Author Topic: HAF Pets  (Read 22285 times)

MrsWTownsend

Re: HAF Pets
« Reply #30 on: May 14, 2010, 09:19:09 PM »
I told you my pets would inundate this thread if I posted them...  Let's just say, I have forced myself to stop getting reptiles.  Mostly due to lack of space for all of the enclosures...

Offline twiddletoes

• View Profile
    • twiddletoes
« Reply #31 on: May 15, 2010, 12:30:09 AM »
Love all of these pet pics -- especially the cold-blooded critters!  I only have one cold-blooded critter and he's currently sitting next to me on the couch dropping spaghetti noodles into his mouth.  Very refined!

I've got two g. pigs, but here's my bad girl:

And the very affectionate old lady:
Stacy
See me on: flickr., etsy, blog

JewelrybyNaLa

« Reply #32 on: May 15, 2010, 11:01:41 AM »
Love all of these pet pics -- especially the cold-blooded critters!  I only have one cold-blooded critter and he's currently sitting next to me on the couch dropping spaghetti noodles into his mouth.  Very refined!

ROFL, good visual, Stacy!  ;D

I love your little guys, and I'm kinda relieved to see furry creatures of the four legged kind again ... no offense to your eight legged friend, Gina.  ;)

MrsWTownsend

« Reply #33 on: May 15, 2010, 12:44:11 PM »
It's all good NaLa~ to each his or her own.  ;)

Offline LTDBeads

• View Profile
    • LTD Beads
« Reply #34 on: May 15, 2010, 11:40:17 PM »
Well, Crimson isn't actually mine (don't tell him that), but he is my pet project.

Online Larissa

• Reef Botanicals
  • Global Moderator
  • Act well your part, there all the honour lies.
    • View Profile
    • Reef Botanicals
« Reply #35 on: May 17, 2010, 12:14:59 AM »
Wow, beautiful!

Offline Dragonclaw

• DRAGONCLAW STUDIOS free-form, organic wearable art
    • View Profile
    • DRAGONCLAW STUDIOS
« Reply #36 on: May 19, 2010, 12:16:01 PM »
Ok these guys are too cute (even Mrs Townsends critters) tho I wouldn't own most of hers :P
 Here are my kids

This is Calypso, a Newfoundland mix, about 9 years old. He is a foundling that my sister adopted. The first time I saw him I knew he would be mine someday... so when my sis told me she had to give him up, I drove to california to get him... I've had him in my life for about 7 years.

Introducing her Royal Highness;
Thistle, doing what she does best.. (when she is not demanding that I let her in or out of the house) Ahhh the life of a cat butler (sigh)... that is the dogs bed she has taken over.

This is Tater;  he is my roomates dog and even tho the pic makes him look mean, he is just a very! very! active (and sweet) dog... so it's hard to get a pic of him sitting still...

Online Larissa

• Reef Botanicals
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Reef Botanicals
« Reply #37 on: May 19, 2010, 01:18:06 PM »
Oh man, I love newfies!  Tater looks like 1/2 pit, 1/2 vizsla.  Am I close?

JewelrybyNaLa

« Reply #38 on: May 19, 2010, 02:27:26 PM »
I love the names you chose for your babies, Matt, especially Tater!

MrsWTownsend

« Reply #39 on: May 19, 2010, 09:15:51 PM »
Crimson is beautiful!!!!!!!!!!!

I love Calypso~ I can see that is a special dog.

I love them all~ animals ROCK!!!  I think the super fluffy kitty on the patio table is soooo cute!

Offline Dragonclaw

• DRAGONCLAW STUDIOS free-form, organic wearable art
    • View Profile
    • DRAGONCLAW STUDIOS
« Reply #40 on: May 19, 2010, 10:40:24 PM »
Oh man, I love newfies!  Tater looks like 1/2 pit, 1/2 vizsla.  Am I close?
I'm not too sure exactly what the breed mix Tater is, but he is about half the size of a normal pit (I just call him a pocket pit)

I love the names you chose for your babies, Matt, especially Tater!
He is my roomies dog, and his original name was Gator, but my roomie didn't like that so "Tater" it is. My roomie is an advocate for the local womans shelter and Tater was abandoned by her owner while escaping from an abusive husband who threatened to destroy the dog if she left it there...
Calypso came to me with his name, and Thistle told me her name when I picked her up to decide whether I wanted her or one of her brothers... she dug her claws into my shirt, and said "my name is Thistle" and I was supposed to take care of her :-*

Online Larissa

• Reef Botanicals
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Reef Botanicals
« Reply #41 on: May 19, 2010, 11:19:48 PM »
Thistle told me her name when I picked her up to decide whether I wanted her or one of her brothers... she dug her claws into my shirt, and said "my name is Thistle" and I was supposed to take care of her :-*

Hunter didn't tell me his name, but he told me he was mine the same way.  I went to the shelter and was playing with all the cats & kittens, and when I went to hand Hunter off to my boyfriend at the time, he dug his claws into my shirt and wouldn't let go.  So he came home with me.

Online Larissa

• Reef Botanicals
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Reef Botanicals
« Reply #42 on: May 24, 2010, 02:13:27 PM »
Our cats are weird.  I just wanted to point that out.  Catimus (the girl) is constantly finding places to burrow:

And the boys have appropriated one of my stuffed animals.  The funny thing is that this particular stuffed animal is one that my sister bought me years ago because it looked a little like Meg (the dog).  It looks so terrible because it's been through the wash.

Offline MakinTheBestOfIt

• Administrator
  • Live everyday like you mean it!
    • View Profile
    • Makin The Best Of It
« Reply #43 on: May 24, 2010, 02:35:15 PM »
They aren't weird...they have personality.  Our dog "talks" or howls if I am on the phone and sitting down...not standing up and on the phone, only if I am sitting.

Online Larissa

• Reef Botanicals
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Reef Botanicals
« Reply #44 on: May 24, 2010, 02:36:43 PM »
Ooooooh, they definitely have personality!  Four very distinct personalities are owned by the furry "kids" in this house.