Author Topic: HAF Pets  (Read 22241 times)

JewelrybyNaLa

Re: HAF Pets
« Reply #15 on: May 11, 2010, 02:10:56 PM »
You guys are absolutely melting my heart with all these little cuties. I wanna hug 'em all!!!

Offline chainmaille

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 11, 2010, 06:55:21 PM »

Look at all those supplies nicely and neatly arranged. Did you leave anything at the store or just bring it all home ;D

Offline Larissa

• Reef Botanicals
  • Global Moderator
  • Act well your part, there all the honour lies.
    • View Profile
    • Reef Botanicals
« Reply #17 on: May 11, 2010, 11:23:04 PM »
I love kitten paws!

JewelrybyNaLa

« Reply #19 on: May 12, 2010, 05:45:16 PM »
Look at all those supplies nicely and neatly arranged. Did you leave anything at the store or just bring it all home

These are all the beads I've collected since I began making jewelry a few years ago, and you're right, I have way too many of them. When I first started making jewelry, I thought I had to have so much more inventory at craft shows than I actually needed or could sell. I've taken lots of my original collection apart since those early days, and back into the containers the beads went.

I figure all I need are dozens and dozens of eager customers waiting to buy each and every thing I make, and maybe I could empty a container or two ...  ;D

Offline aimeesrockworks

• View Profile
    • Aimee's Rock Works
« Reply #20 on: May 13, 2010, 11:37:38 AM »
Wedge... he works hard for the money.

MrsWTownsend

« Reply #22 on: May 13, 2010, 01:04:37 PM »
Amber, Columbian Red Tail Boa

Malice, Sumatran Blood Python

Oscar the Grouch, Indonesian Blue Tongue skink

Mr. Krinkle, Crested Gecko

Ghost Monkey, Crested Gecko

Duke, Flappy Eared Hound Dog (Ridgeless Rhodesian Ridgeback)

Princess Ginger Muffin of the Sock Clan, Golden Lab

[Frick & Frack the little heathens]  Black one is Shadow, Lab/Chow, Tan one is Honey Bear, Chow Chow

Bonzai, Gargoyle Gecko

Naga, Brazilian Rainbow Boa

No name little froglet~ African Pyxie Frog
No name, Singapore Blue tarantula

Sticky Toes, Tokay Gecko

Ophelia, Tri-color Hognose

Hamlet, Tri-color Hognose

Moose, Red Eared Slider

Edward Scissor Turtle, Red Eared Slider

I don't have decent pics for my leachies, African Fat Tailed geckos or my Leopard geckos so they are not here
« Last Edit: May 14, 2010, 12:32:01 PM by MrsWTownsend »

Offline Larissa

• Reef Botanicals
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Reef Botanicals
« Reply #23 on: May 13, 2010, 04:10:23 PM »
Aaaaaaaaaaaaaah,  you had to do a big hairy CLOSE UP of the tarantula?!  Aaaaaaaaaaaaaah!

I love, love, love the rest, though!  And what's the guy hanging from the shower curtain rod?  He almost has a Cayman face, except not as vicious looking.  And the little orange guy on the rock?  What's he?  I like him too.  And the colors of that snake on the scale!

I'd better stop or I'll just be raving about all of them.

JewelrybyNaLa

« Reply #24 on: May 13, 2010, 05:25:02 PM »
I used to work in the reptile house at Brookfield Zoo, and let me tell you Gina, I'm totally impressed at how healthy all your reptiles look. So many people try to keep them and kill them because they don't bother to learn what they need. You've obviously done your research and practice good, healthy reptile care.

I used to have poisonous snakes and Brazilian cockroaches on my run at the zoo and got up close and personal with all of them, but the one creature that made me break out into a cold sweat each time I opened its cage was a tarantula that was off display and behind the scenes. Poor little thing, he never did anything to deserve my fear and loathing, he never even moved one time when I was near him, but he freaked me out anyway. My Mother was always afraid of spiders and  passed that little phobia on to me, but I have an undying love and appreciation of all creatures great and small ... I just don't want to be face to face with a few of them. ;)
« Last Edit: May 13, 2010, 07:08:27 PM by JewelrybyNaLa »

Offline Larissa

• Reef Botanicals
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Reef Botanicals
« Reply #25 on: May 13, 2010, 05:28:44 PM »
My Mother was always afraid of spiders and  passed that little phobia on to me

Same place I got my fear!  (my mom, though, not yours)

And yeah, I hate it that people buy so many reptiles thinking they're "easy" just because they don't need a litterbox or leash, and then don't care for them properly.

My sister's got a bearded dragon that's the healthiest one most vets have seen (she's a vet herself) because she cares for it properly.

Offline LTDBeads

• View Profile
    • LTD Beads
« Reply #26 on: May 13, 2010, 10:12:35 PM »
Gina, you've got your own personal zoo! Could you please tell us what they are? (And I'm with Larissa, it's fine to skip the big hairy spider.) But all the rest ... what ARE those snakes? And the orange ... oh, please, would you identify all of them?

MrsWTownsend

« Reply #27 on: May 14, 2010, 12:39:22 PM »
I have gone back and edited in details.

Older pictures of my Leachies~ they are much larger now...

Older pictures of my African Fat Tailed Geckos

Amelanistic, born with stumpy tails (I got them for free for this reason).  Because this is a birth defect they will not regenerate their tails.

Walter~ Normal Fat Tailed Gecko

Older pictures of my Leopard Geckos

Pearl~

No name yet~ lost it's tail so I got it for free also (they regenerate their tails over time if they drop them but they do not grow back with the original coloration and patterning)  Same breeder as the Amel Fatties

They are all larger now...
« Last Edit: May 14, 2010, 08:12:15 PM by MrsWTownsend »

Offline LTDBeads

• View Profile
    • LTD Beads
« Reply #28 on: May 14, 2010, 07:36:34 PM »
Gina, thanks for the IDs. Naga's pattern and colors are awesome; and the Sumatran Blood Python's, too. I don't recall ever seeing either of these in any of my zoo visits. Not meaning to slight the others, but these two stand out for me.

Offline chainmaille

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 14, 2010, 08:12:36 PM »
MrsWTownsend you are freaking me out. Is your house animal kingdom? ;D