Linked Events

• HAF CHAT - Open Session!: November 18, 2010

Author Topic: HAF CHAT This Thursday 11/18/10  (Read 3588 times)

Offline iKnitQuiltSew

• Global Moderator
  • ...one stitch at a time!
    • View Profile
    • i Knit Quilt Sew
HAF CHAT This Thursday 11/18/10
« on: November 16, 2010, 10:24:16 AM »
This HAF Chat is an open session!  Come one, come all! 

Times are:

Pacific 5:30 PM
Mountain 6:30 PM
Central 7:30 PM
Eastern 8:30 PM

Here is a great time converter for people in other ares: http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/converted.html?month=10&day=27&year=2010&hour=18&min=0&sec=0&p1=220&p2=16

Offline MakinTheBest

• Administrator
  • Live everyday like you mean it!
    • View Profile
Re: HAF CHAT This Thursday 11/18/10
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2010, 11:47:03 AM »
Good old fashioned gab fest?  Love it!

Offline dahlish

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2010, 09:54:25 PM »
Yay I don't have piano this week so I can totally be there!  My first one!   :D

Offline gemlover

• Contributor
  • All that glitters is not gold!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2010, 11:21:45 PM »
I am getting back into the swing of things, not working my day job any more (terminal annual leave to retirement) so I have more time to devote to my love and passion (other than wife).  However, already commited to being at hospital Thursday for any emergency transfers to the downtown facility.
John Atwell Rasmussen, PhD, AJP
Lapidary, Gemologist, Geologist, Artisan Jeweler
email: john@rasmussengems.com

Offline SLPhotography

• View Profile
    • Siân Lister Photography
« Reply #4 on: November 18, 2010, 03:25:54 PM »
Out of interest; do you guys ever hold these chats earlier in the day? Just, the time you're hosting this particular one at, is at about 1am for me (am in the UK) haha! Just wondering if you always have them at the same time, as I'd love to get involved some day!

Offline iKnitQuiltSew

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • i Knit Quilt Sew
« Reply #5 on: November 18, 2010, 06:03:31 PM »
Out of interest; do you guys ever hold these chats earlier in the day? Just, the time you're hosting this particular one at, is at about 1am for me (am in the UK) haha! Just wondering if you always have them at the same time, as I'd love to get involved some day!

We are completely aware that HAF members are not all in the US.  We did hold a chat midday US time to work with our friends across the pond, and sadly, no one came!

There's absolutely NOTHING stopping us from having two chats a week, each in different time zones.  Would you be interested in being the chat mistress for HAF Chat Europe?

Offline dahlish

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 18, 2010, 09:52:32 PM »
I'm so sad I missed it!   :(  We went out to run errands and I totally lost track of time  :o

Offline SLPhotography

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 20, 2010, 11:02:06 AM »

We are completely aware that HAF members are not all in the US.  We did hold a chat midday US time to work with our friends across the pond, and sadly, no one came!

There's absolutely NOTHING stopping us from having two chats a week, each in different time zones.  Would you be interested in being the chat mistress for HAF Chat Europe?

Wow, I'd love to :) I'm very new here though, just to warn you! I'd love to though :)

Offline iKnitQuiltSew

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • i Knit Quilt Sew
« Reply #8 on: November 20, 2010, 11:17:00 AM »
That would be WONDERFUL!  All you need to do is go to the events calendar (scroll clear to the bottom of the page), click on a date, and fill in the boxes to schedule an event.  Choose to connect the event to a post and it will create a new topic for you, in which you can announce your time and day.  You can have a topic or an open session - completely up to you.  Any time in the next two weeks would be splendid, since I won't be scheduling any chats during that time.

Thank you SO MUCH for jumping in!  I've had a great time doing this and look forward to seeing more chats on the Forum!   :D

Offline SLPhotography

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 21, 2010, 03:22:22 AM »
That would be WONDERFUL!  All you need to do is go to the events calendar (scroll clear to the bottom of the page), click on a date, and fill in the boxes to schedule an event.  Choose to connect the event to a post and it will create a new topic for you, in which you can announce your time and day.  You can have a topic or an open session - completely up to you.  Any time in the next two weeks would be splendid, since I won't be scheduling any chats during that time.

Thank you SO MUCH for jumping in!  I've had a great time doing this and look forward to seeing more chats on the Forum!   :D

no problem :D Will be awesome to get involved! Thank you for making me feel so welcome :-*

Offline iKnitQuiltSew

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • i Knit Quilt Sew
« Reply #10 on: November 21, 2010, 08:49:09 AM »
Thank YOU for jumping in!!!!!