Author Topic: HAF Pets  (Read 51718 times)

Offline Larissa

• Reef Botanicals
  • Global Moderator
  • Act well your part, there all the honour lies.
    • View Profile
    • Reef Botanicals
Re: HAF Pets
« Reply #30 on: May 17, 2010, 12:14:59 AM »
Wow, beautiful!

Offline Dragonclaw

• DRAGONCLAW STUDIOS free-form, organic wearable art
    • View Profile
    • DRAGONCLAW STUDIOS
« Reply #31 on: May 19, 2010, 12:16:01 PM »
Ok these guys are too cute (even Mrs Townsends critters) tho I wouldn't own most of hers :P
 Here are my kids

This is Calypso, a Newfoundland mix, about 9 years old. He is a foundling that my sister adopted. The first time I saw him I knew he would be mine someday... so when my sis told me she had to give him up, I drove to california to get him... I've had him in my life for about 7 years.

Introducing her Royal Highness;
Thistle, doing what she does best.. (when she is not demanding that I let her in or out of the house) Ahhh the life of a cat butler (sigh)... that is the dogs bed she has taken over.

This is Tater;  he is my roomates dog and even tho the pic makes him look mean, he is just a very! very! active (and sweet) dog... so it's hard to get a pic of him sitting still...

Offline Larissa

• Reef Botanicals
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Reef Botanicals
« Reply #32 on: May 19, 2010, 01:18:06 PM »
Oh man, I love newfies!  Tater looks like 1/2 pit, 1/2 vizsla.  Am I close?

JewelrybyNaLa

« Reply #33 on: May 19, 2010, 02:27:26 PM »
I love the names you chose for your babies, Matt, especially Tater!

MrsWTownsend

« Reply #34 on: May 19, 2010, 09:15:51 PM »
Crimson is beautiful!!!!!!!!!!!

I love Calypso~ I can see that is a special dog.

I love them all~ animals ROCK!!!  I think the super fluffy kitty on the patio table is soooo cute!

Offline Dragonclaw

• DRAGONCLAW STUDIOS free-form, organic wearable art
    • View Profile
    • DRAGONCLAW STUDIOS
« Reply #35 on: May 19, 2010, 10:40:24 PM »
Oh man, I love newfies!  Tater looks like 1/2 pit, 1/2 vizsla.  Am I close?
I'm not too sure exactly what the breed mix Tater is, but he is about half the size of a normal pit (I just call him a pocket pit)

I love the names you chose for your babies, Matt, especially Tater!
He is my roomies dog, and his original name was Gator, but my roomie didn't like that so "Tater" it is. My roomie is an advocate for the local womans shelter and Tater was abandoned by her owner while escaping from an abusive husband who threatened to destroy the dog if she left it there...
Calypso came to me with his name, and Thistle told me her name when I picked her up to decide whether I wanted her or one of her brothers... she dug her claws into my shirt, and said "my name is Thistle" and I was supposed to take care of her :-*

Offline Larissa

• Reef Botanicals
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Reef Botanicals
« Reply #36 on: May 19, 2010, 11:19:48 PM »
Thistle told me her name when I picked her up to decide whether I wanted her or one of her brothers... she dug her claws into my shirt, and said "my name is Thistle" and I was supposed to take care of her :-*

Hunter didn't tell me his name, but he told me he was mine the same way.  I went to the shelter and was playing with all the cats & kittens, and when I went to hand Hunter off to my boyfriend at the time, he dug his claws into my shirt and wouldn't let go.  So he came home with me.

Offline Larissa

• Reef Botanicals
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Reef Botanicals
« Reply #37 on: May 24, 2010, 02:13:27 PM »
Our cats are weird.  I just wanted to point that out.  Catimus (the girl) is constantly finding places to burrow:

And the boys have appropriated one of my stuffed animals.  The funny thing is that this particular stuffed animal is one that my sister bought me years ago because it looked a little like Meg (the dog).  It looks so terrible because it's been through the wash.

Offline MakinTheBest

• Administrator
  • Live everyday like you mean it!
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: May 24, 2010, 02:35:15 PM »
They aren't weird...they have personality.  Our dog "talks" or howls if I am on the phone and sitting down...not standing up and on the phone, only if I am sitting.

Offline Larissa

• Reef Botanicals
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Reef Botanicals
« Reply #39 on: May 24, 2010, 02:36:43 PM »
Ooooooh, they definitely have personality!  Four very distinct personalities are owned by the furry "kids" in this house.

JewelrybyNaLa

« Reply #40 on: May 24, 2010, 05:36:03 PM »
... she dug her claws into my shirt, and said "my name is Thistle" and I was supposed to take care of her

Hunter didn't tell me his name, but he told me he was mine the same way.  I went to the shelter and was playing with all the cats & kittens, and when I went to hand Hunter off to my boyfriend at the time, he dug his claws into my shirt and wouldn't let go.  So he came home with me.

Mo picked us out much the same way. I'm not allowed in shelters because I would want many more animals than we could handle, so my husband and father went to pick out a cat for me a few months after our Kisa passed away.

My husband told the lady at the shelter they were looking for a kitten, and the crafty lady led them through the adult cat cages first. There in the room, she let a few of the cats out of their cages. My husband said he had never seen so many gorgeous cats in one room before. My 80 something year old father sat on the floor, and seconds later, Mo crawled up into his lap and nestled down good. My father looked at my husband and said that was the cat I would want.

She never sat in my dad's lap again after we got her home, and for the first several months, she wouldn't have anything to do with our laps, either. Slowly but surely, we won her over and she's a world class lap sitter now.

Just goes to show you that cats are crafty. They adopt us, we don't adopt them.
Kisa

Mosi

Offline Larissa

• Reef Botanicals
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Reef Botanicals
« Reply #41 on: May 24, 2010, 05:57:04 PM »
Just goes to show you that cats are crafty. They adopt us, we don't adopt them.

That's what I was told when I was planning to go to the shelter to get a cat, and had no idea what people were talking about... 'til I met Hunter.  Now Eric's cats have adopted me too.

JewelrybyNaLa

« Reply #42 on: May 24, 2010, 08:54:13 PM »
Thanks Joan. Our calico, Kisa, was awesomely beautiful and such a lady.

Our little Mo is a cute little rascal, and as you can see from her size, she's just a tad on the lazy side. We feed her just 1/4 cup of dry food twice a day, and she's just as roly poly as all get out. We can exhaust ourselves trying to play with her, and the most we can get out of her is a couple of placating swats at a toy and that's it--she's done. I think she could benefit from having another cat around, but we can't afford to have two, so we have to keep trying to "think like a cat" and engage her in some sort of play.

She probably gets a really good kitty chuckle out of seeing us running around knocking ourselves out trying to interest her in a little exercise ...  ;D

Offline lisianblue

• View Profile
    • lisianblue
« Reply #43 on: May 28, 2010, 02:48:33 AM »
They aren't weird...they have personality.  Our dog "talks" or howls if I am on the phone and sitting down...not standing up and on the phone, only if I am sitting.
That's funny!!!

Pretty kitties Larrisa! love that one snuggling under the covers!

My Jazz Cat 10 yr old half Maine Coone he and his brother Blue (lost for 3 yrs now) are grandsons of 2 cats we had when my kids were young and we had their grandparents - then their mother was given to a friend who had a male Maine Coone they were born on my daughter's birthday same year my grandson was born - sort of extra special kitties!
Blue was actually named for his color - and sort of the music - and Jazz because when he was little he was a sort of hyper. Wouldn't know it now though!
the sweet face of Jazz

Jazz doing what he does best!

When Jazz does manage to play it's usually with hair ties, the rings from milk bottles or maybe the feather tied to a string - he'll actually play fetch with me with the hair ties and bring them back to me for at least 3 or 4 throws now and then!

and 10 yr old Tweet Tweet - I just inherited her last month (not responsible for her name!)

Jazz sometimes like to hang out here:

I put a piece of cardboard on top so now Miss Tweet Tweet doesn't get so freaked out when he hangs out on the cage!
Kris 
"Art is not a handicraft, it is the transmission of feeling the artist has experienced."  Leo Tolstoy 

http://handmadeartists.com/shop/reflections
http://handmadeartistsshop.com/shop/lisianblue

http://twitter.com/lisianblue
http://lisianblue.blogspot.com

Offline Larissa

• Reef Botanicals
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Reef Botanicals
« Reply #44 on: May 28, 2010, 02:44:46 PM »
Jazz is gorgeous!  Love the parakeet too; I used to have some when I was a kid.