Author Topic: It's Time To Tweet: Twitter Ring Guidelines  (Read 49806 times)

Offline lovely7designs

• View Profile
    • Lovely 7 Designs on Etsy
It's Time To Tweet: Twitter Ring Guidelines
« on: September 12, 2010, 06:20:57 AM »
Yes indeed, it's finally time.  The Twitter Ring is officially starting.  Excited?  Here is a rundown of your role as a participant.

Each Sunday, a new topic will be posted with the information for the 7 HAF Members that will be featured in that weeks Tweets.  Each topic will be clearly marked by date.

Over the course of that week, everyone who signed up to participate in the Twitter Ring is responsible for sending out 1 Tweet for each of the 7 HAF'ers on that week's list.

The original concept was 7 Featured Artists, 7 days in a week, 1 Tweet per day.  Quick, easy, done!  Right? 

NO!  Well, maybe. 

If that method works best for you, go for it.  We're all on different schedules.  Some of us have a specific portion of each day that we spend at our computers.  Others may be Tweeting from a Library or a Cafe.  All of us have vacations, craft shows, and other events that might prevent us from being able to make a mandatory "Daily Tweet". 

Maybe Wednesday is your free day, and you want to promote all 7 people on Wednesday.  Or maybe you only have free time during the weekend and split the 7 Tweets between Saturday and Sunday.  Or you may be a 1 Tweet a day kinda person. 

I know, I know, I'm beating it to death. 

This should be easy, fun, and stress-free for everyone involved.  As long as you send out 1 promotional Tweet for each of that week's 7 featured HAF'ers, you're fulfilling your role as a good citizen of HAF'ville.  All good citizens get rewarded with their very own week as a featured artist. 

Featured artists will also be expected to promote the other 6 members who are featured that week, post #7 should be promoting either the HAF Forum or the HAF Shop.

Keep an eye on sales, views, and analytics for your featured week to see how much buzz we're creating.  If anyone notices huge numbers or anything else of interest, please message me so I can dig in and figure out what worked.

I will be keeping an eye on things to make sure everyone is making an honest effort.  Don't worry, I'm way too busy to micromanage everyone's Tweets.  Just do your best and if you happen to miss a day, you can always promote the member you missed with an extra Tweet the next week. 

As long as we're spreading the word about the HAF Community and our amazingly talented members to a wider audience, we're running a successful promotion.

If you haven't already followed everyone on the Twitter Ring Participant List in the previous topic and checked out my Twitter Tutorial, please do so. 

As for the content of your Tweets, be original, be creative.  Take a look at the shop, blog, or page you're promoting and tell your followers something unique, or special that will get them to click that link and see what's so exciting on the other end.

Simply Tweeting a name and a link that you've copied and pasted with no added details or effort on your part is not fair to the other artists in the group. 

Retweeting someone else's Tweet is something we should avoid for the simple reason that we want everyone's diverse viewpoint on each artist. 

We don't want to flood Twitter with 40 of the exact same Tweet and be ignored, or worse, give the impression that HAF'ers aren't the amazingly creative, incredibly hardworking group of individuals that give their time, talent, and spirit every day to make HAF the PREMIER online community for all things handmade.

Finally, the #1 Most Important "Rule":  The hashtag #HAF must be included somewhere in each Tweet for the Twitter Ring.  It's the only way Andrew and I can keep tabs on things to make sure the promotion is going smoothly.

Please PM me with any questions or concerns that you have and I will be happy to help.

Many Thanks For Your Time And Commitment,
-Emma

Offline raven333

• Stuck behind computer dreaming about art....
    • View Profile
    • Fiber Felter
Re: It's Time To Tweet: Twitter Ring Guidelines
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2010, 04:45:53 PM »
Don't know how I missed this but please count me in.
Thanks,
Libby White
http://raven333.etsy.com
http://www.fiberartisttoo.blogspot.com
« Last Edit: September 13, 2010, 04:49:04 PM by raven333 »
Libby
http://raven333.etsy.com
From Sheep to Shawl

Offline TheChainMailleLady

• Busy Weaving Silver!
    • View Profile
    • Quality Jewelry Designs by The ChainMaille Lady
« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2010, 09:37:56 PM »
I'm in if there is still room??
~Lauren~
The ChainMaille LadyÔ
http://www.TheChainMailleLady.etsy.com
http://www.twitter.com/ChainMailleLady
http://www.TheChainMailleLady.blogspot.com
http://www.facebook.com/TheChainMailleLady.com
°º©©º°¨¨°º©©º°¨¨¨°º©©º°¨¨¨°º©©º°¨¨¨°º©©º°

Offline Betty Black Sheep

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2010, 07:49:13 AM »
I'll be happy to tweet people

Offline lovely7designs

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 14, 2010, 07:58:07 AM »
I will add you all to the list before next week's posts go up.  feel free to start tweeting this week's 7 featured members.

Anyone Else? 

You know you wanna.

All the cool kids are doing it....
 ;) :evil: ::)

Offline lovely7designs

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 14, 2010, 08:20:00 AM »
There have been revisions to TWO of this week's featured artists, c.maille & elena adams. 

Their to promotes should be

http://www.elena-adams.com
http://www.etsy.com/shop/cmaille

PLEASE ADJUST YOUR SCHEDULED TWEETS TO REFLECT THIS.  Sorry for the mix up.

Happy Tweeting!

Offline cMaille

• Crescent Maille :: Chain Maille's Rennaissance
    • View Profile
    • Crescent Maille ~ Contemporary Handcrafted Chain Maille Jewelry
« Reply #6 on: September 17, 2010, 12:41:16 PM »
Sadly, we're getting mixed in with the other #HAF crowd, who now seem to be reveling in our "ignorance":

http://twitter.com/BiGDADDYNiNA/statuses/24704023408

Offline RipeDesigns

• View Profile
    • Ripe Designs on Etsy
« Reply #7 on: September 17, 2010, 01:15:09 PM »
Sadly, we're getting mixed in with the other #HAF crowd, who now seem to be reveling in our "ignorance":

http://twitter.com/BiGDADDYNiNA/statuses/24704023408

I dug into their tweets...and I don't get it. Do we need to change our hashtag?

Offline cMaille

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 17, 2010, 02:39:06 PM »
It means "high as f*&k" — stoned. Or, a lot of people (or one person with many accounts) advertising High Air Flow computer cases (e.g., Cooler Master HAF 932 High Air Flow ATX Full Tower Case).

Offline cMaille

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 17, 2010, 03:17:36 PM »
#HAFring ? Or is that advertising the covert operations of the ring?

Offline RipeDesigns

• View Profile
    • Ripe Designs on Etsy
« Reply #10 on: September 17, 2010, 04:13:07 PM »
Looks like there's no one else using that tag. Sounds good to me.

Edit - I went ahead and tweeted mine using #HAFring today.

Offline cMaille

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 17, 2010, 05:43:33 PM »
Oh — I'm not here in any official capacity, this decision has to be made by lovely7designs or someone else in charge! I was just making a note of it, and a suggestion. I really have say whatsoever....

Looks like there's no one else using that tag. Sounds good to me.

Edit - I went ahead and tweeted mine using #HAFring today.

Offline chainmaille

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 17, 2010, 06:36:18 PM »
If you google HAF you come up with a whole bunch of crap. The way I look at is just like our personal site we use MBOI but there is some person in Africa and some aids thing. So be it I'm not changing MBOI because that is who we are.

Same thing with HAF we used HAF because it was a logical shortening for our site. But there are a ton of other sites or companies that use that as well. I don't know if your going to be able to get away from it. My thoughts are that the larger we become over time and the more we use the #HAF tag the more relevant it will be.

The tag #ETSY was meaningless 6 years ago or so. Now it has meaning.
I think you can say that about any tag.
Regardless those are my feelings. I'm going to continue to use the tags I've been using #HAF #HAFteam #HAFshop #HAFguild
Like I said keep using them and they will override the others.
My 2 cents

Offline cMaille

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 17, 2010, 06:54:05 PM »
Andrew, I agree. I surely didn't mean to start anything, and feel badly now I said anything it all. It mostly struck me as funny to see those tweets mixed in and the one in particular that I listed the link to. I didn't think that it would cause any movement to change. It doesn't bother me. My "sadly" was a turn-of-phrase.

If you google HAF you come up with a whole bunch of crap. The way I look at is just like our personal site we use MBOI but there is some person in Africa and some aids thing. So be it I'm not changing MBOI because that is who we are.

Same thing with HAF we used HAF because it was a logical shortening for our site. But there are a ton of other sites or companies that use that as well. I don't know if your going to be able to get away from it. My thoughts are that the larger we become over time and the more we use the #HAF tag the more relevant it will be.

The tag #ETSY was meaningless 6 years ago or so. Now it has meaning.
I think you can say that about any tag.
Regardless those are my feelings. I'm going to continue to use the tags I've been using #HAF #HAFteam #HAFshop #HAFguild
Like I said keep using them and they will override the others.
My 2 cents

Offline chainmaille

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 17, 2010, 07:08:47 PM »
You have absolutely no reason to feel bad at all, I'm glad you pointed it out. I really do respect your opinion.

It's funny because I'm not really good at giving my opinions. My wife refers to me as a bull in a china closet. I steam in, say my peace and move on. I really need to continue to improve the way I say things.

The good thing about it though is that, everyone knows exactly where the stand with me. I pull no punches and waste no words, it has been good and bad for me in my life.

So please don't feel bad I just don't know how to go to that level. My wife is the opposite in that respect. She can be crying her eyes our at a funeral and walk into a wedding and smile in the blink of an eye.
My feelings stay right on my skin and tact is not my strong suite.
continuing to work on my shortcomings :D