Author Topic: How to Accept a Buddy Invitation  (Read 18172 times)

MrsWTownsend

How to Accept a Buddy Invitation
« on: April 23, 2010, 10:40:32 AM »
Hello!  I have noticed that sometimes it is a little confusing regarding how, exactly, to accept a buddy invitation from a fellow forum member.  Hopefully, this thread will help to guide you through that process.  :)

So you log in to HAF and a little window immediately comes up that says "You've got a new message!" and asks if you want to navigate to your message page.  OK, now what?

In the message, you are given the option to accept or deny your buddy invite.  Depending on which you want to do, you click on either 'accept' or 'deny' in the message window.  BUT WAIT, THERE'S MORE!

If you navigate to the 'Edit Buddies' page, an option in the listing to the left of your Profile Summary, you will see a list of persons who are already your buddy or who's requests are still pending.

In each section of 'Buddies Center' and 'Pending Buddies', the big red 'X' in the far right column is what you click to remove a buddy or deny a buddy request.

In the 'Pending Buddies' section, there is a little people icon column right next to the big red 'X' column.  For each buddy you wish to accept, you click the little people icon and that will move them from the "pending" list to your 'Buddies Center', then voiala, you have officially made a buddy!   ;D

If you have any questions about this or how to navigate through any of the other forum features, please don't hesitate to ask.  You can start a new thread if you like; you never know whom else will benefit from the information once it has become available!   We are all here to help and support each other; the only question that is dumb is the one that you still don't know the answer to because you didn't ask it!

Offline iKnitQuiltSew

• Global Moderator
  • ...one stitch at a time!
    • View Profile
    • i Knit Quilt Sew
Re: How to Accept a Buddy Invitation
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2010, 09:04:10 PM »
I haven't been able to figure out how to extend a buddy invitation yet!  Thanks for this wonderful explanation on accepting a buddy invitation!

Offline chainmaille

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2010, 02:19:43 PM »
Click on the members name and it will take you to their profile. On their profile you will see Ad as buddy and click that to invite someone to be your buddy.

Offline iKnitQuiltSew

• Global Moderator
  • ...one stitch at a time!
    • View Profile
    • i Knit Quilt Sew
« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2010, 02:29:13 PM »
Thanks!