Author Topic: Blurking  (Read 5045 times)

Offline CraftedRoots

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Blurking
« on: July 13, 2010, 11:21:50 AM »
Hey ya'll! I read a great article on why you should not be a "blurker" (blog lurker), and what you can do if you are a blurker. :) A great reminder for all of us!

http://onthedotcreations.typepad.com/fine_tooth_comb/2010/07/blog-lurking-small-biz.html

Offline chainmaille

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Blurking
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2010, 12:07:52 PM »
She makes some good points. That what drives me crazy on the HAFblog. Try to feature people and get few comments, its not helping the readers or the blog. We even opened the blog up so people could post their own posts as well as the community aspect and it is just not getting a lot of attention. Can't figure it out. I do lurk other places so I can't say to much.

Offline Larissa

• Reef Botanicals
  • Global Moderator
  • Act well your part, there all the honour lies.
    • View Profile
    • Reef Botanicals
« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2010, 08:25:38 PM »
When you click on any HAF Blog post, at the bottom there shows a big empty box with "Leave a Comment" above it.  It doesn't get much more inviting than that.

Offline CC

• 21st Century Bohemian Bead Art
    • View Profile
    • Saorsa Studio of Beads
« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2010, 04:00:38 PM »
totally guilty... new to blogging,  can't figure out HOW to comment (some are hidden...others too many requirements to bother, etc.), and good lord...how many can you HAVE...lol  Nice article tho.  I commented on it.  ;)

Offline NiaRae

• View Profile
    • Strings 'n' tings
« Reply #4 on: July 17, 2010, 12:08:51 PM »
Great info, thank you for sharing this! I don't read blogs too much, but when I do I'll definitely remember to comment next time :)

Offline ellesbeads

• View Profile
    • Elle's Beads
« Reply #5 on: July 30, 2010, 09:11:31 PM »
I really need to do better about this.  I just get discouraged sometimes when the blog owner doesn't even seem to acknowledge anyone's comments.  Right now, my blog is small enough that I can still respond to each comment individually.  I've got my work cut out for me as far as commenting on other people's blogs.  Thanks for the encouraging article.
« Last Edit: July 30, 2010, 10:13:43 PM by ellesbeads »