Author Topic: Does Anyone Do Machine Quilting?  (Read 2907 times)

Offline jewelrybyjanelle50

• View Profile
Does Anyone Do Machine Quilting?
« on: September 08, 2010, 12:38:14 PM »
I am wanting to make my nephew a quilt out of denim, like a nine patch, in varying shades of denim, and back it with ticking. I am thinking that hand quilting would be nyon to impossible for me to do, so I am wondering if I should use a large pattern that would be fairly simple to machine quilt. Any suggestions on which quilting pattern to use? How large should my machine stitches be? Or would it be better, in this case with the demin, to just tie it off with navy or red yarn? Any tips for pinning while stitching?

It has been a very long time since I made a quilt, and then it was a very small one for a baby. My machine stitching got the fabrics off center so I never really completed it. I need all the help I can get, and thanks in advance!

Offline Larissa

• Reef Botanicals
  • Global Moderator
  • Act well your part, there all the honour lies.
    • View Profile
    • Reef Botanicals
Re: Does Anyone Do Machine Quilting?
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2010, 01:41:20 PM »
Ugh, I wish I was set up and started so I could help.  I got those two intro quilt kits and will be doing them on the machine, but this place is still a shambles so the sewing machine is in its box in the closet.  I can't even get to my sewing table right now.

Offline jewelrybyjanelle50

• View Profile
Re: Does Anyone Do Machine Quilting?
« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2010, 06:57:12 PM »
Ugh, I wish I was set up and started so I could help.  I got those two intro quilt kits and will be doing them on the machine, but this place is still a shambles so the sewing machine is in its box in the closet.  I can't even get to my sewing table right now.

Understood, believe me!  ;)