Author Topic: Need Moderators  (Read 9197 times)

Offline chainmaille

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Need Moderators
« on: April 19, 2009, 12:30:50 PM »
Well I'm looking for a couple volunteers to help moderate the board. The main problem lately is spam. I've deleted 3 threads and users so far that were spam. As a moderator you will be able to delete these spam posts and help keep this board clean. The position has no time limit do it as much or as little as you want. You don't have to stay logged on all the time just check regularly to make sure the board isn't being spammed. If your interested either post here or PM me and we'll discuss. Once your a moderator and have served as long as you want to let me know and we'll find a replacement to fill in. I think we should have at least two or three to peak in from time to time during the day to make sure were not being spammed. I'm looking into some ad ons for the software  to help cut this down, like I said there has only been 3 to date so that's not too bad. I guess it's safe to say you can expect possibly 1 a day.

I need to get 2 or 3 moderators in place within the next couple of days as I will be going away this coming weekend and I would sleep much better knowing that someone is peaking in to make sure the spam monsters aren't having a field day. 

I'm hoping that some people will step forward to help support the forum you have been enjoying.

Much thanks in advance for you participation.
Andrew
Chainmaille By MBOI

Offline chainmaille

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Need Moderators
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2009, 04:31:42 PM »
Big thanks to Jeanne of Gammiebrat http://gammiebrat.blogspot.com/ and Deb of Maille Mystique http://www.1000markets.com/users/maillemystique/ for jumping in to help moderate show them some love for their service.

Still would like one more though so that all the bases are covered.

Thanks again Deb and Jeanne you guys are great I'll sleep alot better knowing that someone else is watching for spam.

Who's gonna take the last spot? ;D

maillemystique

« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2009, 04:51:22 PM »
Happy to help!

Jeanne

« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2009, 09:42:48 AM »
Sounds like fun.

Jeanne

Offline chainmaille

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 21, 2009, 10:49:17 AM »
Still looking for one more moderator.
Who's going to jump in?
Come on you know you want to.
Maybe a little.
I'm not going to start begging yet......... walks away with head held high proud that he hasn't begged 8)

Offline chainmaille

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 21, 2009, 05:26:59 PM »
Welcome to Nárrína who is our third moderator, thanks so much for your desire to help. Please all show her some love.
Well I think we are in good shape now for moderators. If you are interested in serving just send me a PM or post it here, I'm sure we will need more in the future.
Thanks again to all who have volunteered.
Andrew

Offline Haffina

• Just a little bit crazy
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • HaffinaCreations
« Reply #7 on: April 23, 2009, 05:02:46 AM »
If you ever need any help let me know.. I've had a fair bit of experience with SMF forums. :D

Offline chainmaille

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 29, 2009, 03:37:13 PM »
We now have four moderators in two in the waiting to either jump in and help or take over for others that want to stop so I'm closing this thread until further needed.
Thanks for all the help.