02:45:45 PM »
Haven't found a ReStore here, but I'll keep looking. Yeah, the whole sick people out and about really bothers me. Good for me that I am not one to get sick often. I like Ms. Marty's comment though. Too funny!

I will do my baking this coming week. Any sooner and I will eat it all.  :-[

Sandi, I'm sorry you're sick, but hopefully it will be mostly if not all cleared up for Christmas. Our's have generally been quiet too, so having my son and co. down will be wonderful! I do hope you have a great visit!

We are working on the bathroom upstairs to make it more usable. Took the old shower door off since it didn't close right. I'll just put up a curtain for now. We have a remnant piece of vinyl flooring to cover the awful brown stuff that is there now. I painted the walls. We also have a new toilet to install. Terry is running around trying to get e replacement fan. The one we had bought won't work in there, but we can use it in our bathroom. These little fixes will make that room much nicer. I'll share pictures when we finish.
Have a great weekend everyone!

Offline MsMartyD

• View Profile
« Reply #11718 on: December 19, 2015, 08:30:43 PM »
I prefer  curtains to doors on showers.   They can be changed and  are really an inexpensive  decorating item....   Change the shower curtain and you change the whole durn bathroom.... for  a small amount of money.  I am really a cheezy,  cheap old woman.  I like things to look nice but I'm too cheap to pay a lot.

www.handmadeartists.com/shop/MsMartyD
www.etsy.com
www.shophandmade.com

"She seeks wool and flax and works willingly with her hands. She sees that her merchandise is good...."Prov 31:13 & 18

Offline MulchandMore

• View Profile
« Reply #11719 on: December 19, 2015, 10:11:10 PM »
MsMarty, I prefer shower curtains too.

Larissa, I finally took a picture of that infinity scarf, as well as the hat pattern I worked out to go with it.

I've been keeping busy knitting and also working on my new blog on wordpress. tonight I added it to the bottom of my signature listing so my friends here can take a look, if you want. It's a work in progress and I have a long way to go, so suggestions are welcome.

And yuck, we finally got some snow, not sure if the 2-3inches will last too long though. A white Christmas is nice, but so is an early Spring=short Winter :laugh:

Offline iKnitQuiltSew

• Global Moderator
  • ...one stitch at a time!
    • View Profile
    • i Knit Quilt Sew
« Reply #11720 on: December 19, 2015, 11:39:45 PM »
I think your blog looks beautiful, Bev!

Offline Larissa

• Reef Botanicals
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Reef Botanicals
« Reply #11721 on: December 20, 2015, 02:48:23 AM »
Looking forward to those bathroom photos, T!

Hope you're feeling better, Sandi!

Bev, I think the scarf and hats look great, and I love those cat pix!

We got a few flakes here today when it finally got cold for a day, but nothing that'd stick and it's supposed to go back into the 50s this week.  Such a weird December!  I'm just worried that the chickens haven't had the chance to grow real winter feathers and acclimate to the cold, so if we suddenly get a horrific cold snap, they won't be prepared.  If that happens, we'll be building a quickie coop in the basement and bringing them in.

Yesterday's holiday party was really fun, and a friend who's planning to get bees in the spring came with us.  While she was here, she decided to do a bunch of her holiday shopping and bought FOUR infinity scarves from me!  Meanwhile, a friend at work commissioned one for her fiance yesterday, so first thing today I went to Michaels to get some fluffy black yarn since I didn't have black.  I started in on that scarf today, even worked on it while at friends' holiday party tonight.  At this holiday party, the hosts buy all their guests gifts, and so we bring for the hosts too.  This year, they went totally overboard, but we so appreciate it!  Our firepit from Lowe's finally died, the bottom got rotted out and it's completely done.  So they bought us a new firepit!  With the weather warming up again, Eric offered for EJ (the husband of the couple) to come over for scotch & cigars by the fire.

Anyway, I also finally am able to post my version of the infinity scarf both Bev and I tried.  So here you go!

Now it's back to working on the commissioned scarf...

Offline MsMartyD

• View Profile
« Reply #11722 on: December 20, 2015, 08:33:56 AM »
Larissa!  Don't you ever sleep?
The scarf is  beautiful!
www.handmadeartists.com/shop/MsMartyD
www.etsy.com
www.shophandmade.com

"She seeks wool and flax and works willingly with her hands. She sees that her merchandise is good...."Prov 31:13 & 18

Offline Larissa

• Reef Botanicals
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Reef Botanicals
« Reply #11723 on: December 20, 2015, 12:26:08 PM »
Not nearly enough, that's for sure.  And thanks!

Today we need to build the greenhouse for the mushrooms and I need to get some photos and hopefully list some things.  Plus knit the commissioned scarf.

Offline MulchandMore

• View Profile
« Reply #11724 on: December 20, 2015, 08:36:06 PM »
Thanks Sandi and Larissa for taking the time to look, I've got a long ways to go on it.

Larissa, I like your infinity scarf better (your solid colors show the pattern much better)

Tomorrow we have our spinning/weaving guilds joint meeting/potluck/Christmas party, complete with show and tell of our year's projects and a handmade ornament swap...so should be a fun day.

I finished knitting the hat I was working on last night and have been cutting strips of nylon for crocheted scrubbies today. Still a few gifts to wrap and cookies to bake with my son-he really likes gingerbread cookies :-\ , something I never developed a taste for, so will make those and maybe some chocolate sugar cookies to roll out!

Larissa, get some sleep, and chickens seem to be able to heat a small area with their own body heat, especially if you add some straw to the coop to help them keep their feet warm :laugh:

Offline Larissa

• Reef Botanicals
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Reef Botanicals
« Reply #11725 on: December 21, 2015, 12:02:30 PM »
Thanks, Bev!  The yarn I used is actually heathered, but it's really subtle.  I still have enough for a second scarf, so I may do it again to list once I'm done with the commissioned scarf.

So yesterday, I slept 'til noon & then Eric made us both brunch and for my eggs, used one of our new egg molds!  It was so cute, and his homemade bacon made a great branch for the owl (we also have a bunny and a skull).

Then we built the fruiting chamber for the mushrooms and got the first two bags of blue oysters (I always want to say "cult" there) in.  Can't wait to see 'srooms!  Blogged it here:  http://reefbotanicals.blogspot.com/2015/12/mmmmm-mushrooms.html

We relaxed some, got some stuff done.  I got some of my new thing - adult coloring pages! - done and listed, and will list more tonight.  I'm jumping on the bandwagon.  It gives me a chance to draw, which I love, and hopefully make it a somewhat lucrative endeavor.  Oh, and we also ordered our tix for Star Wars!  We're seeing it on Christmas Day, which makes this a traditional Jewish Christmas.... movie & Chinese food!  LOL

Today is work, and then the EC meeting.  And aside from the additional coloring page listings, I need to keep knitting that scarf.

Offline Larissa

• Reef Botanicals
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Reef Botanicals
« Reply #11726 on: December 22, 2015, 11:10:33 AM »
Good morning!  Work today, but today's our office holiday party and gift exchange, so I'm excited about that.  We're going to a local tavern/restaurant for lunch.

I should be getting out early, which gives me time to hit Barnes & Noble for Eric's gift.  We've been spending a lot of $, so we're going low key on this & I think I'm just getting him Thomas Keller's Ad Hoc at Home.  It's partly self serving, because I'd love for E to cook out of it.   ;)

And then tonight is just hanging out, working on the commissioned scarf, and listing more coloring pages that I've got ready & was too tired to list last night. 

Offline trusk4u

• Handmade is always a journey of discovery!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11727 on: December 22, 2015, 02:17:40 PM »
We're seeing it on Christmas Day, which makes this a traditional Jewish Christmas.... movie & Chinese food!  LOL   

Well we're not Jewish, but that's our plan too. We are alone that day. Kids are coming on Saturday. Finished cleaning the bath upstairs so now to take some pictures.

It's a stellar day here today. Clouds have finally broken for a bit, sunshine and at least 50 degrees. I got the doggies to go for a longer walk which was nice.

We didn't know it, but this neighborhood has a Christmas decorating contest every year. Terry won the top prize of Best Overall Display. He got a $50 visa gift card. There is a sign out in front of the house which will stay till after New Years. He is pretty excited about winning since there was no plan with this house. He just got stuff out and out it where he thought it should go.

Well, time to assemble my baking supplies. Later guys!

Offline MulchandMore

• View Profile
« Reply #11728 on: December 22, 2015, 11:37:44 PM »
Beautiful decorations on your house Terresa. We did some of our baking today, son wanted to take gingerbread cookies to treat at work tomorrow, We mixed, he cut and frosted, I baked to keep the flour off the oven handle :laugh: and husband did the clean-up! I started my normal sugar cookies(with sour cream in the recipe), but they haven't chilled quite enough to bake, I tried, what a gooey mess on the rolling pin :-\ They will do much better in the morning, but he'll have a few to take that I did do tonight.

I'll send Happy Holiday messages early to everyone (I know the days ahead will be filled with family and friends-or with peace and quiet). However you celebrate, enjoy this joyous season! I'll say Merry Christmas (since that's what we celebrate and I'm not sure of the spelling of the other holidays, so forgive me please)

Offline Larissa

• Reef Botanicals
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Reef Botanicals
« Reply #11729 on: December 23, 2015, 01:02:33 AM »
I'm so happy Terry won; I know he really wanted to!  Cool prize, too.