Author Topic: Vintage Hand-painted Shabby Chic Stand  (Read 2161 times)

Offline uienifer

• View Profile
Vintage Hand-painted Shabby Chic Stand
« on: October 11, 2010, 02:07:53 PM »
I was finally able to finish my next furniture rescue project over weekend - piece of furniture with unknown purpose. I believe it is some kind of entry way furniture but it can be anything:-) So lets name it just stand. Or anything you want.
Unfortunately I don't have picture 'before' but to let you imagine: it was dark brown scratched item that had its best years long time ago. The condition of the stand was not good at all.
Some stuff just do not listen to you, and when you start to work on it the picture in your mind never became true.  This piece is kind of. I had totally different imagination about what it will be. Color, decoration, everething is not that I plan. This furniture piece knew what it wanted to be and I just did what it told to me.

There are more pictures of it here http://uienifer.blogspot.com/2010/10/vintage-hand-painted-shabby-chic-stand.html

Offline Larissa

• Reef Botanicals
  • Global Moderator
  • Act well your part, there all the honour lies.
    • View Profile
    • Reef Botanicals
Re: Vintage Hand-painted Shabby Chic Stand
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2010, 08:30:27 PM »
Well, it may not be the way you pictured, but it came out beautiful!  I could see it being an entryway piece... that opening to the left might be for umbrellas?

JewelrybyNaLa

« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2010, 08:39:00 PM »
Wonderful work, it's just beautiful! And I think Larissa has a really great idea for that space to the side ...  :)

Offline uienifer

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2010, 10:52:31 PM »
Well, it may not be the way you pictured, but it came out beautiful!  I could see it being an entryway piece... that opening to the left might be for umbrellas?
Thanks!
 I suppose that it is some entryway furniture as well. But who knows the exact name for it? :)

Wonderful work, it's just beautiful! .....
Thank you!

Offline trusk4u

• Handmade is always a journey of discovery!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 26, 2010, 07:07:40 PM »
Beautiful!!
Aren't they called a "Hall Tree"?