Author Topic: 1200 hits in less than 24 hours.  (Read 3307 times)

Offline eyecandychainmaille

• View Profile
1200 hits in less than 24 hours.
« on: April 28, 2010, 08:15:03 PM »
Hello!~  I hope everyone is doing well.  I wanted to let everyone now about a couple of things that have been happening lately.

After a bit of a break for personal reasons I am back promoting and working.  Today I got 1200 hits by 9PM.  Now that is not just from my own promoting.  I do that on Twitter and Facebook, but I also have some help from friends who RT and of course Andrew and Kimberley and their posts.

Now among the questions you should be asking yourself is how, without sitting at the puter all day long, that I got that many hits.  Well, I use Social Oomph.  Its a great tool for folks like us because it allows you to schedule posts are various times during the day. 

I know, there are lots of twitter tools like this, but Social Oomph has a cool feature that allows you to just load up your tweets into a queue and forget about it... at least until the queue is empty.  It works great and dribbles the tweets.. and facebook and some other social network postings. 

Try it, I think you will like it.

All Blessings,
Candy

Offline chainmaille

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: 1200 hits in less than 24 hours.
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2010, 08:21:36 PM »
Congrats!
I use Social Omph (sp?)as well.

JewelrybyNaLa

« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2010, 10:41:29 PM »
Am I missing the link here?

And before you say it Andrew, I didn't say I was the missing link!!  ;D

Offline Larissa

• Reef Botanicals
  • Global Moderator
  • Act well your part, there all the honour lies.
    • View Profile
    • Reef Botanicals
« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2010, 12:07:01 AM »
That's an awesome thing to know about!  And yeah... link?

Offline MakinTheBest

• Administrator
  • Live everyday like you mean it!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 29, 2010, 05:31:26 AM »
Social oomph is here https://www.socialoomph.com/ .  I don't use it as much as it can be used, but I do use it for twitter and schedule tweets a couple of hours apart throughout the day when I am tweeting shop items and forum threads.  It is nice because those come up automatically and then I can just chat with people without trying to remember if I did a shop page recently.

JewelrybyNaLa

« Reply #5 on: April 29, 2010, 09:56:21 AM »
So, the only social media accounts you can use for free with this site is Twitter and StatusNet (whatever that is)?

I tried to add Facebook, but that one required me to be a "Professional" user.

Offline chainmaille

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 29, 2010, 10:01:50 AM »
I only use ti for twitter. You can tie your facebook into you twitter on facebook itself. So I wouldn't try to use it for facebook anyway as it would be duplicating messages. Unless you are putting in different messages for facebook. I just go to facebook to post there.

JewelrybyNaLa

« Reply #7 on: April 29, 2010, 10:11:02 AM »
I do have my Facebook and Twitter accounts linked together, and that does save me a step.

Since I already have to type the message on Facebook, and what I type changes everyday, how will Social Oomph offer an added benefit?

How do you guys do the shop of the day thing? Right now, I'm doing it manually everyday, but if I could copy and paste a month's worth of shops and schedule them to go out one a day, that would be great ...

Offline chainmaille

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 29, 2010, 10:15:06 AM »
I use it for scheduling tweets in advance. That's It. you can sit down and scheduled tweets for the day and walk away. They automatically post at the time you scheduled them.
That is all I use it for.

MrsWTownsend

« Reply #9 on: April 29, 2010, 12:03:49 PM »
This is a cool thread~ thanks for the tip Candy!  Congratulations on your promotional success too!

Offline trusk4u

• Handmade is always a journey of discovery!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 29, 2010, 03:14:05 PM »
I'll have to check this social oomph place. I've been using Hootsuite. You can schedule tweets way ahead. It shows the home feed, when you've been mentioned, pending tweets and what tweets you have sent.
I like it a lot. ;D

http://hootsuite.com
« Last Edit: April 29, 2010, 03:19:53 PM by trusk4u »

Offline eyecandychainmaille

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 29, 2010, 04:12:52 PM »
Hi Everyone!  I am currently using the free trial.  I will be paying for it, since I do find it soooo wonderfully convenient to post to Twitter and Facebook when I am not feeling well, when I am at my many doc appt, when I need to attend to my son, when.....

I do participate on FB and Twitter in between all the nonsense and when I am working, so it is not only a case of spamming the networks.  I am considering getting on StatusNet and from what I understand, Social Oomph is planning to keep adding to the networks it updates.

I schedule things and honestly, I use the same posts.  I also add new ones and rewrite to old ones from time to time.  One of the best things about scheduling is being able to post when I am not around or am sleeping.  Like anything else, it is a tool that helps.  It does not make the sale and it does not take the place of you, the seller.  It helps you get exposure, that's all.

I wish you all All Blessings,
Candy

MrsWTownsend

« Reply #12 on: April 30, 2010, 11:45:38 AM »
This thread has posed a question for me...  Maybe I'm being too nosy here but I was wondering, is these instances where you are getting so many hits, are you getting sales too or just lots of hits?

Offline chainmaille

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 01, 2010, 08:24:59 PM »
This thread has posed a question for me...  Maybe I'm being too nosy here but I was wondering, is these instances where you are getting so many hits, are you getting sales too or just lots of hits?

I 'll answer for her, yes you are being to nosy! LOL

She has had 6 sales, hopefully she will not mind me saying. Since the shop is only a few months old, I think that is pretty good. Hope that helps. The one thing I know is traffic doesn't guarantee sales but you will not get sales without traffic. That is one reason why I am constantly working on getting traffic to the shop, I can't make them pull out there checkbook, but I sure can try to get them to look.
Candy also works really hard trying to drive traffic to her shop and that is why she has had sales.

It's funny what a little hard work does.  >:(