Author Topic: New! NATURAL BAR SHAMPOO!  (Read 9125 times)

Offline girliesbling

• Love making jewelry and Decorative painting
    • View Profile
    • Girlie's Bling & Things
Re: New! NATURAL BAR SHAMPOO!
« Reply #15 on: January 11, 2010, 03:06:12 PM »
Those soaps are beautiful, and the photo is A+.  I swear, I see so many soaps, and they all look good enough to eat!..lol  Beautiful work!

Offline Larissa

• Reef Botanicals
  • Global Moderator
  • Act well your part, there all the honour lies.
    • View Profile
    • Reef Botanicals
« Reply #16 on: January 11, 2010, 03:17:22 PM »
Thank you so much!

Offline Dragonclaw

• DRAGONCLAW STUDIOS free-form, organic wearable art
    • View Profile
    • DRAGONCLAW STUDIOS
« Reply #17 on: January 16, 2010, 12:33:52 PM »
I ordered some of this... (eagerly awaiting it) ^-^

Offline MakinTheBest

• Administrator
  • Live everyday like you mean it!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 16, 2010, 01:03:37 PM »
I was poking around your site and am amazed at the difference in your pictures!  Keep this up and you will dominate the soapy world!

Offline Larissa

• Reef Botanicals
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Reef Botanicals
« Reply #19 on: January 16, 2010, 03:30:42 PM »
That's the plan!

Dragonclaw,  yours is going out today (though it might end up postmarked Monday), so you'll have it soon!

Offline Dragonclaw

• DRAGONCLAW STUDIOS free-form, organic wearable art
    • View Profile
    • DRAGONCLAW STUDIOS
« Reply #20 on: January 25, 2010, 12:17:39 PM »
I ordered some of this... (eagerly awaiting it) ^-^
Got it and have used it a couple of times.... first I would like to say thanks for the prompt delivery and the shampoo smells great and I really love the lots of lather plus it really leaves my hair soft and flexible (not dried out and flyaway like the commercial shampoos do) I have fine thin wavy hair so if there is too much moisturizer in the shampoo it lays flat and my skull shows and if not enough then I tend to look like Albert Einstien,(without too much grey) lol
I was a little scared by the price with shipping, but a little goes a long way and I suspect this bar will last for a very long time and no bottle to throw away, to add to landfills.

Offline Larissa

• Reef Botanicals
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Reef Botanicals
« Reply #21 on: January 25, 2010, 12:59:31 PM »
Wow, thanks for the rave review!  I'm really glad you're happy with it.

... as I guffaw (quite literally) at the picture in my head of Albert Einstein trying to make his hair manageable.

Offline jewelrybyjanelle50

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 05, 2010, 12:42:17 AM »
I like my hair to smell good, does it smell strongly of the peppermint? And how does it do for oily hair? It is oily at the scalp, and unless I use conditioner, which I hate because it tends to matt my hair down, or so it seems. it is dry everywhere else. Yeah, I know it sounds weird, but I was just looking at it on your site and wondering...

Offline lisianblue

• View Profile
    • lisianblue
« Reply #23 on: February 05, 2010, 06:54:53 AM »
This sounds lovely - and I like the idea of not having to throw more plastic away or even trying to recycle it - and that it doesn't have any sulfates in it!!! Love the addition of rosemary - but I have to admit, not the peppermint!
The photo is great!

Jan - are you washing your hair too often?  I found that washing my hair alot was making it oily, after I quit washing it so much it stopped being oily at the scalp.  Same was true for my face - except that I started using a moisturizer and the oiliness stopped.
Kris 
"Art is not a handicraft, it is the transmission of feeling the artist has experienced."  Leo Tolstoy 

http://handmadeartists.com/shop/reflections
http://handmadeartistsshop.com/shop/lisianblue

http://twitter.com/lisianblue
http://lisianblue.blogspot.com

Offline jewelrybyjanelle50

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 05, 2010, 12:36:00 PM »
Kris-No, I have to wash it often, at least every other day or it sticks together and really looks bad. My skin and hair has always been oily, to the point that I have never had to use a moisturizer or lotions. I've used facial moisturizers, it only makes it worse.

MrsWTownsend

« Reply #25 on: February 05, 2010, 02:00:05 PM »
You know, I saw the shampoo bar on your website and didn't buy it for the same reason (need conditioner to be able to comb through my hair and skeptical about bar shampoo~ I have never heard of such a thing).  Not to mention the fact that here (in AZ) we have a couple of times a year where static electricity takes over and without conditioner you risk electrocution every time you move.  However, I am LOVING my Lavender Shave Soap, which makes me very open minded about the shampoo bars now...  Could you stick a balloon in your hair and see how it does with static electricity???  ;D  Seriously though, how do you think it will do with someone who is a naturally oily person?

Offline Larissa

• Reef Botanicals
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Reef Botanicals
« Reply #26 on: February 09, 2010, 11:55:31 PM »
Hi, sorry I haven't been around - I was sick as a dog & had no real energy to post here.  The peppermint smell isn't very strong, but a friend did comment that my hair smelled good and I was using it until just a couple days ago when I started using our newer variety of shampoo.

We formulated it as a neutral shampoo, good for all hair types, so it shouldn't at all add to oily hair.  If anything, I have long dry hair, so I still use conditioner with it.  I do only use conditioner from mid-hair down, never by my scalp.

I do wash my hair every day or it also gets oily by my scalp (we all sound really similar!) and I have a tendency to touch my face too much, so I can break out there too.  Also, if I eat oily food I find that my face feels icky.

I have to say, I was also really skeptical about using a bar shampoo; I have the same issue with being able to brush/comb it.  It's thick, fine, dry for the bottom half, long, and wavy, so you can imagine the issues I have.  But I really do love it, and we're working on a natural conditioner (I'm adamant that I want one).

We're also likely going to work on a liquid shampoo too.  :D