Author Topic: CALL FOR ARTISTS! SUMMERFEST ARTS & CRAFTS SHOW- QUAKERTOWN PA.  (Read 1454 times)

Offline summerfestmol

• View Profile
I am writing hoping you would considering showing at Summerfest May 22, 2010 at Men-O-Lan in Quakertown, PA.

Summerfest is a 'festival fundraiser' and Arts & Crafts and Benefit Auction that has been a very successful event for Men-O-Lan for 20 years. It is a full family event, and is loads of fun for everyone! All of camp is used. Games, Prizes, vendors, auction, food, canoeing, rock-wall-etc .... ect.... SO MUCH FUN!

Men-O-Lan has always hosted craftsmen, artists, foods, and nurseries. However, for the last 19 years camp supplied the tables, and exhibitors would sell their items and donate all proceeds to camp. This year we are selling exhibit spaces, and artisans will keep all proceeds from sales.

My husband Bryan Smith came on with MOL in 2008 as executive director, and I as marketing director. Last year was a great year for MOL Summerfest ( nealry 2 thousand came through our lots ). It is a free event and all of camp is used. We are however experiencing a time of growth, and are expecting over that- although, it is hard to estimate.

We are advertising in all available avenues this year....including by not limited to- FB, Twitter, Stubleupon, delicious, digg..., HTML emails, All available web sites that list events ( paid and unpaid ) community boards, we have excellent relationships with all area school districts and flyers will be going home kids, announcements in 30+ church bulletins, flyers posted at area businesses &dds and drs offices, and restaurants. a save the date postcard mailed 2 months prior to event and a follow up one 1 month prior to event. & radio ads.
:D probably more, that I can't think of right now.

We believe this year will be a big one for us.

As far as price point, I would expect price points should be the same you usually charge.

Exhibits tables will be set up all through center camp, and I ( being an artist myself ) cannot wait for a GREAT show!

We are offering 50$ exhibitor sites- 10'x 10'. if you apply by April 1, 2010.

We would LOVE to see you in the art show.  This is a juried show, so you must apply, or refer me to your work on the web. 

Some artists are offering photos for advertising and if you have a site, I can also include a link on our website.

May 22 Saturday. 5-8am setup
8am pancake breakfast for all exhibitors
10-5 Summerfest Arts & Crafts Show and Benefit Auction.
5-8pm breakdown.

There are many hurting families out there, and we want to make sure that NO child is denied the opportunity of experiencing a week of swimming, canoeing, arts & crafts, farming, rock wall, teachings on self-esteem, respect.... etc...all the fun a week at camp offers. Often making all the difference in a child's life.

Please consider joining us 'ensuring every child can come to camp.'

Please let me know if you are interested.  We have great artists already, and hoping you will be there too!  Apply now!  Can't wait to hear from you!

Thank you and many blessings!

Kelli
www.menolan.org

MrsWTownsend

Re: CALL FOR ARTISTS! SUMMERFEST ARTS & CRAFTS SHOW- QUAKERTOWN PA.
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2010, 03:21:47 PM »
This looks like a fun time to be had by all!  I wish I were in PA!