Author Topic: Rest In Peace Janelle  (Read 19983 times)

Offline JewelryGeek

• View Profile
    • The Jewelry Geek
Re: Rest In Peace Janelle
« Reply #30 on: March 21, 2011, 09:03:06 PM »
Oh my gosh this is absolutely horrible! My heart and prayers go out to heir families.

I am absolutely devastated by this and even more hurt for her family's sake to see the unnecessary comments on the news website... which come across to me as a personal attack. 

This forum is filled with wonderful people who have huge hearts and I can honestly say I am proud to be part of the HAF team. So when I see nasty comments like the ones on the website I have to tell myself there are probably 20+ (or more) positive comments about Janelle right here.

« Last Edit: March 21, 2011, 09:28:51 PM by JewelryGeek »

Offline MewesMountainArts

• View Profile
    • Mewes Mountain Arts
Rest In Peace Janelle
« Reply #31 on: March 21, 2011, 09:34:42 PM »
I'm very sorry to hear of this great loss! My prayers to everyone as they deal with this tragedy. She will be missed !!

Offline MewesMountainArts

• View Profile
    • Mewes Mountain Arts
Rest In Peace Janelle
« Reply #32 on: March 21, 2011, 09:36:10 PM »
I'm very sorry to hear of this great loss! My prayers to everyone as they deal with this tragedy. She will be missed !!

Offline LauraDaGoddess

• Saving the Planet One Accessory at a Time.
    • View Profile
    • Totally Unique Treasures
« Reply #33 on: March 21, 2011, 11:04:26 PM »
Such :( terrible news.  Jan and I also became fast on line friends.  My thoughts and prayers go out to her and her family.   :o I couldn't believe it when I read the e-mail either.  She and I had just done a really cool trade and she was a very talented recycle artist herself.  She will def be missed.  RIP Jan.   :( :( :(

Offline girliesbling

• Love making jewelry and Decorative painting
    • View Profile
    • Girlie's Bling & Things
« Reply #34 on: March 21, 2011, 11:16:17 PM »
I was absolutely devistated to hear this news.  I did not know her well, but I will absolutely miss her posts, her wonderful compliments she gives everyone and her beautiful sense of humor.  She really did come across as a beautiful lady inside and out.  My thoughts and prayers go out to her family and friends.  RIP sweet lady.  I will miss you a lot!!!  :(

Offline CassandrasCreations

• View Profile
    • My site
« Reply #35 on: March 22, 2011, 07:39:41 AM »
I haven't posted to this forum in quite awhile.  I met Janelle on here way back in the beginning and bonded with her then.  I'm deeply saddened over this tragedy.  She was a wonderful person that I know will be missed.

Offline twiddletoes

• View Profile
    • twiddletoes
« Reply #37 on: March 22, 2011, 10:01:15 AM »
I am so sorry to hear of this tragedy.  Janelle seemed such a kind, optimistic, grounded person with so many passions, and I'm so glad to have 'met' her.  I hope her family and friends are able to find some peace during this awful time and the months to follow.
« Last Edit: March 22, 2011, 10:05:03 AM by twiddletoes »
Stacy
See me on: flickr., etsy, blog

Offline ellesbeads

• View Profile
    • Elle's Beads
« Reply #38 on: March 22, 2011, 11:34:06 AM »
I didn't know her, but my heart goes out to her family during this difficult and painful time.

Offline Jeanne

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: March 22, 2011, 11:39:24 AM »
I am saddened by this horrific tragedy.  Janelle will be missed by me.  I kept in touch with her even though I don't post much anymore.  Hugs to all.

Jeanne

Offline chainmaille

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: March 22, 2011, 12:33:25 PM »
It's nice to see a few old members coming out the wood work. It's a shame that it takes a tragedy to do that, but that is how things go, I'm sure I'm the same way.
Donations have just broke the 200 dollar mark, I told Mike we would let donations go for the rest of the week. I am not going to list all the people that donated thus far, but I will say we have received donations from a buck to $25 bucks. It all adds up, with almost 2000 members I think we can do better so lets poly up to help the family even if it's a dollar.
2000 people giving a dollar is still more than 10 people giving 20 anyday.
I will send out one more news letter requesting donations tomorrow and cut off donations by the end of the week.
I have an address now to send the check to, so that part is taken care of.

I received another message from Mike, Janelle's brother today, he is just overcome with joy from the outreach that our little group has given him and their family. I believe that our prayers and words have sent him some joy in his hardship.

Once again I couldn't be happier with our response and unity as a group. You guys rock and Janelle would be proud and touched as well.

Offline speranzajewelry

• View Profile
    • Speranza Jewelry
« Reply #41 on: March 22, 2011, 01:01:57 PM »
I'm so very sad to hear this shocking news.  My thoughts and prayers go out to Janelle's family.

Offline BohemianGrove

• What fresh hell is this?
    • View Profile
    • Bohemian Grove
« Reply #42 on: March 22, 2011, 05:12:54 PM »
That is just so sad. My thoughts are with her family. :(

Offline trusk4u

• Handmade is always a journey of discovery!
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: March 22, 2011, 06:30:58 PM »
I am not going to list all the people that donated thus far, but I will say we have received donations from a buck to $25 bucks. It all adds up, with almost 2000 members I think we can do better so lets poly up to help the family even if it's a dollar.

I agree with Andrew. If each of you that has posted here so far donates $1, that would help out Jan's family so much. None of us has alot, but we can all manage to give $1 to help our friend.

Offline iKnitQuiltSew

• Global Moderator
  • ...one stitch at a time!
    • View Profile
    • i Knit Quilt Sew
« Reply #44 on: March 22, 2011, 06:45:32 PM »
I am not going to list all the people that donated thus far, but I will say we have received donations from a buck to $25 bucks. It all adds up, with almost 2000 members I think we can do better so lets poly up to help the family even if it's a dollar.

I agree with Andrew. If each of you that has posted here so far donates $1, that would help out Jan's family so much. None of us has alot, but we can all manage to give $1 to help our friend.

Me, three!  We can do this folks!  This is truly a situation where a little can go a very long way!