Author Topic: Secret Revealed! I Present the Handmade Artists' Shop  (Read 25467 times)

Offline chainmaille

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Secret Revealed! I Present the Handmade Artists' Shop
« Reply #15 on: December 28, 2009, 12:05:50 PM »
In oreder to start promoting the new shop I've created a twitter account here http://twitter.com/HAFshop and have been tagging things HAFshop so that everyone will be able to follow the tweets. It will take me a while to build the twitter account followers but I don't want to try to hard until I get the badge from ambient girl. She's supposed to be back in town today finishing the new forum badges for all our outreach efforts.

Enjoy

Offline MakinTheBest

• Administrator
  • Live everyday like you mean it!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 29, 2009, 05:29:57 PM »
I guess with all the new people jumping in and listing I really need to get off my but and list!  I've got a few new "Kimmy creations" as Andrew calls them that I just got pictures of today and will be sure to get them up soon.

Offline chainmaille

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 29, 2009, 07:32:06 PM »
I think this forum and shop has been a fantastic idea.  I just paid to have my website (website, shopping cart & domain name) renewed for a year... at a whopping cost of $380 with discounts.  The tech tried to sell me more time, but I just couldn't afford it!  So the HAF Store is a steal compared!  I won't be surprised to close out my website and just focus on the store!
Thanks for the compliments. We used website tonight at the beginning. Just a word of caution if you ever want to move your site you will not be able to get your content. At least that is what happened to us. Website tonight holds the content in different locations and pulls it together to create a page so therefore we had to start from scratch when we left website tonight. You might want to check for yourself when you get a chance before you get too deep.

Anyway yes the annual price works out to $60 bucks a year. We had considerable conversations about this before we set the price and felt that $5.00 a month was reasonable. Considering the fees that other venues charge I do believe this is a bargain and I'm glad you agree. It will take a little while to get off the ground but I believe it will pay off for everyone ;D

Offline MakinTheBest

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 29, 2009, 07:45:05 PM »
I think this forum and shop has been a fantastic idea.  I just paid to have my website (website, shopping cart & domain name) renewed for a year... at a whopping cost of $380 with discounts.  The tech tried to sell me more time, but I just couldn't afford it!  So the HAF Store is a steal compared!  I won't be surprised to close out my website and just focus on the store!
Thanks for the compliments. We used website tonight at the beginning. Just a word of caution if you ever want to move your site you will not be able to get your content. At least that is what happened to us. Website tonight holds the content in different locations and pulls it together to create a page so therefore we had to start from scratch when we left website tonight. You might want to check for yourself when you get a chance before you get too deep.

Anyway yes the annual price works out to $60 bucks a year. We had considerable conversations about this before we set the price and felt that $5.00 a month was reasonable. Considering the fees that other venues charge I do believe this is a bargain and I'm glad you agree. It will take a little while to get off the ground but I believe it will pay off for everyone ;D

LOL considerable conversations is an understatement!  I wanted to talk about this in between working full time and finishing college and kids and sports and holidays and...well, you get the idea. 

We are hoping that it will be a better deal than many places because you can list what you want when you want without the fees and, hopefully, cross promote the hell out of each other.  Just wait...we will take over the handmade world!  Nope, no visions of world domination here! :evil:

Offline charmedmemory

• View Profile
    • CharmedMemory
« Reply #20 on: December 29, 2009, 08:48:27 PM »
Wow this is great,thanks so much for setting it up.
Hopefully it will take off.
Am joining up now

seedlingsjewelry

« Reply #21 on: December 29, 2009, 11:25:37 PM »
For those of you who have researched doing a shopping cart yourself, the one used for the new shop is really in-depth and will give you a lot of control that you will love. This launch came at a great time for me who was about to put my hubby to work fixing up my non Etsy site.

I still need to load up a lot of products but plan on doing that at the same time I'm giving my Etsy shop a 2010 makeover.

Offline MakinTheBest

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 30, 2009, 08:03:09 AM »
For those of you who have researched doing a shopping cart yourself, the one used for the new shop is really in-depth and will give you a lot of control that you will love. This launch came at a great time for me who was about to put my hubby to work fixing up my non Etsy site.

I still need to load up a lot of products but plan on doing that at the same time I'm giving my Etsy shop a 2010 makeover.

I'm so glad you are jointing us seedlings!  I know that Andrew spent a lot of time researching carts and this one is a bit more difficult to maneuver than some of the others; but, we wanted to give the artist a lot of control over their shops and stats.  One of the big problems I had with a few other sites is that I couldn't customize enough so that was an important consideration.

Offline dreamriverdesigns

• Handcrafted heirloom quality jewelry
    • View Profile
    • DreamRiver Designs
« Reply #23 on: December 30, 2009, 10:37:41 AM »
this is the greatest thing ever!!!  I really appreciate the amount of hard work so many people have put into the forum, blog and now the shop!!!

Now I just have to get more stuff listed,

thanks so much for this great opportunity!!!

Offline Dragonclaw

• DRAGONCLAW STUDIOS free-form, organic wearable art
    • View Profile
    • DRAGONCLAW STUDIOS
« Reply #24 on: December 31, 2009, 09:50:25 AM »
I will be signing up after the first of the month... You know how it is at the end of the month...

Offline hoshikaze

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 31, 2009, 03:48:27 PM »
This is great timing wise, as I want to start selling this year (after making sure to have any paperwork I need for tax stuff taken care of first) and doing so via HAF would be great.

I'm still debating doing a website at some point, though more of a portfolio rather then a selling website. DevArt has their portfolios but I'd like to customize something more.

Thank you for putting this together :)
~Claire
Me on DevArt, Twitter *, Blogger - beads
*Yes, I changed my twitter name.

Offline chainmaille

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 01, 2010, 10:05:18 AM »
Just thought I would let everyone know that we started a Facebook page for the shop here http://www.facebook.com/pages/Point-Pleasant-NJ/Handmade-Artists-Shop/256028573125?ref=sgm&v=wall#/pages/Point-Pleasant-NJ/Handmade-Artists-Shop/256028573125?ref=sgm.
So stop by and become a fan write on the wall or whatever you want.

I would like to thank Twas Brillig for kindly offering to help with this outreach effort, she has done a wonderful job with the Forums FB Page now, I'm sure she will do a wonderful job with this page as well.

Thanks Twas! ;D
« Last Edit: January 01, 2010, 01:30:54 PM by MakinTheBestOfIt »

seedlingsjewelry

« Reply #27 on: January 01, 2010, 12:47:28 PM »
I got a not found when I tried that link :/